Author Topic: Newbie FAQs/Discussion for SDCC Badge Buying  (Read 51574 times)

Offline lordmats0o

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Newbie FAQs/Discussion for SDCC Badge Buying
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Although...  Open Reg for 2018 occurred last quarter of 2017.

Keep checking the Comic-Con site.

Hey there! Thanks, yes I plan on definitely volunteering, I've been actively checking on the volunteers tab. Hope I get selected!

Welcome to the FoCC!  Buying groups for Returning Registration (for people who attended in 2018) will likely open in a couple months.  You didn't attend, though?  If not, you'll be trying for a badge in Open Registration, which probably won't happen until first quarter of 2019.  There will be an additional opening time between the sales.  Space is limited so keep an eye on the forum over the next few months.  You'll want to do that anyway!!   ;)

I'll be trying for open registration again this year as I'm not not a returning member but I really prefer not to try by myself this time. I'm very familiar with how registration works but this time I'd rather operate with a group. I checked these forums and I saw a thread for 2018 buying groups but didn't get much info on upcoming SDCC. I've been looking for buying groups on Reddit but some of the people there seems sketchy, I was recommended by a few people to look for groups here on this site but I have no idea how to go about it. Thanks for all the help btw guys.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2018, 03:21:33 PM »
We will be organizing the 2019 open registration buying groups once pre-registration has been completed. We will do our best to add new people, however our technology is limited. In order for the buying groups to work, they have to all be connected during the sale. Our current platform limits the number of groups. We are exploring new ways to expand the buying groups. If anyone has technical skills in app development, we'd love some assistance!

But for the moment, we will do our best with what we have.

I am hoping to make announcements for pre-registration buying groups toward the end of August.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 08:26:56 AM »

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2018, 09:51:26 AM »
We will be organizing the 2019 open registration buying groups once pre-registration has been completed. We will do our best to add new people, however our technology is limited. In order for the buying groups to work, they have to all be connected during the sale. Our current platform limits the number of groups. We are exploring new ways to expand the buying groups. If anyone has technical skills in app development, we'd love some assistance!

But for the moment, we will do our best with what we have.

I am hoping to make announcements for pre-registration buying groups toward the end of August.

The new technology should be up and running by the end of the year so will have plenty of test time before 2020 registrations start :)

I think people will like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »
Sounds great, Clambert1273! I am looking forward to it!

Offline Cender26

• Sails Pavilion
  • Enjoys Being a SDCC Volunteer!
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2019, 07:35:14 AM »
Has anyone ever had to return a badge and how smooth was that process? Are there stipulations for returning a badge?

Online semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:11 AM »
[member=1612]Cender26[/member] It's usually pretty smooth, although they do keep 10% as a processing fee. You can find all the information here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Cender26

• Sails Pavilion
  • Enjoys Being a SDCC Volunteer!
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
Okay thanks [member=1291]semigeekgirl[/member], Good to know about that processing fee too. I didn't even think about that.

Offline saintdiego90

• Sails Pavilion
Re: Newbie here - questions about badge buying
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2019, 12:22:40 PM »
we've got a couple of new group leaders in training through the returning reg. They should be opening up once we get past pre-reg.

Hi! I'm a newbie as well. Will there be posts about the new groups forming? I just want to make sure I know how it functions so I don't miss my chance to join a group.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2019, 01:10:08 PM »
Unfortunately, we are having issues accommodating all of the people who are already part of buying groups. As such, we are unable to accept new members into the buying groups for 2020.

Offline Brody038

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2019, 02:31:31 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I want to join a  badge buying group. This will be my 1st SDCC EVER 😁😁😁. Who do I speak to here on the forum about this?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2019, 06:58:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Brody! Unfortunately, due to issues accommodating our current groups, we are not accepting new members into buying groups at this time.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2019, 09:40:26 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I want to join a  badge buying group. This will be my 1st SDCC EVER . Who do I speak to here on the forum about this?
I’d check out some of the Comic-Con Facebook groups. There seem to be a plethora of people looking to form groups right now and you can maybe hop in and find some people to help out

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:39 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I want to join a  badge buying group. This will be my 1st SDCC EVER . Who do I speak to here on the forum about this?
Welcome to the forum! Lee your eyes out on this forum as occasionally members will add in buying group forums of openings or know of other places to join buying groups.

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2022, 08:01:08 AM »
Hey guys! This is my first year going: any advice on what NOT to do? We got our hotel and plane tickets but what are something you’ve learned from going to SDCC?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2022, 08:41:00 AM »
Hey guys! This is my first year going: any advice on what NOT to do? We got our hotel and plane tickets but what are something you’ve learned from going to SDCC?

What NOT to do... ignore this site in the days leading up to the con. ;)

I know, that sounds facetious, but there really is a lot of good information here, and you may find out about things of which you would not have been aware otherwise.

You're likely to get a lot of advice such as 'Don't miss ***' or 'Make sure you do ***' or 'Don't overplan' or 'Don't underplan'... these are difficult things, because every person is different and has a different approach to the con. One thing about SDCC (at least, the pre-COVID version) is that there is SO much to do that if you miss out on something, you will find something else to do. Even just walking around can lead to so many interesting experiences. Really, the only thing you can do wrong is stay in your hotel room.