Author Topic: In preparation for SDCC 2020 newbie with a few questions!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Lonahora

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
In preparation for SDCC 2020 newbie with a few questions!
« on: June 01, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

Hoping SDCC 2020 would be my first Comic Con and trip to United States, I want to do everything possible in preparation for the next badges sell. I already read several of the posts and while some were very helpful, others got me confused a little, I supposed due to my English and lack of deeper understanding of the matter.

My questions are:

1. Say that my prayers were answered, the big G bestowed His boon onto me and I'm at the badges buying stage and all the days are available, I want to buy badges for myself and a friend, how exactly I need to fill the form (zero examples in Google and Youtube)?

2. What I need in hand (my Member ID and...)?

3. Is there a prior process I need to go through with my information?

4. If I take too long to fill in the buying form, can other people get access and purchase the last badge\s of the day or days that were available to me?

Thank you, guys, and hope that we'll all have good luck for SDCC 2020!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: In preparation for SDCC 2020 newbie with a few questions!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi everyone,

Hoping SDCC 2020 would be my first Comic Con and trip to United States, I want to do everything possible in preparation for the next badges sell. I already read several of the posts and while some were very helpful, others got me confused a little, I supposed due to my English and lack of deeper understanding of the matter.

My questions are:

1. Say that my prayers were answered, the big G bestowed His boon onto me and I'm at the badges buying stage and all the days are available, I want to buy badges for myself and a friend, how exactly I need to fill the form (zero examples in Google and Youtube)?

2. What I need in hand (my Member ID and...)?

3. Is there a prior process I need to go through with my information?

4. If I take too long to fill in the buying form, can other people get access and purchase the last badge\s of the day or days that were available to me?

Thank you, guys, and hope that we'll all have good luck for SDCC 2020!

Before you do anything, register for Member ID. Both you and your friend AND anyone else. Share with each other, right now.

Make that a Priority for the end of June 2019!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:44:01 AM »

Offline Lonahora

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

Before you do anything, register for Member ID. Both you and your friend AND anyone else. Share with each other, right now.

Make that a Priority for the end of June 2019!

I already have a Member ID, years old that sadly I've never got to use. I need to make one for my friend. It's basically the only thing I was aware of for the purpose of purchasing badges.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:43:30 PM »
I already have a Member ID, years old that sadly I've never got to use. I need to make one for my friend. It's basically the only thing I was aware of for the purpose of purchasing badges.
Have your friend make one or make one for them. Do it as soon as possible. It's never too early.

You say you've never had the opportunity to use yours.  I would log onto it just to make sure you can access it.

Make sure you do not opt out of all communcation. 

Monitor your email.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
We have a lot more first timer/newbie questions and answers in this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login as well!

Here's an older Open Registration Buying video to research the process

Have you decided how days you're okay to attend? if you don't get all days of the convention, I'd recommend Volunteering as a way to get a badge.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:11:01 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Katamari13

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 07:08:34 AM »
Be part of a buying group for Open Registration. Being part of one greatly raises your chances of snagging a badge. Just you and your friend alone are very low odds.