Author Topic: walking dead escape  (Read 27146 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: walking dead escape
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 06:14:54 AM »
Here's a little article I put together about last years event!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline n3rdlink

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »
Couple of my buddies signed up for this already.  I probably will. I think $75 is a bit pricey but it sounds like fun.  Hopefully they will have new obstacles.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:50:52 AM »

Offline Alvetica

• Exhibit Hall
  • Years at Comic-Con: 2003-present Twitter:@alvetica
    • @alvetica
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
I ran it last year.  While fun, it was exhausting.  It was 30-45 minutes of constant running and climbing.
A friend of mine did the zombie thing.  She had to let a girl pass her because she wasn't wearing underwear.

So here's 2 tips:

1. Wear underwear
2. Be in shape

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:10 PM »
Here's my coverage of last years event.

This year we've been approved for 2 press passes, so while my friend is running and getting video, i'll be able to go slow and get pictures. Should be much easier than running the coarse with a video camera and dslr trying to get both pics and video at the same time haha.

Yzrfan

walking dead escape
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
You should do the Go Pro

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
You should do the Go Pro

That's the plan. For the sake of simplicity, my fairly athletic buddy is going to run it full speed with a Go-Pro whilst I take my sweet time hah.

Yzrfan

walking dead escape
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 12:06:24 AM »
Sounds good

Offline Quislings

• Room 6BCF
    • Nerdophiles
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 03:58:40 AM »
I pretty much have my heart set on this, it's just a matter of deciding what day would be best to do it. I've never been to SDCC, so I don't really know when the best "down" time would be to schedule it without interfering with the million other things going on (not that that won't happen anyway).
Managing Editor of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | SDCC (2013 - 2018) | NYCC (2014 - 2018) | Wondercon (2017) | AwesomeCon (2014)

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »
I pretty much have my heart set on this, it's just a matter of deciding what day would be best to do it. I've never been to SDCC, so I don't really know when the best "down" time would be to schedule it without interfering with the million other things going on (not that that won't happen anyway).

I'd say go in the evening. Around 7-8pm when most people are going back to their hotel rooms.

Offline shuhbonkboo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

Or just pick the last wave where the walkers are told to go all out

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »
I did it last year on Thursday evening for the following reasons:
1) wanted it to be dark
2) wanted the zombies to be "fresh". Not tired from multiple days of being a zombie.
3) wanted to make sure I had energy early in the con.  By Saturday, I'm exhausted from all the lines and walking
4) Thursday is the lightest day of the big panels - so I wasn't missing anything late. Ie - I always go to Kevin Smith and the Masquerade Ball Saturday night.
5) it would be a little cool. Remember - its July heat!

You'll enjoy it whenever you go.  I had a great time.
Hope that helps!

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
i did last wave for Thursday evening, it was light on the zombies but since it was cool it felt great, unfortunately this year they only have a Friday and Saturday wave.

Offline carmitch

• Exhibit Hall
  • Disabled CCI attendee
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 01:59:52 AM »
As you can see in the pic to your left  <-----, I wouldn't be able to be a walker or runner.  I am thinking of being a spectator.

Do spectators just stand there and watch?  What's all involved in that part?  Anything really physical?  Do we get to encourage the runners to run fast, etc.?  Any advice for spectators?  Is it worth the $20?

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
There are some YouTube videos of the spectator area from last year.  From what I've seen, its basically just standing around and watching whatever part of the course is visible from the spectator area.

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
As you can see in the pic to your left  <-----, I wouldn't be able to be a walker or runner.  I am thinking of being a spectator.

Do spectators just stand there and watch?  What's all involved in that part?  Anything really physical?  Do we get to encourage the runners to run fast, etc.?  Any advice for spectators?  Is it worth the $20?
yeah when I ran the course last year I only remember one part where I saw spectators, (I wasn't looking for them) but it didn't look that good of a spot. think upstairs of a mall im running on one side and the spectators where on the other side. with a huge open gap between us.