Author Topic: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread  (Read 84150 times)

Offline Legend_of_Melda

• Exhibit Hall
  • Unleash the bats
  • Liked: 16
Re: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »
HOTEL REVIEW AND FEEDBACK LAYOUT

Harborview Inn and Suites

Type of Room: 2 full beds

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2014

Hotel Review: Location was convenient short walk to convention even shorter walk to hotel on the shuttle route. Hotel was dated,  air conditioner was weak,  and the mini fridge smelled really bad.

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?  7 eleven i block away. 

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous? Hotel staff was nice but then again we were out much of the day until very late. 

* Did you order room service not an option.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them? don't think they had any.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels? broadly a bit smaller. Small halls, elevator, bathrooms.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? n/a

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? walking 20 to 25 min.  Shuttle 5 -10 min.  Depending on shuttle wait time.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? not very noisy.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  i dont remember.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? n/a

What did you like about staying at this hotel?
Since you might have already wrote about it from the questions above, just make a quick list about the things you liked the most about your stay.

- close location to the convention center. Pretty much all.

Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel?
Tell us about anything that negatively impacted your stay at this particular hotel that you may not have already mentioned.

- warm room/ bad air conditioner.

Offline sirbob5

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »
Name of Hotel: Marriott Mission Valley

Type of Room: Two Double Beds

Number of Nights You Stayed:5 nights

Hotel Review:

I've stayed here for 5-6 years.  About 1.5 years ago they underwent a renovation.  Nice mix of convention attendees and non attendees.  Hotel staff always accommodating to attendees and never looks down at them or treats us differently as I have experienced at other hotels.  Rooms are clean and housekeeping has gotten a lot better here.  They used to sometimes miss your room in years past if you slept in, but the last two years they fixed that. 

Great pool with waterfall and hot tub.  Nice views of the surrounding scenery.  It's on both the shuttle and trolley routes.  Convenient to fast food like In and Out Burger.  Any instances of problems have always been addressed immediately and with a smile.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 03:31:15 PM »

Offline Tashg

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 12:56:46 AM »
Name of Hotel: Wyndham San Diego Bayside

Type of Room: 2 full-sized beds

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5

Hotel Review:

Nice place. Near quay. Good view at the bay and Star of India
Room were spacy, but little dated
Wardrobe was in the bathroom. This is strange and not very convenient

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
Strabucks inside.
Nice diner  for breakfast  Door in door  with hotel
Popular  steak house restaurant 1 min  walk
Seafood diner on the peer across the street

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?

Hotel staff was nice.
Upgrade Seaview room for us because regular twins was run out
But I weren’t communicate with the staff more than Check in and Check out

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
I don’t know about the gym
Noticed the pool on check out

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?
Room was spacy enough to movie around without any hassle

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
Parking cost 25 per day

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
Shuttle travel time apx 30-40 min depends time of day
Taxi 5-15 min time of day
Walk 30 min

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
Haven’t noticed
Noise never bother me much

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
Yes

- Bearable travel time to convention Centre
- great view from your room
- Not very expansive
-   Nice diner door in door

- Need to travel to Downton
-   Expensive parking   

Offline mostlyalurker

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 01:25:35 AM »
HOTEL REVIEW AND FEEDBACK LAYOUT

Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt

Type of Room: 2 queen-sized beds

Hotel Review:

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel? yes, but weren't terribly impressed with the selection

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous? absolutely!!

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels? yes, we had 5-6 folk moving in and out of the room depending on overnight line sitting, early rising line sitting, and the like. it amazingly worked out where we never had more than 4 sleeping in the room at one time, so no one slept on the floor. we ended up with a gorgeous corner room with amazing views. very spacious ADA room. for room sharing, my favorite room/hotel by far

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? my friend literally pushed me in a manual wheelchair down the sidewalk. maybe 5-10 minutes depending on the crowd outside the convention center mostly.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? never heard anything from outside the room, next door or hallway. very, very quiet.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  don't remember. i use my phone as a hot spot most of the time, anyway

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above? apparently some of the teen wolf stars were on our floor as one of my roomies rode down in the elevator with him. she's a total fangirl of him and the show, but she played it very cool and he helped her with her luggage.

Since you might have already wrote about it from the questions above, just make a quick list about the things you liked the most about your stay at this particular hotel.

- close location to the convention center
- had great customer service
- great view from your room
- quiet
- spacious ADA room

Tell us about anything that negatively impacted your stay at this particular hotel that you may not have already mentioned above. 

- lack of decent/good, quiet place to eat, drink, meet with friends.
[/quote]

Offline Tashg

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 02:15:12 AM »
Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

Number of Nights You Stayed: 6

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2015

Hotel Review:

Location. One of the best places to stay in SD for SDCC
You won’t think about logistic at all.
Huge crowds in the lobby all the time
I have an impression that many people just live in the lobby because they don’t have hotels of its own.
Highly overpriced. And not only accommodation. Both restaurants also expansive

A lot of dining options near hotel. About 5 min walk to Gaslamp
Starbucks inside hotel - the cheapest nearby option. Alwayas huge line
Ralf’s is nearby for in room dining ))

How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?
We were interact only on check in and check out
They were polite

Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
Gym and pool with bar.
Use pool on arrival day. Not large but nice

Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
Room is very spacy. No hassle for moving at all
We stay in the left tower at the 4th floor facing the sea. Room has very nice baloney.
If I remember correctly, right tower doesn’t have balconies

If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
Parking rate — 30 for the day

How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
Hotel is adjoin to the center and has underground passage to the center

Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
We do not have any problem with noise. But our friends has room facing the city and they had noise problem from the train horn and these people with loudhailer who are screaming something near CS. They were located on  11 floor in the right tower

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  No. Wifi was 12$ per day

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Yes.
Free wifi.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
I believe half of “Ballroom 20” attendance lived in this hotel. We were meeting  someone all the time
And Stan Lee

Location, location, location
Good view
Spacious room
- expensive hotel rates per night
- Expensive everything

Offline Requia

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2016, 02:55:42 AM »
Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis and Marina

Type of Room: Double

Year(s) You Stayed There: Every year from 2008 to 2015

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?  Directly across the street from the Gaslamp Quarter with many dining options.  Roy's restaurant located in the hotel, as well as hotel restaurant with breakfast buffet.

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous? Super polite and accommodating.  We had a king bed, but they provided us with a rollaway and pull out sofa bed to make up for not having a double.

* Did you order room service?
 No. We ventured down to the breakfast buffet and bought snacks from the store downstairs, though.  Very conveniently located by the room elevators.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?  There was a pool and exercise facility, but there was no time for that.  The Nintendo Lounge is in this hotel!

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
We slept very well!  The rooms were spacious, enough that I could work on a costume without taking up the entire room.  Some rooms have a balcony which is really nice as well.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays? There was an included $40 parking fee for the weekend, and they give you a little ticket with stubs for in/out privileges.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?  Less than five minutes to walk from my room to the A hall.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?  The walls seemed adequate.  Not in the room, but there is free Wi-fi in the lobby!  There are plenty of seating areas at the first floor to take advantage of that.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Yes. Starwood/SPG member. Did not get perks other than the points to count.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?  Shared an elevator with Stan Lee, which made me so nervous.  GRR Martin shared a conversation with a friend.  You'll see a lot of the guests at this hotel, as well as at the Hilton and Hard Rock. Fulfillment room is sometimes here, although lately it's been at the Hyatt.  You also get the Nintendo Lounge and tabletop gaming, as well as a hospitality room!  Some programming goes on here, too.

Close to the convention center, lots of nearby restaurants, hospitality room, spacious, great staff

- Can get crowded at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline geargirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2016, 06:21:54 AM »
Name of Hotel: Sophia

Type of Room: Suite

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5

The room was great because it was the suite. We had 4 people in the room. There were two beds and a sitting room. The sitting room really made it comfortable. The bathroom was a bit weird. Sliding door and right off the sitting room. Great distance from the Convention Center and Ralphs which is a big plus for me.

Pros:
- Close to Con Center
- Nice rooms/but if you do not get the suite they looked cramped
-Nice workout room
-Refrigerator in room

Cons:
-Rooms small but clean and staff nice

Offline fborrego79

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2016, 06:47:42 AM »
Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

Type of Room: 1 King

Number of Nights You Stayed: 2

Hotel Review:[/b]

This was our first year staying at this hotel and it was a great place to relace after a long con day. 

The is a nice resteraunt in the hotel. We did eat there. The food was a bit on the pricy side but was very good.

The staff was very nice and accommodating.

Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
Our room came with a mini fridge ( i called ahead to make sure)
and it had pleny of plugs for all my devices (9 total that all need charging)

Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
Plenty of space but there were only 2 of us.

How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
This is the reason to choose this hotel, its adjacent to Convention center on foot its about 1-2 min. Also there is a great path to the back to get to the walk way behind the convention center and avoid the pandemonium in front.

Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
Not the we noticed.

How close it is to SDCC

Nothing, we are staying there again this year.

Offline Automatic7

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 69
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2016, 08:27:05 AM »
HOTEL REVIEW

Name of Hotel: The Sofia

Type of Room: Tiny one room with one king

Number of Nights You Stayed: Friday though Sunday (IIRC)

Hotel Review:
* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
   Yes, there was a fancy, kinda pricey restaurant at the hotel. We avoided it except one morning for breakfast. There was also a Tender Greens and a coffee place (forget the name) next door. The Tender Greens was closed on the weekends tho.

Hotel staff was pretty nice during the few times I interacted with them.

Did not order room service

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
They offered yoga classes and had nice bikes you could borrow. My husband and friends borrowed the bikes on Saturday while I was at the con and had a great time.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
The room was TINY. I have seen closets bigger than our room. Everything was pretty cramped and the bed was hard as a rock. I have a bad back and barely slept the entire time I was there.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
Took the train down.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
It was a 15-20 min walk, but you could walk through Gaslamp and there were a lot of cool things to see.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
You could hear other rooms/hallway. Thin walls ftl.

I do not believe so.

I am not.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
They gave free water bottles which was really nice. They also had water in the lobby so you could refill your bottles - I really liked that.

- Close to Conan
- Clean hotel
- Free water

Tell us about anything that negatively impacted your stay at this particular hotel that you may not have already mentioned above.
- Again the bed was just awful. Super, omg awful.
- Don't expect a view - you are off a street far from the water
- not a lot of reasonably priced food options nearby

Offline VickiLVCM

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2016, 08:52:05 AM »
Name of Hotel: Handerly

Type of Room: 2 Double Beds

Hotel Review:

Yes, but the hours were very limited. They closed early so you had to make sure you were back from the convention early so you could get food. 

* How was the hotel staff?
The staff were friendly but not very knowledgeable. 

No

They had a pool but we did not use it. There was a laundry room.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?
The rooms were average rooms. It's an older hotel that has been updated.
Name of Hotel:

Type of Room:
2 double beds

Number of Nights You Stayed:

Year(s) You Stayed There: (Type in the actual year: 2012, 2013, 2014, etc.)

Hotel Review:

(Here are some questions to get you started as you think about your hotel stay during Comic-Con.  Again, you can answer all or some of these questions to help you write your hotel feedback comments.)

If "Yes," tell us about the restaurants and type of food they had (if you remember).

If yes, tell us about if you had a good experience with room service.

There was a pool but we never used it. They do have a laundry room.

The rooms were average. They remodeled them recently but the hotel still felt dated.

Plenty of parking was available

By car it took maybe 20 min.

The noise level wasn't too bad.

I think it did, if not we probably convinced them to gives us free wifi. ;)

Several: Hilton, Marriott and a few others. You can free wifi with some of them.

It wasn't bad it just felt old. No gift shop. The bar closed early. I think around 9pm.

It was clean
The parking was good.

The bar and restaurant closed too early.
It felt old

Offline good_job_artoo

• Freebie Table
  • Helping make movies at Industrial Light & Magic
    • whatcraigdrew.com
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:08 AM »
The Sofia Hotel

Type of Room: 1 room, 2 double beds

Hotel Review:

The staff here were super friendly, and seemed to be genuinely interested in doing a good job. They were really helpful in directing me toward food and transportation, and even gave my wife and I cold water bottles on hot afternoons.

The walk to the convention center was about a mile, which isn't too bad. We could usually get back and forth in around 20 minutes if the Gaslap crowds were agreeable.

The room itself was fairly small, but very clean with cute, modern decor. Beds were comfortable and and there was very little noise. It was cozy!

A really nice score was the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf literally next door. While my wife got ready each morning I'd run down and get some coffee and pastries. The staff were savvy enough to open extra early each day, which was nice. It was also about a block away from Chipotle, which was nice in a pinch.

You can also walk there from the train station. It's only a couple blocks away.

Their parking lot is out back with valet parking. We took the train down, but we did overhear a few people mention that the valet staff was really nice and quick.

Wifi was a little spotty, but on the whole okay. I've had worse. If all you're doing is checking email and Twitter you'll be fine.

For the price, it's a really great downtown hotel to snag. It felt like a hidden gem in the mess of all the hotel wars.

To recap:
-Clean, cozy rooms
-Kind, helpful staff
-Close to coffee in the mornings
-20 minute walk to/from Convention Center and Train Stataion

Offline Cmatthes1

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:27 AM »
Name of Hotel: Hilton Bayfront

Type of Room: 2 Queens

Number of Nights You Stayed:  4 x 3 years (12 total)

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2009,2010,2015

Hotel Review:

There is a snack place on the first floor near the pool.  There is also a restaurant on the lobby floor.  But one of the nicer things is that they setup a breakfast burrito line in the morning that you can grab breakfast and a drink.

One of the years I stopped my reservation on Sunday and rebooked (its cheaper to book yourself on Sunday night than to let the hotel selection do it).  They were helpful in letting me stay in the same room
There is a pool, gym, and a UPS store in the hotel

I only had two people so the room was great as far as size.  I would say its an average Hilton room size

4-5 minutes
   I haven't had any noise issues before at this hotel.
      Free Wifi if you are a Hilton honors member I believe (free to sign up)
    Yes, free bottled water and wifi
        I once rode in the elevator with Joss Whedon in the Dollhouse days.  I have also seen a few celebrities around I just can't remember them.

This hotel to me has the best location because it is the closest to all the places that I want to be.  The floor, ballroom 20, and hall h are closest.  Now the end of the Hall H line and the Ballroom 20 line COULD be more towards the Marriot Marquis and Marina.  So it kind of depends when you get in line and where the end is.

They are expensive rooms
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:28:26 AM by Cmatthes1 »

Offline newwavejunkie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2016, 11:02:01 AM »
Name of Hotel: Crowne Plaza San Diego

Type of Room: 1 King-sized bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 3

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2012

Hotel Review:

There's a restaurant in the hotel. The year we stayed there, they gave us vouchers for a free breakfast buffet for every day we stayed there. Pretty decent food. We ate dinner there once but the food was nothing memorable. I honestly can't even remember what I ordered. The drink I ordered was hella strong, though.

The hotel staff was really nice. I didn't get an SDCC room key which got me a littler perturbed. All the staff was wearing random super hero t-shirts. Seemed like a weird ploy to satisfy all the con-goers. But I'm being nitpicky. No real complaints here.

Did you order room service?
We did not order room service.

Pretty comfortable room but nothing special or atypical of other hotels we've stayed at. Nothing negative, just a normal hotel room.

The shuttle schedule listed a 32-minute shuttle drive to the convention center but during high traffic periods of the day, this was more like 45 minutes. And after a long day at the Con, waiting 45 minutes to get back to your hotel can be really exhausting. The shuttle stop is not outside the hotel itself but a little ways up the sidewalk. And I do use the term "sidewalk" loosely as this quickly turns into you walking along shoulder of Hotel Circle. Kinda scary if you're heading to the Con early in the morning when it's still dark out.

Never had any issues with noise from other rooms or from outside.

Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
Can't remember. I think so.

Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
No.

Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
Nothing special to mention here. There are zero celebrities in Mission Valley and I'm sure you all know this. Overall a nice hotel. Good tropical feel to it with all the trees and plants inside. Good sized pool. Very friendly staff. Free breakfast. But a LONG shuttle ride to the Con. I wouldn't mind staying here again if I absolutely had no other choice but like most, I definitely prefer any downtown hotel. You could do a lot worse, though.

Offline MrFurious

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2016, 11:14:38 AM »

Name of Hotel: Westin Gaslamp

Type of Room: 1 King-sized bed

Hotel Review:

There's a restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is right next to Panera and the mall which has food court and Starbucks.

The hotel staff was great, got SDCC room keys. Very courteous and responsive.

Did you order room service?
We did not order room service.

Comfortable, but not a whole lot of extra space. Difficult to store ALL of my swag

The hotel was 4 blocks but shuttle took 20+ bc of traffic and other hotel stops on route. Faster to walk.

Never had any issues with noise from other rooms or from outside.

Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)
In the lobby, yes. If Starwood level is sufficient, maybe, yes.

Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
Yes, not much as I'm a basic member.

Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
Yes, saw some MTV Teen wolf stars, and also next door to Spreckels so we overlooked the Conan SDCC show. That was pretty great to watch all the celebrities leave and Conan signed autographs(didn't get one)

Offline suepafly81

• Sails Pavilion
    • Museled Blog
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
Name of Hotel: Omni

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2012

Hotel Review:

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel? You can get room service, have breakfast delivered in the morning, or enjoy one of the many restaurants that are super close.

Did you order room service? We had dinner delivered on preview night. The Ahi was amazing, and it was really fast service.

Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  There is a pool, but the closest I got to it was during a trip to the wired cafe.

Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels? The room wasn't the most spacious that we've been in, and the bathroom door left much to be desired. Privacy there can be a bit of an issue.

How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot? Its a short walk from the convention center, and great since you get tons of swag on your way to and from.

Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  Yes, but I think it may have been because of the rewards program.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? I'm not sure what level of rewards I have, but there was daily breakfast delivery included, as well as sodas.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above? Lots of celebrity sightings. With the wired cafe in the building, the celebrities are constantly there. HBO in the past has set up a themed bar in the wired cafe.

The Omni is one of my favorite places to stay while at SDCC. Its so close to everyone, the swag pick up is a plus, and the plethora of celebrity sightings in the lobby, and especially in the elevators is a huge bonus.