Author Topic: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread  (Read 83963 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Hotel Review and Feedback Thread
« on: April 02, 2016, 10:26:43 PM »
Welcome to the new and improved Hotel Review and Feedback Thread for Comic-Con!

Kindly follow this formatting when writing hotel reviews or feedback.
This is mainly to make it easier to read and help people get the major highlights from your post.

PLEASE DO NOT HOLD CONVERSATIONS IN THIS THREAD.  This is for hotel reviews and feedback only. 

Conversations in this thread may be deleted, removed, or split off into the main discussion thread without warning or notice at any time.  You have been warned.

Please go to the main hotel discussion thread if you wish to talk about your experiences at your hotel in depth, which is located here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have created a list of questions that you can answer to help you think about things you may want to include in your hotel review.  You can answer all or some of the questions provided below. 

For help on writing a hotel review and copying the questions to your post, please see the second post of this thread.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please try to follow the layout to make it easier for people to read your review and get the main points or highlights about the hotel.

Please note that your hotel review will be archived and added to our You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for SDCC so it will be indexed for easy searching and viewing.

If you're looking for a specific hotel and its reviews, check out this thread here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A big shout-out and thank you to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for helping us archive the hotel reviews and keeping them organized for us!

HOTEL REVIEW AND FEEDBACK LAYOUT

Name of Hotel:

Type of Room: (Did your room have 1 king-sized bed, 2 full-sized beds, or another type of bed?  Did you have a suite?)

Number of Nights You Stayed:

Year(s) You Stayed There: (Type in the actual year: 2012, 2013, 2014, etc.)

Hotel Review:

(Here are some questions to get you started as you think about your hotel stay during Comic-Con.  Again, you can answer all or some of these questions to help you write your hotel feedback comments.)

* Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
   If "Yes," tell us about the restaurants and type of food they had (if you remember).

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous?

* Did you order room service?
   If yes, tell us if you had a good or bad experience with room service.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?  How many people occupied the room during your stay?

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?

What did you like about staying at this hotel?
Since you might have already wrote about it from the questions above, just make a quick list about the things you liked the most about your stay at this particular hotel.

Example list:
- close location to the convention center
- had great customer service
- close to a lot of restaurants
- great view from your room
- a lot of celebrity sightings, etc.

Finally, what didn't you like about staying at this hotel?
Tell us about anything that negatively impacted your stay at this particular hotel that you may not have already mentioned above. 

Example list:
- expensive hotel rates per night
- small size of the rooms
- far distance from the convention center
- long traveling time to and from the convention center, etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:22:43 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Hotel Review and Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:32:36 AM »
To make it easier to copy the formatting in the above post, you can also follow these steps:
1. Click "Quote" at the top-right area of the first post in this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    You will see the quoted text in the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of the page.
    By doing this, you can "save" the formatting (with bold text as well as the list format) to make it easier to write your hotel feedback.

2. At the beginning of the quoted text, delete the part that says:
    [ quote author=Zero link=topic=####.msg######msg##### date=#########]

Note that the "#" signs refer to the forum's number identification system for each individual post. 
    No need to worry about it.  Just delete it from your post.

For this example, I had to add an extra space in the quote tags [ quote] and [/ quote]. 
    Otherwise, the forum software will think it's an actual quote from one of my posts.

3. At the end of the quoted text, delete the part that says:
    [/ quote]

4. Next, delete everything before the words "HOTEL REVIEW AND FEEDBACK LAYOUT."

5. Delete my "Example lists" so you can type in your own comments there.

6. Now you have a formatted reply (with the bold text and italics formatting), and you can type your answers to the questions.

7. Remember that you can answer all or some of the questions on the list. 

Just delete the questions that you don't know, don't remember, or don't have an answer for. 
    Remember to delete the [ b] and [ /b] bold tags if you remove a question, or your entire post might accidentally end up in all bold.

That's it!

Thank you for writing a hotel review for the forum!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:42:58 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:59:25 AM »

Offline gnunez49

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 11:00:46 AM »
Name of Hotel:Westin Gaslamp

Type of Room:Two Double Beds

Number of Nights You Stayed:5 nights

Hotel Review:

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin Gaslamp last year.  The staff was wonderful.  The room was quiet and really clean.  I was with a group of 4 guys (no cosplayers), and there was plenty of room.  We never had an issue with the space.

The walk to the convention center wasn't bad at all.  It's a quick walk (about 10 min) with great people watching.  There is a supermarket a block away for any quick runs of food/drinks/supplies.  They have a restaurant inside, but didn't try it.  Did have some drinks and appetizers in the lounge area, and they were good.  They have a to-go snack store inside.

Parking is valet only, and it's pricey, but not more than the others in the Gaslamp.

It was a convenient location for getting in line to get tickets for Conan, since it's right across the street. 

I enjoyed my stay, and would definitely stay there again in the future.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 08:48:01 PM »
Name of Hotel: Hotel Solamar

Type of Room: 1 King Bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5 or 6

I've stayed here from 2012-2015

Can get noisy with all the parties that go on on the rooftop. They end late at night and are loud enough to shake the room. Try to get a room high up (6th floor and above) or not facing the pool.

The staff is very nice but can get tied up with all the Syfy guests there.

There is a rooftop pool/lounge area but its usually always blocked off for private parties. They have free coffee and water in the lobby in the morning and then wine and beer in the evening.

Rooms are pretty tight. We had a king room with a rollaway bed and it was barely enough room for 3 people. The rollaway was $20/night and uncomfortable.

I only drove down one year. They have valet but its pricey. They will only let you park by the front door for a few minutes to load your bags. Otherwise they want you to keep on moving. I luckily found street parking to unload my bags then drove my car to a parking garage near the airport for the rest of the week.

3 blocks away so a short walk. It can get tricky though because you either have to walk down the main drag through a ton of people OR walk along side petco, then past the Omni and finally to the crosswalk.

Free wifi to Kimpton Karma members. Wifi speed was pretty good.

I've seen tons of Syfy celebs over the years but no one from any other shows. This is the exclusive hotel of Syfy so they have a ton of rooms blocked for their people.

Pros:
- Close to Con Center
- Broken Yolk next door
- Nice rooms/Comfy beds
- Celeb sightings
- Dog friendly!
- Bag holding room for after you check out

Cons:
- Noise level
- Small rooms
- Mini fridge is stuffed with mini bar items - use at your own risk

Offline Satam

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt

Type of Room: double room, 1 King Bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 6

We stayed here in 2015

It's a very nice and very large luxury hotel with a really friendly and attentive staff.

Rooms were quite comfortable, pretty spacious, and since we were kind of high up in the Harbor tower and facing the water we had a really nice view.  We requested a refrigerator and microwave when we checked in, and we got those very quickly after getting to the room.  I also needed a foam pillow (hate those feather things) and extra hangers, and we got those pretty quickly too.

The hotel is just a block or so away from the convention center, but it is a big block with the Marriott Marquis and Marina on it.  I think it's something like a half mile from the Hotel lobby doors to the convention center doors, but it's a pretty easy half mile and only about a five minute or so walk.

We had a nightlight acting up in the bathroom, and the maintenance people never seemed to be able to fix it, but it wasn't that big a deal, and I doubt that kind of thing happens in every room.

We were high up to try to get away from some of the street level noise, but since the Hotel was so close to the convention center and those RR tracks, we couldn't get away from the horn of a train blaring late at night on several nights.  I called the front desk the second time it happened to ask if that happened every night.  I was told "pretty much," and they sent up two pairs of ear plugs.

Overall, an excellent hotel and very positive experience.

Pros:
- Close to Convention Center
- Good sized, comfortable rooms
- Friendly and attentive staff
- Free WIFI with pretty good speed
- Nerdy stuff to do in the hotel during the con (X-Box lounge and some SDCC programming rooms)
- Two nice pools

Con:
-Close to the train tracks and we were awakened by a train horn on multiple nights

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »
Name of Hotel: San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina

Type of Room: 2 double beds

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4 nights

Hotel Review:
Dining options: We did not eat at the hotel itself, but it is within easy walking distance of lots of options as well as Ralph’s which was fine for picking up food to stash in the mini-refrigerator.

The hotel staff was polite, they smiled a lot, and were happy to help when I had some difficulty printing out a boarding pass.

We did order room service for breakfast and it was nice and hot- pancakes, eggs, and the like.  We splurged on room service that one time, as it can become expensive quickly.  Our order came on time — we ordered the night before.   

There are a lot of amenities at the hotel and they looked clean and some folk were using them, but we were too busy doing con stuff to take advantage.

The room was nicely sized and the beds were comfortable.  I liked the option of having feather or down pillows.

The Marriott Marquis and Marina is adjacent to the convention center, and although the walk to Hall H can be a long one, there were lots of fans walking and we had nice conversations, and did some costume watching.

The walls were thick enough so that we could not hear anyone in the next room nor in the floor above or below.  That is always nice.  There was some occasional hallway noise, but in most hotels, that is to be expected.

There was free wifi if you are an Honors member. We had the option of early check-in and late check- out at no charge.

As for celebrity sightings- we encountered Stan Lee, some of the cast of Heroes, and many others.  Keep your eyes open if you like to celebrity spot. 

Pros: 
-proximity to the convention center
-at times we didn’t even have to go outside.  It can get hot in San Diego, so that can be a plus! 
-the ease with which we checked in and out, and that they had a luggage area where you could safely keep your luggage after you checked out if you were not quite finished at the convention.

Cons:
There were no negatives that I can think of, and that is saying something.  I would definitely try to stay there again if the comic-con hotel folk deem it so!

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Craige

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »
Name of Hotel: Hard Rock

Type of Room: Single bed suite

Number of Nights You Stayed: 3

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2015

Hotel Review:
Nice hotel across the street from the convention center with multiple places to eat and bars. Since it's a high end hotel it always has lots of celebrity events going on. It's near pretty much everything so super convenient.

-close to convention
-it's in the center of action...great people watching
-rooms are nice, mine was spacious (but I got booked into a suite)
-good views of the main Gaslamp drag strip

-Biggest draw back is, it's expensive. I think it ended up being $385 a night. OUCH!
-Next biggest is, it's fairly loud and crowded. I slept with earplugs.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 06:58:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Name of Hotel: Hard Rock

Type of Room: Single bed suite

Number of Nights You Stayed: 3

Hotel Review:
Nice hotel across the street from the convention center with multiple places to eat and bars. Since it's a high end hotel it always has lots of celebrity events going on. It's near pretty much everything so super convenient.

-close to convention
-it's in the center of action...great people watching
-rooms are nice, mine was spacious (but I got booked into a suite)
-good views of the main Gaslamp drag strip

-Biggest draw back is, it's expensive. I think it ended up being $385 a night. OUCH!
-Next biggest is, it's fairly loud and crowded. I slept with earplugs.

Did they still have a lot stuff to buy in the rooms? when I last stayed there the last time there was not a lot of room for my stuff , for example the frig was filled with their their stuff so you could buy it. Same with the top of the dresser.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »

Name of Hotel: Residence Inn Downtown San Diego

Type of Room: Studio, 1 queen bed + sofa bed.

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5

Hotel Review:

Congratulations! If you are reading this you have happened onto one of the best but lesser known SDCC hotels, with a combination of benefits that might well be unique.

There is a free breakfast of the usual greasy bacon, powdered egg type. No room service, but you get a full kitchen. You can also fill out a grocery list and they will go and shop for you for a small fee. They also have a pantry where you can purchase snacks. There is a Jack in the box across the street and Little Italy restaurants are within walking distance.

Very helpful and polite.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?
   Basic, small gym, didn't use. Small pool and hot tub which I did use, mainly while also using the outdoor grill. ATM, laundry.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
   Oh yeah. Rooms are huge.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?
   $14 a day.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?
   Maybe 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the day and time. There is both a shuttle stop and trolley stop a short walk away, the shuttle stop is at a good spot since it is early enough in the route that we never had trouble finding a seat. The trolley is only a few stops away from the con so early in the day it will often be full already.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?
   Hotel was quieter than most. Many of the guests are there long term for work and are "Day Sleepers" so it was quite quiet.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?
   Yes.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?
   Yes, basic level, no perks.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?
   There is a big benefit here, they have a free shuttle that will take you to the airport, to a grocery store, pretty much anywhere nearby. They just have 30 minutes slots that you have to reserve in advance. The Waterfront Park is across the street, great if you have children. The Maritime musuem is also close by. On Saturdays there is a great farmers market right up the street. Also, in addition to the Little Italy restaurants and shops there is a Blick art supply shop in walking distance.

Celebrity wise, saw Mindy Sterling there in 2015. She was cool.

- Full kitchen, and they will grocery shop for you.
- Hotel shuttle, SDCC shuttle AND trolley options. Killer combination.
- Lots of things in walking distance, but far enough away from the Gaslamp to be relatively uncrowded.
- Close enough to SDCC to make going back and forth during the day feasible.
- Big, quiet rooms. Lots of desk space and drawers.
- Extremely helpful staff.
- Did I mention full kitchen? Basically, much of their business is from people that stay at the hotel for months at a time and the rooms are designed accordingly.

- Small bathrooms. Small closets.

Offline seabisquick

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »

Name of Hotel:
San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter

Type of Room: (Did your room have 1 king-sized bed, 2 full-sized beds, or another type of bed?  Did you have a suite?)
2 full-sized beds

Number of Nights You Stayed:

Year(s) You Stayed There:

Hotel Review:

My roommate's sister was a Rewards member so she was able to get us free WiFi and access to the Concierge Lounge.  They had complimentary breakfast, snacks, and water which was nice.

They all seemed polite and courteous

No

I used their small fitness center which consisted of a a few treadmills, orbiters, weight machines, and free weights.  No that impressive but ok for a maintenance type workout.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?
The rooms are well sized, clean, and quite comfortable compared to other hotels in the area (Omni, Hiltons, etc)

I believe it was over $30 but I got to San Diego early enough to park in the Ace lot across from the Omni for the duration of the con.

It's just 3 blocks from the Convention center so maybe 5-10 minutes by foot.

I didn't notice any noise from surrounding rooms

Free if you are a Marriott rewards member

No, but roommate's sister who was also staying at the hotel was.  So we got free WiFi and access to concierge lounge.

- close location to the convention center
- had great customer service
- concierge lounge

- minor issue but limited number of elevators to the rooms and occasionally a party will block off one of the bays

Offline Volsspongebob

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 12:51:59 PM »
Name of Hotel: Westin Gaslamp

Type of Room: Double Bed

Number of Nights You Stayed: 4

Were there any dining options inside or near the hotel?
   Next To Westfield Horton Plaza which had Taco Bell, Chinese (like Panda Express), Pizza, etc. Mall Food court stuff. Directly across the street was a Panera and a Chipotle. Both did really well with line management.

Staff was very accommodating to any needs. Super polite and very appreciative of Con crowd.

No. However we ate in the lobby restaurant and they had Con Specials which were affordable and pretty good.

Did not use amenities. Who has time for that!!

Rooms are very large. Had refrigerator which was great for getting the water bottles cold for next day and saving leftovers.

Did not Drive

20-25 minute walk to Convention Center. You get to walk through Gaslamp though and experience all that has to offer.

Never heard any noise. Walls were good at keeping out sounds.

Their free wifi is only available for SPG members who book through their website and since this was Travel Planners, it was not free. $12.95 per 24 hours.

Yes. Starwood/SPG member. Did not get perks other than the points to count.

This was the hotel for Nerd HQ so saw Zach Levi several times. He would also often have drinks in the lobby with his celeb friends like Joss Whedon and Yvonne Strahovski. All were very approachable. I believe Nerd HQ does this hotel often for its staff.

Hotel is also closest to the Spreckles theatre where Conan taped so you could get a sense of lines for the show. Additionally it is easy access to the back door of Spreckles where fans would wait for autographs from Conan and his guests.

-quiet hotel since its a couple blocks from the louder Gaslamp action
- 2 blocks from Ralphs (grocery store)
- Spacious rooms
- celebrity sightings
- Close to Conan

- Long walk to hotel after long day at the con

Offline Craige

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 05:09:45 PM »
Did they still have a lot stuff to buy in the rooms? when I last stayed there the last time there was not a lot of room for my stuff , for example the frig was filled with their their stuff so you could buy it. Same with the top of the dresser.

I didn't use the fridge so don't remember but I seem to remember a lot of things for sale on the shelves that were near the fridge.

Offline Craige

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 05:21:01 PM »
Name of Hotel: Hotel Solamar

Type of Room: 1 King

Number of Nights You Stayed: 5

Year(s) You Stayed There: 1998-2013

Hotel Review:

The inhouse restaurant, J Six, is great but pricey. I would often go there for breakfast and turned a lot of people on to how great it is.

The staff is always amazing.

Decent but small gym, and great upstairs roof deck with a bar, pool and tons of seating. The downside is, the deck is often closed for private events.

It's very close to the convention center so maybe a 5-10 minute walk.

I stayed there when I worked for Syfy and we had dozens of employees and cast members in the hotel, so I suspect I got extra special treatment from the front desk when asking for things like moving to a room on a quieter side of the building or whatnot

- close to the convention center but still off the beaten path so during the day it's quiet and relaxing (not at night...see below)
- great customer service
- close to the main drag of the Gaslamp
- great views of the pool and roof deck if you get a room on the pool-side of the hotel
- it's a Syfy mainstay so lots of Syfy celebs there

-the biggest downside is that every night someone hosts a big, loud party on that awesome roof deck so it's a loud hotel. Like, room-shaking loud. That usually lasts until 12-1am in the morning. Other than that, I love the hotel and have stayed there often (although for work, not privately)

Offline QTkeylala

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »

Name of Hotel: San Diego Marriott and Marquis

Type of Room: 1 King bedroom, connected to a corner room that had a dining area that had a mini kitchen and murphy bed, and connected to another 2 queen bedroom.  (we were really lucky that year 2012)

Year(s) You Stayed There: 1

Hotel Review:

We really didn't eat anywhere in the hotel, we usually ate somewhere on the marina.  But we know Roy's restaurant and its a nice asian fusion spot.

Hotel staff was amazing, but I think it was because I got myself in contact with the hotel sale manager and asked about accommodations.  They provided us with a basket full of goodies when we checked in.

No we didnt.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?  We use the pool and it was fun.  But we did get kicked out at one point because I think someone had an "accident" and they had to disinfect it.

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?  Well yeah we totally were. But remember we basically got a 2 bedroom suite area.

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?  That year, parking was about $25/day with in/out privileges. 

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?  We were next to the CON, so minutes.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)?  Noise level was minimal. 

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)  They did not have free wifi that year.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get?  I was gold I think, didn't get any perks, just only checked in on rewards side.

none

I honestly love this hotel because it was easy to get in and out.  But I would only stay there again if I can have the same accommodations.

Wish they had free wifi. 

Offline QTkeylala

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »

Name of Hotel:  Embassy Suites San Diego

Type of Room: 1 king bed corner suite

Year(s) You Stayed There: 2

Hotel Review:

There are plenty of dining options.  Across the street is boardwalk area and seaport village.  The hotel itself offers breakfast daily and afternoon drinks/snacks.  The hotel also has a restaurant you can order from and a baskin robbins. 

* How was the hotel staff?  Were they polite and courteous? Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, but that was because I was in contact with the staff prior to my visit.

Yes, order room service and it was always good for the kids and easy.

* Tell us about the hotel amenities, like the gym or pool.  Did you use any of them?  Loved the indoor pool and gym. 

* Were you and your roommates able to sleep and move around in the room comfortably?  Do you think the room is smaller or larger than the same type of room in other, comparable hotels?  Since all the rooms are REAL suites, that means, there is an actual sitting area separating the bedroom by a door, there was plenty of room. 

* If you drove and parked your car at the hotel, how much was the parking rate per day for overnight stays?  EEEE. first year it was $23/day, then last year it was $45/day...ridiculous jump.

* How long did it take you to travel to and from your hotel by shuttle, trolley, or on foot?  about 15 minutes by foot.  Not worth taking shuttle since we had a stroller and to cumbersome to lug in and out.  We just walked.  And when we did, it was awesome to just see different parts of downtown before hitting the convention floor.

* Are the walls of the room thin?  What are the noise levels in your room from outside sources (hallway or next door)? We didn't hear any noise besides us, but we could hear walking above us.

* Does the hotel have free WiFi for guests?  (Yes or No)  Yes there was free wifi for rewards members, but that's easy to get, and so the wifi was soooooo slow.  I ended up paying for the faster wifi since I had to actually work (telecommute) during the Con.

* Are you a member of the hotel's rewards program?  What level do you have, and what kind of perks did you get? Not sure what level but got free wifi for it.

* Is there anything else you like to mention about the hotel (i.e., celebrity sightings) or your room that isn't mentioned above?  Didn't see any celebrities at the hotel but we went to eat at a restaurant by the marina and we sat by the whole case of ABCs Once Upon a Time.  Ginnifer Goodwin is soooo beautiful in person.  Her eyes were so amazing.

Lots of things to do around the hotel.

My sister and brother in law assisted on a medical issue with another hotel customer, and no staff assisted them on calling for help immediately.  Not even a manager came to check on them, and this was in the middle of the breakfast area.  The guy was laying on the floor and no staff and it took over 30 minutes for EMS to show up.