Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65266 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #420 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just went to my ticket link for the heck of it and it seems like they did reopen fan verification. 

edit: It does not show up on the NYCC website but it does if I click on my used unique link.

Now that is quite interesting.  I tried with my unused ticket link and don't see anything about fan verification.  I also looked on their FB page and didn't see any announcement about opening fan verification.  Hmmm...
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline da1nonliiny

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:19 PM »
Now that is quite interesting.  I tried with my unused ticket link and don't see anything about fan verification.  I also looked on their FB page and didn't see any announcement about opening fan verification.  Hmmm...
I don't think fan verification opened back up.
If you click on your unused ticket link, it'll just bring you to the store where you could get your merchandise and Thursday passes.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #422 on: Today at 09:24:34 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »
I don't think fan verification opened back up.
If you click on your unused ticket link, it'll just bring you to the store where you could get your merchandise and Thursday passes.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yep...that is what I see.  RTFirefly clicked through a used ticket link and seems to be able to look at something else.  Hope someone will post a screen shot of what they see through a used link.

Offline ByronTheBulb

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
Think you guys have some misconceptions on the ticket link. From what I remembered, you're allowed to use it once per day

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »
Here is what I see:

When I  click the link I go to the fan verification page.  I have not gone much further since I am already verified and got my tickets. 

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2016, 02:35:26 PM »

When I  click the link I go to the fan verification page.  I have not gone much further since I am already verified and got my tickets.

Thank you for the screenshot. Happy you got your tickets, and hope more fans get tickets somehow, while leaving scalpers in the cold.

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
Looks like they are re-opening fan registration on Monday!!:

"Dear NYCC Fans,

We have heard your feedback about the NYCC Fan Verification system and recognize new processes are hard. In an effort to give everyone a second crack at nailing this Fan Verification system, we are going to reopen Fan Verification so that Fans who did not go through the first round of Verifications can be added to existing orders. Fan Verification will reopen on Monday, July 11 at 9:00 AM EDT.

In order to be attached to an existing order, you must fill out a Fan Verification application by Tuesday, July 12 at 12:00 (noon) PM EDT. Fans that Verify after this date and time will not have the opportunity to be added to existing orders, but will have the opportunity to purchase reclaimed and cancelled Single Day Tickets at a later date.

Valid Fan Verification profiles can then be attached to existing NYCC Ticket orders between Wednesday, July 13 at 12:00 PM (noon) EDT and Thursday, July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT. After Thursday, July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT, any Tickets that do not have a Fan Verification profile attached will be cancelled and refunded. There will be absolutely no exceptions after this deadline.

As another reminder:  Every person (over the age of 13 years old) that wants to buy a Ticket for NYCC or have a NYCC purchased for them MUST have a Fan Verification profile created, using a unique email address. Each NYCC Ticket requires a valid Fan Verification profile attached to it, otherwise it will be cancelled and refunded.

Reclaimed and cancelled Single Day Tickets will go on sale at a later date. Anyone that has gone through the Fan Verification process at any point will have the opportunity to buy these Tickets.

For full details about NYCC Fan Verification please visit NewYorkComicCon.Com/FanVerification.  "

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »
Wow... Thanks for the notice.

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
That's just great for the people who didn't buy tickets because they read the rules, realized they messed up and used it as a learning experience.  Now my friends who didn't buy tix because one of them didn't verify are screwed.  I don't get why they just didn't leave it for people who followed the rules...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if they open up fan verification again.

Highly doubt they'll open up fan verification again.

Why should they open it up again.

Called it!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:15:50 PM by sirjinx »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »
it was always going to reopen
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »
I hate when rules are changed partway through...

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »
it was always going to reopen

Where does it say it was always going to reopen? As recent as June 29th they said they have no plans to reopen.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
Just got this email.

Dear NYCC Fans,

We have heard your feedback about the NYCC Fan Verification system and recognize new processes are hard. In an effort to give everyone a second crack at nailing this Fan Verification system, we are going to reopen Fan Verification so that Fans who did not go through the first round of Verifications can be added to existing orders. Fan Verification will reopen on Monday, July 11 at 9:00 AM EDT.

In order to be attached to an existing order, you must fill out a Fan Verification application by Tuesday, July 12 at 12:00 (noon) PM EDT. Fans that Verify after this date and time will not have the opportunity to be added to existing orders, but will have the opportunity to purchase reclaimed and cancelled Single Day Tickets at a later date.

Valid Fan Verification profiles can then be attached to existing NYCC Ticket orders between Wednesday, July 13 at 12:00 PM (noon) EDT and Thursday, July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT. After Thursday, July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT, any Tickets that do not have a Fan Verification profile attached will be cancelled and refunded. There will be absolutely no exceptions after this deadline.

As another reminder:  Every person (over the age of 13 years old) that wants to buy a Ticket for NYCC or have a NYCC purchased for them MUST have a Fan Verification profile created, using a unique email address. Each NYCC Ticket requires a valid Fan Verification profile attached to it, otherwise it will be cancelled and refunded.

Reclaimed and cancelled Single Day Tickets will go on sale at a later date. Anyone that has gone through the Fan Verification process at any point will have the opportunity to buy these Tickets.

For full details about NYCC Fan Verification please visit NewYorkComicCon.Com/FanVerification. 

Thanks

Lance Fensterman

Offline ByronTheBulb

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »
Sure, punish those that paid attention the first time. Good for some of the people on this board though.