Author Topic: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**  (Read 35967 times)

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 05:53:08 PM »
Wow, I’ve have my schedule clear for that evening. Maybe grill some steaks and enjoy the return on 4/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »
I want to see Dany have a 'Snow Baby'! ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**
« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:30:51 AM »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »
No matter how many times I watch this trailer/read Reddit theories, I will never ever be emotionally prepared for season 8. Jaime is my favorite character (alongside Brienne just because <3) and I'm 99.99% sure he's going to die so when that happens, I'm already planning to wear black to work the following day (or maybe take a sick day to recover)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 03:20:48 AM »
I’m doing my best to stay spoiler free, but I did watch the trailer. I don’t know how they’re going to be able to cram everything in with so few episodes, so I’m preparing myself that there are going to be some loose ends. I just hope they’re not anything I really care about!

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 07:25:32 AM »
I took a weekend trip to Iceland. I made it to north of the wall. Would definitely recommend doing a GoT tour.  Unlike TV show tours, the sites are impressive even without the show association.

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
I'm equally excited and terrified for this final season, haha! I actually coordinated my trip home in May to coincide with the series finale, since my family and I watched all of the other seasons together. Plus, I feel like emotional support will definitely be a necessity when watching that last episode :'(

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jaime is my favorite character (alongside Brienne just because <3) and I'm 99.99% sure he's going to die so when that happens, I'm already planning to wear black to work the following day (or maybe take a sick day to recover)

Seconded! He's also a favorite of both myself and my mom, and we are prepared from him to die - but we may both need a day of recovery. Though TBH, I'm actually just so grateful that he made it to the last season! LOL
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 09:44:56 AM »
I live in Santa Fe, NM where George R R Matin lives and owns a small movie theater. On Tuesdays he has free screenings of 2 episodes from season 7 leading up the to premier showing on April, 14th. At every showing he gives out 2 tickets for the April 14th event. So far my family and I have struck out but it doesn't matter, we have so much fun. There is nothing like watching the show on the big screen, with surround sound and 150 people who all love it as much as you. We gasp, cheer and laugh together. Plus the the theater has the best popcorn and a bar. We only have a couple more showings to win tickets so wish us luck.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »
Head's up for any fellow Bay Area GoT fans:

The AT&T store in downtown SF (aka right by the Powell St. cable car turnaround) is hosting a mini-GoT exhibit again. They have the Iron Throne, costumes from the show, and a few interactive VR stations. They said that it will be there by the end of May so if you're ever in the City, please check it out (especially if you're a costume geek like me)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
Head's up for any fellow Bay Area GoT fans:

The AT&T store in downtown SF (aka right by the Powell St. cable car turnaround) is hosting a mini-GoT exhibit again. They have the Iron Throne, costumes from the show, and a few interactive VR stations. They said that it will be there by the end of May so if you're ever in the City, please check it out (especially if you're a costume geek like me)

Thanks! Will try to get up there and check it out.

I live in Santa Fe, NM where George R R Matin lives and owns a small movie theater. On Tuesdays he has free screenings of 2 episodes from season 7 leading up the to premier showing on April, 14th. At every showing he gives out 2 tickets for the April 14th event. So far my family and I have struck out but it doesn't matter, we have so much fun. There is nothing like watching the show on the big screen, with surround sound and 150 people who all love it as much as you. We gasp, cheer and laugh together. Plus the the theater has the best popcorn and a bar. We only have a couple more showings to win tickets so wish us luck.

I am going back to NM this summer for a HS reunion and I really want to escape and go see whatever the Jean Cocteau happens to be showing.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »

Collaboration between Shake Shack and GoT. GoT themed menu items for a limited time.
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:23 PM »
I'm honestly beyond meh on the show at this point, but I am LOVING all the tie-ins. :) I really love themed stuff.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »

Collaboration between Shake Shack and GoT. GoT themed menu items for a limited time.

That's the last thing my diet needs, but it can't be coincidence that the first Shake Shack recently opened up in the Bay area.

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 02:18:26 PM »

I am going back to NM this summer for a HS reunion and I really want to escape and go see whatever the Jean Cocteau happens to be showing.

You wont be disappointed. Its a great little old theater. He shows a lot of indie films which I love plus he has book readings, musical acts, magicians and art shows that are always fun to catch. Plus, he has tones of GoT merchandise. Everything from books, graphic novels, Funko pops, other toys and games that are all signed with no extra fee. Enjoy :)

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »
TODAY'S THE DAY! GAME OF THRONES IS FINALLY BACK!

What's everyone's plans for the premiere tonight? I feel like a lot of my friends are hosting viewing parties but I'm the type of person that doesn't want distractions so I'm soloing it. Maybe pick up some bread, meat, and cheese and just have a little party of one while wearing my northern cloak.

What else is everyone doing?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »
Sounds like the perfect evening!

My younger daughter is having a watch party.  She is serving meat pie, lemon cakes, shortbread cookies with stamped sigils, and more.  My older daughter and I will be sitting in front of the our tv with GoT Oreos and White Walker whiskey drinks.  And I'm already wearing my House Stark tee shirt.