Author Topic: WonderCon 2018 Exclusives  (Read 16396 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: WonderCon 2018 Exclusives
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 07:16:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wanted to share my experience with the exclusives portal.

I purchased a 3-day badge so this should have automatically opened up signing requests for signings happening on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Ever since my first time logging into the portal, the only signings I could see were Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Black Lightning, Constantine, Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, and Batman Ninja. I wasn't aware until a friend sent me a screenshot of his online portal that there were also signings for The 100 and Cloak & Dagger. I have not seen these as options in my portal.

If I use the tab on the top of the page to navigate to Freeform, I get a message saying that "You've requested all of the exclusives for Freeform for your badged day(s)." Keep in mind I've never even been able to see Cloak & Dagger as an option.

I contacted Wondercon and the responses I have received did not solve the issue. They keep saying that on their side, they see that I should have all of the signing options shown. They recommended to follow their step-by-step guide, use Chrome or Firefox, clear cache, etc. Their latest response is that IT is aware and working on the issue. I have tried everything that was recommended.

My worry is that come the signing deadline in 8 days, I will not even have the option to request for signings that I am not able to view. It also makes me concerned for the signings that I did submit a request for. Has anyone else come encountered a similar issue?

Do they allow u to check it ea day up to the last day u can give ur picks of what u wanna try for or is it not locked so u can try for anything at all anymore?

Offline seancena

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
Do they allow u to check it ea day up to the last day u can give ur picks of what u wanna try for or is it not locked so u can try for anything at all anymore?

Honestly, I have no idea. They said they will check back with me before the signing deadline. I would think at the least they should be able to manually request for signings that I can't see. Part of the problem is they are being rather strange with their responses.

I mentioned that I cannot see signings for The 100 and Cloak & Dagger to them. I just found out that I also cannot view the Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay signing. They made no mention of this as a signing that I wasn't able to view. The issue seems to be strictly for Friday signings.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:38:24 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
Honestly, I have no idea. They said they will check back with me before the signing deadline. I would think at the least they should be able to manually request for signings that I can't see. Part of the problem is they are being rather strange with their responses.

I mentioned that I cannot see signings for The 100 and Cloak & Dagger to them. I just found out that I also cannot view the Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay signing. They made no mention of this as a signing that I wasn't able to view. The issue seems to be strictly for Friday signings.

Are u trying to check this on ur cell or use a computer or laptop to fill out request and all?

Offline seancena

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »
Are u trying to check this on ur cell or use a computer or laptop to fill out request and all?

I have used different desktops and mobile devices including multiple browsers. Wondercon asked me the same question and recommended that I use a desktop and Chrome/Firefox. They also told me to clear my cache which I tried already before they told me to do that.

Freeform, Crackle, and Warner Bros Pictures tabs are all saying that I've requested all of the exclusives for my badged days and I have never seen signings for any of those listed. If I did indeed request for those signings, they should be showing up in my submitted exclusives which they are not.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2018 TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! #21: WonderCon Anaheim 2018 Exclusives Portal Closing!

Time is running out! The Exclusives Portal will close tomorrow at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

It feels like yesterday we announced—with fanfare—that the Exclusives Portal had arrived with the intention of accomplishing two goals: 1) Eradicating the early morning ticketing lines for exclusive signings, and 2) Trouncing parasitic aliens that were determined to enter our realm. With both of these goals accomplished, the portal will close on March 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) so it can focus on randomly selecting humans to participate in the exclusive signings at WonderCon Anaheim 2018. You only have a few hours left to submit your exclusive signing interest list before it’s too late!

For more information on participating in an exclusive signing or to access the Exclusives Portal, please visit the Exclusive Signings page.

Remember, you must have a WonderCon Anaheim 2018 badge to participate. If you do not have a badge, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account, click on the “Registration Info” tab, and choose “Purchase Badges” option in the WonderCon Anaheim section. Visit our Badge Sale page for pricing and purchase information.

IMPORTANT! There will not be any onsite opportunities to participate in any of the exciting exclusive signings at WonderCon Anaheim 2018. If you haven’t submitted your interest, please do so now.
Questions? We’ve got answers! Click here for our Exclusive Signing FAQ.

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2018 badges!
Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2018 hotel reservation information!
Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Posted on Mar 13, 2018

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »
I hope to get picked for the "Ready Player One" signing.  That's the only exclusive I submitted for.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 12:11:46 PM »

Super7 returns to Anaheim and WonderCon next weekend! We'll be in Booth #1120 and it wouldn't be a convention if we didn't bring new stuff and exclusives with us.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 04:58:57 PM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2018 Exclusive Signing Participants Have Been Selected!

The wait is over! If you submitted interest in participating in one of the exciting WonderCon Anaheim 2018 exclusive signings via the brand new Exclusives Portal, the selection process is complete! To find out if you’ve been selected, you must log in to the Exclusives Portal and view the “CONFIRMED” tab.  Click here for instructions on how to access the Exclusives Portal.

The deadline to submit interest was 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PDT) on March 14, 2018. In order to participate you must have registered or purchased a WonderCon Anaheim badge prior to this date.

There will be no onsite opportunities to participate in any of the exclusive signings. Adding an exclusive signing to your cart did not guarantee entry to the signing. If you were not selected to participate, you’re in good company. There were far more eligible members than signing opportunities available. And if this was not your lucky day, just remember it took Leonardo DiCaprio six tries to win an Oscar!

Whether you were selected or not, we’ve rolled up our sleeves and worked diligently to make WonderCon Anaheim 2018 the best one yet. See you there!

Posted on Mar 19, 2018

Offline marvelmorris

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
Yeah, so that was a bust as expected. 

Offline Webdude007

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 06:21:57 PM »
Yeah, so that was a bust as expected.

Same. I liked it better when I could camp out and pick out of a bag.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 07:37:52 PM »
Nope, didn't get it.

To tell the truth, I prefer this system because I don't like getting up early in the morning.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline wmattson

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 07:40:58 PM »
It really takes away from the true fans putting in some serious effort and coming away with a great  experience. Now everyone just sits there and clicks a button, of course everyone is going to submit for something. This will ruin Comic-Con for me if they do this there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »
Not a thing, not a single darn thing and I put in for quite a few!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »
I can see how this is easier so to speak and saves you hours in line probably but yeah, as stated you compete with more people and get less of a chance since you're investing less time. You could camp out or line up super early and get in on the other hand.

I wanted AOS or Constantine. I managed to get Jim Lee and Supermansion though.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »
Well I put in for a bunch of signings and got nothing. Every year at Wondercon I waited in line for a couple of hours and got one or more signing each day. I don't see how this helps me.
It only helps people not willing to wait a couple of hours in line.
If they made all lines that people wait a couple of hours or much more a lottery then it would be fair.
But this is makes no sense to me. It's only because SDCC is so f**ked up with camping and fake Ada and other stuff, that they are testing it out on Wondercon.
I just wish I could still get a refund on my badge, hotel and airfare.
See you at the bar.