Author Topic: 2013 Ride Share  (Read 17100 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
2013 Ride Share
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:33:33 AM »
If you're interested in sharing a ride post here.

Kindly follow the outlined format listed below

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Car: (Do you have a car? Are you looking for someone with a car?)
Cost: (Approximate cost of the trip in USD.)
Days of Travel: (For example: leaving Wednesday, returning Monday.)
Smoking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (How many riders are you looking for? How much luggage can you fit/do you have?)

Preferences and Description:
What type of car is it, and how many people can it fit? Don't forget to factor in luggage space!

Include a brief description about yourself:
(Example: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the car.)

Specific behavioral preferences for car mates?
(Example: I prefer someone that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)

Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?

Contact Preferences: (Either by PM, e-mail, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.)

Please edit/modify your post if your car is full, or if you made any changes to the trip.
This is so that people can see which cars have space and which cars are full.

*Disclaimer*
****I do not vet people/agencys who post here!  Please use your personal judgement as to the other person****

***Thank you Zero for putting structure to this page! ***
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:36:10 AM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Deya

• Sails Pavilion
    • teh-Nook
  • Liked: 0
Re: 2013 Ride Share
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Name: Deya

Car: I'll be renting a car.   

Cost: It cost us $200 to drive from San Francisco to San Diego last year, so that's what I'm budgeting for this year. You'd be expected to pay half of that, so $100 would be your cost, which would cover you for both ways.   

Days of Travel: I'll be leaving the afternoon of the 15th to San Diego and returning the afternoon of the 23rd. I'll be making one stop in L.A. for a few hours as well.

Spaces Left: One (1) seat w/limited trunk space.

Location: From Northern California (closest major city to us is Santa Rosa) to San Diego and back. We could pick you up in either Santa Rosa or Napa. 

Preferences and Description: I'm aiming to rent a large sedan, V6 if I can. Trunk space will be limited, but there will be room for a large duffle bag or suitcase.

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a pretty chill guy, as well are my two close friends that will be accompanying me. We're huge nerds, so being able to put up with nerdy talks about comic books and video games are a must. Besides that, we're pretty nice guys.   

Specific behavioral preferences for car mates?: Non-smokers are preferred as we don't smoke, but we can make exceptions if you keep it to rest stops. We're all pretty clean and would expect you to be as well. Please take a shower, as it's a long drive.   

Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?: I hope you like "Would you rather..." questions, because I'll be asking quite a few of them :P

Contact Preferences: You can send me a message here on the forum, or contact me on Facebook.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:21:59 PM »

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
Name: Jim Watari
Car: I have a Honda Civic 4Dr sedan
Cost: zero
Days of Travel: Leaving San Diego sometime July 23 , 2013
Smoking: No
Spaces Left: 1

Can transport one person to LAX Airport, Long Beach Airport or John Wayne Airport
all of these airports are on my way home

Dr. Who/Walking Dead/BSG/Game of Thrones/Breaking Bad/Mad Men/... fan etc

no special requirements, besides being a little flexible on travels times

My cousin is riding down to San Diego with me , but is flying out of San Diego, so it will be just me and my luggage

Contact Preferences: (Either by PM, e-mail)
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline fzero

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 03:36:26 AM »
Name: Andrew
Car: I have a car
Cost: half of gas so around 100usd there and back
Days of Travel: leaving Thursday Morning July 18 and leaving San Diego on Sunday noon July 21
Spaces Left: I can fit one person and have space for 1 decent sized backpack of clothes each and enough room to carry the grab bags back from comic con
Location: I'm in San Jose but can pick you up if its within 1hr drive like SF, going to San Diego Comic Con 2013 july 18-21

What type of car is it, and how many people can it fit? Don't forget to factor in luggage space!
Nissan 350z with 2 seats and a modest hatch trunk, can fit about a backpack per person so there is extra room to carry comiccon bags back

Hey this is my second year going to comic con, I didn't get the full experience last year since I missed most of the panels and stayed around the vendor booths, but I'm planning on camping out for the movie panels this year.

I'm pretty relaxed guy with a sense of humor, so as long as you don't ruin my car interior or something I really don't have a specific preference

I have a room booked at the Hilton Mission Valley with 2 beds, so if you want to split it would be $307 from july 18 to 21, I'm down with fitting more people to save on room cost.
If you already have a ride or full car we can still caravan from the sf bay area together down to San Diego just make it more like a road trip lol
Contact Preferences: PM or e-mail

Offline Miguel Gonzalez

• Freebie Table
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:57:09 AM »
Name: Miguel Gonzalez
Car: I have a car.
Cost: Pitch in whatever you can.
Days of Travel: I'm leaving Wednesday morning 7/17 and returning Monday afternoon 7/21
Spaces Left: Looking for 2 additional people. Space is limited that's why I can only take two people that way the extra room can be used for luggage and anything picked up at SDCC.

I have an 01 Honda Civic that seats 4 maybe 5. I have trunk space as well for luggage.

I'm a 23 year old guy from Los Angeles going to SDCC for the first time. I will be coplaying as Prince Robot IV from Saga so only one prop I'll be brining along which is the head and only the size of a small monitor or tv set. I love comics and various T.V. shows like Game of Thrones, Psych, Doctor Who, Arrow, etc. I'm friendly all around and easy to get along with.

Just someone who is friendly would be ideal.

Any additional notes/comments you would like to add? This is my first year going to SDCC so I'm definitely excited about it all. You can check out my Facebook or add me if you have any questions. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Contact Preferences: PM, Email or Facebook.

Offline dogberry

• Gaming Lounge
  • Stories are worth dying for.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
Looking for a ride to LAX!

Edit: Found a ride, thank you so much Miguel! :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:37:16 AM by dogberry »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 08:33:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cost: I'm unfamiliar with gas prices in the US, so I would appreciate if someone could let me know. I will gladly chip in for gas prices as well as extra for passenger fees.

Prices are around $4/gallon.

Offline ceciliahersh

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Name: Cecilia
Car: Have Honda Fit
Cost: About $150???? $20 each if filled all seats.
Days of Travel: I only have a single day pass on Thursday. So in will be probably leaving at midnight. and returning whenever I see everything on the same day thursday.
Smoking: NO SMOKING, DRINKING ALCOHOL, OR DRUGS
Spaces Left: I have 4 spaces left.
Location: I am leaving from Fresno, going all the way to San Diego Comic Con. If you live anywhere 99 South in the central valley, i may be able to pick you up depending on where you live.
honda fit, can accommodate 5 people

first time going to comic con???
Something in common???

Contact Preferences: email
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:57:07 AM by ceciliahersh »

Offline pyxis

• Sails Pavilion
  • wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    • personal website
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:01:42 PM »
Name: Cynthia
Car: I have a car.
Cost: It costs $70 to fill my car's gas tank, so probably around $100 for the round trip.
Days of Travel: leaving Wednesday, returning Monday.
Spaces Left: 1, or 2 if space permits.
Location: Santa Barbara. It is also fine if you're not too far off the 405.

Hyundai Sonata, fits five comfortably.

I'm a regular Con attendee. I don't cosplay (would love to someday), and I'll just have regular luggage. I'm a big scifi/fantasy fan. Sampling of fandoms: TBBT, LOTR, TWD, TVD, etc. as well as anything Neil Gaiman and JMS.

I prefer someone that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker. Also, someone who is easygoing.

Contact Preferences: PM
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:14:47 PM by alniyat »

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
I'm looking for a ride up to SD on 7/17 preferably earlier in the morning. Anybody carpooling up there? I live just off the 5 Freeway on the way to SD in Orange County. I'm not hauling too much I don't think. 2 Suitcases (one large and one med size) and a fold-able chair for those long over-night lines.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »

ALL ABOARD! Win a Free Ride to San Diego on the Whedonopolis Party Bus! (WootWoot!)

Comic-Con is fast approaching and we are all looking for the best/most stress-free way to get down to San Diego. Fandom Charities/Whedonopolis has the answer!

The Whedonopolis Comic-Con Party Bus! (WootWoot!)

Our journey begins early morning Weds, July 17th, picking up in Encino, then West LA, arriving in downtown San Diego around noon.

We return on Sunday evening leaving San Diego evening and drop off at the same locations in Encino and LA that we picked up at, arriving at approximately 10pm.

That’s right! You and a friend could enjoy riding in comfort on the maiden voyage of the Whedonopolis Comic-Con Party Bus! (WootWoot!)

Amenities on the bus include:
-     20″ TV w/ DVD player
-     drinks and snacks
-     games & prizes
-     someone else is driving (Marsia’s favorite amenity)

And it wouldn’t be Whedonopolis without some surprises, including a drawing to take place during the trip!

But wait! I said free, didn’t I? That’s right! Whedonopolis/Fandom Charities is giving away 2 round-trip tickets to one lucky winner. It could be you!

But how?

I’m glad you asked!  To enter just do three things. First, if you don’t have a Twitter, sign up (it’s easy and free). Second, follow @Whedonopolis on Twitter. Finally, tweet the message: “Enter the @Whedonopolis #SDCCPartyBusContest Click thru for info  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login” You can either copy and paste the message or RT it, as we will be tweeting it from @Whedonopolis. The contest ends on July 10th, 11:59pm PST and a random retweet will be chosen. The winner will be announced that week.

“But, Kelly, I want to ride the Whedonopolis Party Bus (WootWoot!), but I never win anything!” you say.

Don’t you worry your pretty little head.  A limited number of seats are available to our lovely, loyal fans for a mere $65 per person (lower cost than Amtrak or driving down and paying for parking). And because this is Fandom Charities, a portion of the price is tax-deductible! Just email Kelly at [email protected] with the subject line “Party Bus (WootWoot!)” and I will send you the details.

See you on the Party Bus (WootWoot!)!

Kelly, Party Bus Cruise Director
[email protected]

Offline cappenvarra

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
Name: Daryl
Car: Scion xB
Cost: Even split of gas, however far you are going
Days of Travel: Traveling to SDCC on Thursday, 7/18. Travelling home on Sunday, 7/21
Smoking: Not in the car
Spaces Left: 1 to 3
Location: Austin, TX to San Diego. Will pick up anywhere near I-10 and then I-8

2009 Scion xB. Surprisingly roomy, good storage space for luggage.

I am a 39 year old comic book sci-fi/fantasy fan and enjoy most things in that genre. I am not a cosplayer but its awesome fi you are.

No preference

I've got loads of music and/or audiobooks for the adventure!

Contact Preferences: PM or email please

Offline digby

• Sails Pavilion
Re: 2013 Ride Share - From Minneapolis / Salt Lake / Vegas
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »
Name: Digby
Car: Minivan
Cost: $100 each way (negotiable if going a significantly smaller distance, especially if there's more than one of you)  Will also consider trading transportation for lodging while I'm in San Diego. 
Days of Travel: Departing Monday, July 15th, mid to late afternoon.  Probably departing for return trip the following Monday ... some flexibility there. 
Smoking: No. 
Spaces Left: Up to 3 or 4 riders
Location: Leaving from Minneapolis / St. Paul  - probably heading through South Dakota, down through Wyoming via Casper and Rawlins to Salt Lake City, then to Vegas, then down on 15 to 215.  Willing to pick up passengers in these destinations or along the way if it works out.  Will consider an alternate route to pick up if it doesn't add too much time... e.g. northwest Iowa, Nebraska. 

Vehicle:
Plymouth Grand Voyager ... can comfortably hold 4 to 6  ... 3 to 4 is probably ideal when you factor in luggage.  Could probably have two to three pieces of fair-sized luggage per person.   

48 year old male, straight, reasonably easygoing, kind of introverted. 

I'm actually not going to Comic-con(hence the late posting), although I was  there last year .  Some friends and I accidentally scheduled a reunion comic-con weekend ... great idea if we could actually get tickets.  I was a hard-core comics reader in the early 70's, and I still occasionally collect. 

No smoking, sober the whole way.  I'm looking to get there by sometime Wednesday evening, so will be doing some long days driving.  This means I'd like help with the driving.  If I get the right crew, I'm fine with driving straight through.  If I don't get the right crew, I'm not going to push it if I think there's a safety issue. 

If it was just me, I'd sleep in the van.  Which means I'm not planning to pay for lodging, personally.  There's probably only room for one person to sleep comfortably in the van... maybe two.  There will probably be two nights stop on the way there, if we don't take it straight through.  I'm fine with stopping along the way and sleeping in the van while you sleep in a hotel, or campground, o

Contact Preferences: (Either by PM, e-mail, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.)e-mail me [email protected]

Offline Maki

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
Name: Maaike
Car: looking for someone with a car
Cost: -
Days of Travel: Leaving Firday morning, returning Friday evening
Smoking: NO
Spaces Left: just me

1st time visitor. Love to chat about Comic Con, I'm an out of town student.

Don't really care, as long as I get there! :)

I'm willing to share the costs of the trip!

Contact Preferences: email please ([email protected])

Offline briaphillips

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
Bria
Need a ride from Westwood, La to Comic Con Wednesday
Cheap prices.