Author Topic: D23 Member Mixer celebrating 80 years of Marvel Comics  (Read 4185 times)

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Re: D23 Member Mixer celebrating 80 years of Marvel Comics
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »
I'm fine with the low price point.  HOpefully it will make getting tickets a little easier.  My daughter really wants to go.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
Tickets are live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:47:28 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 10:09:56 AM »
Family of 4 got our tickets!  Was sweating the delay...but worked out.

Offline Roybq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »
It's now sold out.

With the new price point, at least they lasted long enough to pick them up this time.

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
I'm glad my wife and I managed to get tickets for this. Even if this is the only party we go it, it will be worth it.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »
So as the first time attending a D23 mixer...any recommendations?
Sounds like no need to line up in advance, but thought I would see if anyone else here could comment.

Offline WhySoXiruious

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So as the first time attending a D23 mixer...any recommendations?
Sounds like no need to line up in advance, but thought I would see if anyone else here could comment.

I've been to one before when it was Star Wars themed.  It was at a different venue at the time.  No need to line up, however it does get pretty full.  They give you a wrist band when you enter and they cut it off when you leave.  We got a little goodie bag when we left of some action figures and a poster.  They are consistently bringing food out but in the beginning it did go fast.  They had set up tables but seating space was a little limited.  They bring out different characters through the event too.  This years event sounds a little different however.  Seems like they have activities, which I dont believe they had before.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:13:22 PM by WhySoXiruious »

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 04:38:06 PM »
Anyone end up going to this? We bailed after seeing how far away it was.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline WhySoXiruious

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
I went to this.  It was nice.  It was far and if you walked it potentially took you through some places that looked a little sketchy.  But the venue was nice.  If you had been to previous years, it was much bigger.  Plenty of room and seats for everyone.  The venue has a bunch of activities from a few bowling lanes, table tennis, corn hole...they also had a little hidden Mickey challenge for a chance to enter a raffle for a $50 gift card.  It kept many people busy and wandering the area looking for hidden Mickey's, which was a nice activity in case all the other activities were taken up.  The food was good and similar to previous years, they had things like sliders, mac and cheese, quesadillas and then some cake/cupcakes for dessert. They did an excellent job keeping the food supply stocked and since the venue was so big, had more than one location to get food.  The swag was a little lacking from previous years.  They just gave a Mickey d23 beach towel and a marvel patch.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I went to this.  It was nice.  It was far and if you walked it potentially took you through some places that looked a little sketchy.  But the venue was nice.  If you had been to previous years, it was much bigger.  Plenty of room and seats for everyone.  The venue has a bunch of activities from a few bowling lanes, table tennis, corn hole...they also had a little hidden Mickey challenge for a chance to enter a raffle for a $50 gift card.  It kept many people busy and wandering the area looking for hidden Mickey's, which was a nice activity in case all the other activities were taken up.  The food was good and similar to previous years, they had things like sliders, mac and cheese, quesadillas and then some cake/cupcakes for dessert. They did an excellent job keeping the food supply stocked and since the venue was so big, had more than one location to get food.  The swag was a little lacking from previous years.  They just gave a Mickey d23 beach towel and a marvel patch.

Thanks for the details. We should have gone! Opted to try our hand at Hall H and then B99 and got into neither! Literally next up to go into both. Spent an entire day waiting in lines for nothing.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
We did the party and loved it.  Plenty of food.  Plenty of seating.  My daughter loved the bowling and karaoke and we got some towels to take to the beach yesterday!