Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44249 times)

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2019, 08:20:48 AM »
This would certainly make sense, as the charge is for shipping and handling of the member badge, and they should only ship one badge per member.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yeah, exactly, last year didnt got PN and decided to go the coin-op event and I had so much fun, no lines, no running, no exclusives stress, much better way to start the con for me, so much that I'm not trying for PN this year just hoping the event repeats :)
Last Year I didn't have PN either because it sold out, but I wasn't bummed because I had 4 days, which I was very happy about.

Then, I discovered they were running Captain Marvel (my 3rd time seeing it) and Shazam (My 1st time) at the MMM where I was staying.  That was fun for me.  It wasn't crowded and I could sit and drink coffee and eat a sandwich while watching. 

I have 4 days for next year.  I didn't get PN on purpose so I can help out with my buying group.  If our group does great and I get picked and everybody that's looking for PN gets it, I might add it to my badge, but I'm not going to sweat it if I don't.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 06:52:10 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »
Sounds like PN has lost some of its luster.  Maybe trying for PN for one of the group for buying purposes and recon...  8)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2019, 10:59:28 AM »
[member=6989]kihou[/member] - Thank you! :)
My mistake, it looks like last year the $7.50 was for people who hadn't gotten badges during returning reg (I was mistaken with my order).  So as others have said, it looks like they only charge you the one $7.50 fee.  Sorry for the confusion!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2019, 11:47:11 AM »
[member=6989]kihou[/member]  [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]  [member=317]Zero[/member]  The reply I just got from CCI about an additional handling fee is below. Looks like we will be charged another fee this year. Now I am really confused. Maybe someone else can email CCI to see if their response is the same? ???

NOV 05, 2019  |  07:37PM UTC
Krystal replied:
Thank you for your email. If you participate in Open Registration after participating in Returning Registration you will need to pay the handling fee again.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:58:54 AM by marcia29 »

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »
So regretting I didn’t join a buying group

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2019, 01:57:12 PM »
[member=317]Zero[/member] [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member] - Thanks for the clarification!  I sent an email to CCI to see if they might note that on their badge info page, too.
Actually, they already have it under the badge pricing chart on the "Badge Info" page of their website (as I linked above), but I suppose that would be considered "the fine print."  *laughs* XD

Doesn't hurt to ask them to make it noticeable though...  Probably a good idea, seeing how others might have the same question but couldn't specifically locate the text for reference. ^__^;  (Even I almost missed it!  Ha ha.)

[member=6989]kihou[/member]  [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]  [member=317]Zero[/member]  The reply I just got from CCI about an additional handling fee is below. Looks like we will be charged another fee this year. Now I am really confused. Maybe someone else can email CCI to see if their response is the same? ???

NOV 05, 2019  |  07:37PM UTC
Krystal replied:
Thank you for your email. If you participate in Open Registration after participating in Returning Registration you will need to pay the handling fee again.

That can't be right... the website says "per member." 

Unless that is indeed a new policy they haven't announced yet, or... that person is mistaken and replied incorrectly.  Hm.  Let me try asking and seeing what I get as a response (while referencing the fine print under the badge pricing chart).  Will report back as soon as I hear from them.

EDIT:
I also checked the fine print under the badge pricing chart just now, and it was updated from this (which was the text last night, as of my previous post):
All purchases are subject to a $7.50 handling fee per member.

to this (which is the text as of this post):

All purchases are subject to a one-time handling fee of $7.50 per member. This is a one-time fee. For example, if you purchased a badge during Returning Registration, you will not be charged a handling fee if you purchase a badge during Open Registration.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:13:11 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Dune930

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »
So regretting I didn’t join a buying group

It's not mandatory, I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm not part of a group and got in on my own last year (first timer), and again this year.

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2019, 02:54:31 PM »
I hope so.  Our luck hasn’t  been great lately but still trying to stay positive

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »
It's not mandatory, I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm not part of a group and got in on my own last year (first timer), and again this year.

I know someone who got in like that last year and this year. There can't be two in a million, so I wonder if you're he.  ::)

Offline Dune930

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2019, 03:27:42 PM »
I know someone who got in like that last year and this year. There can't be two in a million, so I wonder if you're he.  ::)

Nope, I'm not that person, btw, I'm female.  :-*

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »
Actually, they already have it under the badge pricing chart on the "Badge Info" page of their website (as I linked above), but I suppose that would be considered "the fine print."  *laughs* XD

Doesn't hurt to ask them to make it noticeable though...  Probably a good idea, seeing how others might have the same question but couldn't specifically locate the text for reference. ^__^;  (Even I almost missed it!  Ha ha.)

That can't be right... the website says "per member." 

Unless that is indeed a new policy they haven't announced yet, or... that person is mistaken and replied incorrectly.  Hm.  Let me try asking and seeing what I get as a response (while referencing the fine print under the badge pricing chart).  Will report back as soon as I hear from them.

EDIT:
I also checked the fine print under the badge pricing chart just now, and it was updated from this (which was the text last night, as of my previous post):

All purchases are subject to a $7.50 handling fee per member.

to this (which is the text as of this post):

All purchases are subject to a one-time handling fee of $7.50 per member. This is a one-time fee. For example, if you purchased a badge during Returning Registration, you will not be charged a handling fee if you purchase a badge during Open Registration.

Just reread the badge page and The Badge Purchase - Step 4 example (under Removing Badges), has the text, even better!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
[member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member] - That seals it for me. Thanks for such detail! :)

(Soooooo....The CCI person who replied to me earlier today was incorrect.  It happens, and sure can confuse things.  :-X )
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:31:30 PM by marcia29 »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »
[member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member] - That seals it for me. Thanks for such detail! :)

(Soooooo....The CCI person who replied to me earlier today was incorrect.  It happens, and sure can confuse things.  :-X )

I e-mailed CCI Attendee Registration right after I made my previous post, and Krystal (who also replied to you) responded with this:

NOV 05, 2019  |  10:43PM UTC
Krystal replied:
Thank you for your email. After further investigation the policy has changed so all purchases are subject to a one-time handling fee of $7.50 per member. This is a one-time fee. For example, if you purchased a badge during Returning Registration, you will not be charged a handling fee if you purchase a badge during Open Registration.

Indeed, this person was incorrect, and it is, for certain, a one-time fee of $7.50 per member.  If you already paid the fee during the last badge sale, you won't need to do so again.  (Bolded text is my doing for emphasis.)

And, there we have it, folks.  It's settled for good now.  XD Ha ha.  (Remember to check your badge purchases during and after open registration to make sure everything is correct, everyone!)

Good job, team! ([member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member] and [member=352]marcia29[/member])

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:20:31 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2019, 07:26:08 AM »
A bit off topic, but I am a semi-regular on the ComicCon subreddit, and every year around this time is the same, with the same questions of “can I still create an account?” especially from people who know you need an account to participate in the lottery. If you can’t even deal with the 2-3 min needed to register, then SDCC isn’t for you!

Okay, end rant, back to your regularly scheduled freak out about Open Reg!