Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44240 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2019, 08:39:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A bit off topic, but I am a semi-regular on the ComicCon subreddit, and every year around this time is the same, with the same questions of “can I still create an account?” especially from people who know you need an account to participate in the lottery. If you can’t even deal with the 2-3 min needed to register, then SDCC isn’t for you!

Okay, end rant, back to your regularly scheduled freak out about Open Reg!

I saw that post too and LOL'd. Just like I laughed at my coworker who told me his daughter never got around to making a Member ID.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »
Assembling and accomplishing all of the tasks it takes to get a group to SDCC for me, is like a part time job. I keep a notebook and a physical file as well as online screenshots, numerous electronic data files, etc. Troll, er, I mean contribute to online groups  :) . I think it is fun, and exhausting at times.  Then comes the reward of the event itself, at which I make time to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I adore the FoCC, the admins, the mods, the group leaders, the hotel angels...all of it. It gets my fannish heart a pumpin’.  :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:56:08 AM by marcia29 »
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 04:01:05 AM »

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2019, 09:05:18 AM »
According to the Toucan blog "All purchases are subject to a one-time handling fee of $7.50 per member. This is a one-time fee. For example, if you purchased a badge during Returning Registration, you will not be charged a handling fee if you purchase a badge during Open Registration."
Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2019, 09:08:00 AM »
So, after 11 years of attending, my kids told us they didn't want to go to SDCC this year. I think my husband & I have more fun then they do now! Anyway, we convinced them to go for just 2 days. At RR we bought Fri & Sat badges(even though we got in on 2 computers & could have bought all days for all 5 of us! :(). Anyway, so now we have 5 registration codes that we are not using for Open Reg. Am I able to give these codes to another forum member to use? I would like to help a long time member who wasn't lucky during RR... [member=2639]Dubb[/member]? Or anyone else?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »
So, after 11 years of attending, my kids told us they didn't want to go to SDCC this year. I think my husband & I have more fun then they do now! Anyway, we convinced them to go for just 2 days. At RR we bought Fri & Sat badges(even though we got in on 2 computers & could have bought all days for all 5 of us! :(). Anyway, so now we have 5 registration codes that we are not using for Open Reg. Am I able to give these codes to another forum member to use? I would like to help a long time member who wasn't lucky during RR... [member=2639]Dubb[/member]? Or anyone else?
Yes, anyone else would be able to run the codes if you are not going to use them.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 09:39:11 AM »

That would be amazing! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I’m still bothered by the whole situation. If you don’t mind, you can PM me the codes when you get them.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »
Do you want all 5?

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2019, 09:45:00 AM »
Yeah, I can handle them. If for some reason my partner and I can’t use them all, I will forward them on to someone here.

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »
If anyone else has registration codes they want to give away, I'll happily take them!
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
A bit off topic, but I am a semi-regular on the ComicCon subreddit, and every year around this time is the same, with the same questions of “can I still create an account?” especially from people who know you need an account to participate in the lottery. If you can’t even deal with the 2-3 min needed to register, then SDCC isn’t for you!

IMHO this is another big advantage to having both returning and open registration before the end of the year. It weeds out people who aren't even thinking about SDCC until spring. This means that those who attend, even the new people, are serious enough about it to make a Member ID and be ready for the sale in the fall.

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
I’ll take any extra codes also

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
Extra codes? <raises hand> Please, I'd like some, too.

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2019, 04:12:59 PM »
to this (which is the text as of this post):

Just reread the badge page and The Badge Purchase - Step 4 example (under Removing Badges), has the text, even better!

Hold it. HOLD IT! HOOOOLD IT!!! Robb Stark is somehow alive after the Red Wedding?.. and has badges for SDCC? :P

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »
Hold it. HOLD IT! HOOOOLD IT!!! Robb Stark is somehow alive after the Red Wedding?.. and has badges for SDCC? :P

I’m more intrigued about Clancy Wiggum. Wouldn’t police officers be able to get in for free?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »

In case there are lurkers out there watching this thread and also as a casual reminder for those Comic-Con badge hopefuls (especially if this is your first time trying for open registration):

Only Comic-Con Member ID accounts that were created and confirmed prior to November 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) are eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration.

(Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

-------

See what I did there?  What a perfect way to make a public service announcement in this thread!  XD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...