Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44212 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2019, 11:28:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Was this your only shot? Did you get shut out on returning registration too? Sorry.

Yes shut out at pre- reg too. Two years ago I was shut out for the first time in over 30 years but a miracle and a good friend saved me. I don't think it's going to happen this year. Don't ever take going to the Con for granted.

Please tell me you are a volunteer.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
were they selling for crazy amounts of monies?

At first they were since no one knew how long it would last, but then it settled down. Near the end it took another uptick but no where near as high as they did initially. In the lull in the middle, they were about the same cost as buying badges during registration if not a little cheaper.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 02:13:06 PM »

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
All hail to BenEatsRice buying group!  They did an amazing job today! And thank you to Ben for all his hard work to make this group happen!!!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2019, 12:42:49 PM »
All hail to BenEatsRice buying group!  They did an amazing job today! And thank you to Ben for all his hard work to make this group happen!!!

Totally agree!  Stellar, simply stellar! ;)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »
Thank you to everyone in the FoCC buying groups, and especially the BG leaders. Everyone worked very hard and that hard work paid off. you should all be proud of your efforts!

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »
Same here.  Always went downstairs to buy my budges at the best discounted price for the next year before I left the con on Sunday.  I was happened to be staying at the Manchester the year they switched the system.  After Preview Night, I thought I'd check out to see if anyone was crazy enough to be in line and low & behold there were about 50 people already in line, camping out.  The staff at the Manchester kindly provided me with pillows & blankets and I joined the camp out. In the morning I got through the line quickly enough that I was able to get to the con before they opened the doors.  Ahhh, the good ole' days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
Yes, it was great when you could buy on site.  I would walk up on Saturday or Sunday and would be prepared for next year.  The first year they did the special presale was kind of a mess. 

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »
Thank you to everyone in the FoCC buying groups, and especially the BG leaders. Everyone worked very hard and that hard work paid off. you should all be proud of your efforts!
Yeah I was a little taken aback by how awesome the Buying Groups did this year, and especially today.  By my calculations everyone in our group of 60+ who participated (there were one or two who never logged in to the spread sheet) got every badge they wanted with the exception of, like, 6 people who didn't get PN.  It got to a point down the stretch where people would get in w/no one to buy for because everyone in all the FOCC groups seemed set!  Unbelievable effort this year, and the BG leaders did a great job staying on top of everything, and trouble-shooting for us knuckleheads who threw wrenches into the gears at the last minute  :P
I once again had four machines running, some w/multiple browsers/codes running, and none hit.  I'm a Pro this year & everyone else in my family hit gold in the Returning Reg, but I hate when I can't help.  But this Open Reg. I don't feel so bad given how awesome it went for everyone else!

Congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted today: see you in my town in July!  For those who didn't have luck on their side today, keep watching for CCI to auction off badges for charity, or for the CCI Museum: there's still hope!

See you all in the Hotel and Parking lotto fun

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2019, 02:46:53 PM »
I wonder- it seems that so many were able to add PN today.   I wonder if CCI increased the capacity for PN for some reason.  Maybe some new programming in addition to the usual Ballroom 20 stuff? ::)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »
Doubt it. I think people just chose not to do PN. Not worth the price for many.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2019, 03:46:15 PM »

Props to [member=5606]tsnyder[/member] for running our group. It was so successful I think most everybody got what they wanted and everybody got something. Our group was able to help out individuals from other focc groups. I was only sorry I couldn't help even though I was running 4 codes.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Glad to hear that majority of us got what we needed either through our own buying grps or doing it solo. Next obstacle hotel apocalypse!

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »
I was part of Louie's group but the cross-buying group organization did wonders as a few people from TransmuteJun's group were able to purchase badges for my friends!

I'm always astounded by the organization and leadership of the buying groups. Now we can rest again until next year!

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2019, 05:38:32 PM »
Glad to hear that majority of us got what we needed either through our own buying grps or doing it solo. Next obstacle hotel apocalypse!

That is my least favorite part of the SDCC process. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »

jeeezzzz comeon, let us enjoy the badges --- you had to say the 'H' word.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5