Author Topic: The Handmaid's Tale (Spoilers)  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
The Handmaid's Tale (Spoilers)
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
With the Season 3 finale airing last night, what did everyone think? You can see my views here.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:37:08 AM by Transmute Jun »

Online TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: The Handmaid's Tale
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
Nice recap! 

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Fred and Serena in season 4.  What happened with Serena at the end of the episode was surprising, and Fred looked pretty disheveled.  It would be interesting to see how the rest of the world is reacting to Gilead.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: The Handmaid's Tale (Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:29:39 PM »

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:26:43 AM »
With the Season 3 finale airing last night, what did everyone think? You can see my views here.

Really like the finale and liked the writeup.  I pretty much agree with all the points made.  Other thoughts below.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »
The finale definitely started to address the issue of rebel versus terrorist. I can see the show moving more in that direction next season. When do you cross the line, and what is acceptable 'collateral damage' in the name of 'doing good'? June seems to have crossed that line, given her tenuous mental state, but the question remains as to whether anyone else can pull her back. So far, the answer to that seems to be 'no'.

We definitely got a glimpse of 'stricter rules' this season, and I am betting that will come into play. While there is still a 'United States' in the show, Gilead was able to take over most of the armories and bases, and therefore has significant military power. OTOH, they are occupied still fighting what is left of the US. It is unknown how much military force they can use, but I agree that they will go to war over this. They almost went to war over Baby Nicole, but another 50-60 children, in a world where children are a rare and precious resource? That's going to push them over the edge for sure.