Author Topic: Booted from Town and Country  (Read 4133 times)

Offline tragedys

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
Booted from Town and Country
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:17:29 PM »
I got an e-mail today from On Peak:

"Due to a renovation project delay with the Town and Country Hotel, it’s not possible to accommodate your reservation. We have found alternate accommodations for you at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport | Liberty Station, which is 4 miles from the San Diego Convention Center. 

The Town & Country San Diego will cover the rate difference between the rate you purchased and the rate confirmed by Hampton Inn & Suites.   

Comic-Con has added the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport | Liberty Station to the “teal” shuttle route, so transportation to and from the convention center is still available to you.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.  We do thank you for your understanding and hope you have a successful event."

I'm completely ticked off as this hotel is in the middle of nothing. Top it off with the fact that I was in the hotel lottery within 2 minutes and had to live with a mission valley hotel.  now it's too late in the game to even have a second chance hope of getting something better.    Hopefully others are not as screwed over as I am.

/rant  >:(

anyone stayed in this hotel before and can convince me its worth me not throwing the biggest hissy fit? :P

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Booted from Town and Country
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »
omg that's awful.  I'm so sorry!  You 100% have a right to be salty about this.  Doesn't sound like there's much to do, but vent away, my friend.  That's total crap.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:01:00 AM »

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »
I got an e-mail today from On Peak:

"Due to a renovation project delay with the Town and Country Hotel, it’s not possible to accommodate your reservation. We have found alternate accommodations for you at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport | Liberty Station, which is 4 miles from the San Diego Convention Center. 

The Town & Country San Diego will cover the rate difference between the rate you purchased and the rate confirmed by Hampton Inn & Suites.   

Comic-Con has added the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport | Liberty Station to the “teal” shuttle route, so transportation to and from the convention center is still available to you.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.  We do thank you for your understanding and hope you have a successful event."

I'm completely ticked off as this hotel is in the middle of nothing. Top it off with the fact that I was in the hotel lottery within 2 minutes and had to live with a mission valley hotel.  now it's too late in the game to even have a second chance hope of getting something better.    Hopefully others are not as screwed over as I am.

/rant  >:(

anyone stayed in this hotel before and can convince me its worth me not throwing the biggest hissy fit?
Holy poop that is horrible. I'm so sorry. :( :(

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »
Wow! I wonder how many people this is going to affect?

You could probably make an argument for a full refund if you're able to find something better on your own...maybe a Mission Valley hotel outside of Onpeak?

Offline gunkata

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
This sucks for people who picked T&C for being pet-friendly.  Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport is not pet-friendly.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
Wow that sucks!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 02:42:11 PM »
Wow. That's eff'd up!

Is this affecting everyone at T&C, or just a handful? Is the entire hotel going through renovations, or just parts of it?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »
Oh, wow. That's unacceptable! I would push HARD for something else. That hotel is basically a part of the freaking airport.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
I hope you are able to talk to On Peak to find a better solution.

Offline gunkata

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »
Hopefully others are not as screwed over as I am.

I know someone who got screwed over.  Sounds like this is affecting one of the building of T&C.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 03:14:27 PM »
To Yelp! To Google Reviews!  No offense to T&C but this is bad. 

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
On the bright side, that hotel they are moving people into is brand spankin new. And the location of the T&C wasn't all that but for the proximity of the mall and the trolley. You will have lots of nearby dining options at Liberty Station, which is also home to IDW. And you are just right down Harbor Drive, not all the way in MV.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
i stayed at T&C for sdComicFest and mel is right it is old and kinda stunk. Liberty station is really neat with lots of beer and food choices.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that. It sucks being bumped from your preferred hotel and there's absolutely no reason why they should have let you reserve it if they weren't going to honor it.

But there may be a silver lining...this Hampton Inn is brand new and looks pretty awesome. It's currently 4.5 stars on Tripadvisor (it's only listed #151 out of 292 since they base the rating on both reviewer rating AND number of reviews -- but once it gets more reviews it will undoubtedly be much higher.) It's so new that the first few pictures look like computer generated ones. Tbh, I'd pick this over the T&C any day of the week.

Also -- I just did a search on the hotel's website for SDCC dates and there are plenty available all days for ~225/night! For those that don't have a hotel yet, it may not be a bad idea to spring for this.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
Wow! I wonder how many people this is going to affect?

You could probably make an argument for a full refund if you're able to find something better on your own...maybe a Mission Valley hotel outside of Onpeak?

Seems like a lot. They’ve torn a bunch of it down which they should have known about before booking people L idk You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login