Author Topic: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 26386 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Roommates wanted for SDCC! (Room will be shared with 1 other person).

Where and When: Wyndham Harbour Lights
 911 Fifth Avenue, San Diego CA 92101
(located 6 blocks from the Convention Center)
Available from Monday, July 6 2015 (Check In is 4:00pm) - Friday, July 10 2015 (Check Out  is 10:00am)

Price: $75.00/night, max of 3 people, age 20+.  Room is non-smoking and Includes 1 king bed, pull out sofa bed, kitchen, tv, free WiFi. Additional roll away can be requested.

Payment: If interested, full payment is due by July 3rd via PayPal. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Bkiddo1212

Please follow the formatting in the first post to help others more easily identify your request. (Plus, it helps the moderating team in keeping the thread organized and easy to read.)

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:58:38 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline yogikai

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »
I Have a double pull out bed space at LA Quinta mission valley for Weds Check in and Sunday check out. Looking for one or 2 people over 21, non-smoking, clean & respectful  of others space the cost is 450.00 email me at [email protected]  or leave me a message

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 08:45:01 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
I Have a double pull out bed space at LA Quinta mission valley for Weds Check in and Sunday check out. Looking for one or 2 people over 21, non-smoking, clean & respectful  of others space the cost is 450.00 email me at [email protected]  or leave me a message

Please follow the formatting in the first post to help others more easily identify your request. (Plus, it helps the moderating team in keeping the thread organized and easy to read.)

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

Thank you!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hijac

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Looking for One More Room Mate
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM MATE

Name: Colin
Hotel: Days Inn & Suites - Sea World: 3350 Rosecrans Street, San Diego Old Town District. Hotel provides a free drop off / pick up shuttle service to and from the trolley
Days: Wednesday 8th ,Room booked until Wednesday 15th as I'm staying in San Diego for a couple of days after the con so if you want to stay an extra night or two that fine
Spaces:  There are 3 of us currently in the room, Looking to Share with 1 other to help cut costs,Floor Space, however room is a descent size
Price: $40 Per Night Per Person Breakfast is included each morning.
Smoking/Drinking: Non smoking room, Drinks are ok.
Room Description: King Room Suit with 2 separate living areas and free Wi-Fi, plenty of room for luggage, I will be occupying bed while there sofa bed is spoken for, in the lounge area big enough with plenty of floor space.
Hotel Description: Days In SeaWorld is situated in San Diego Old Town district, I stayed here last year for SDCC, the hotel provides a free shuttle service the Old Town Rail Trolley and it is a 15 minute ride, stopping right out the front of the convention centre.
Age Preference of Roommates: 18 and over.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Male or Female.
Brief description about me: I am from Melbourne Australia, This is my 3rd year at SDCC. while my friends are from L.A
Preferences for roommates: Someone neat and tidy anyone easy going, Cosplayers welcome.

If you are interested Message me,
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:51:40 PM by hijac »

Offline yogikai

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Looking For Roommates 
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: LA Quinta Mission Valley
Days: (Include which days.) Weds 7/8 check in Sunday Checkout
PRICE : 450.00
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking , social drinking ok
Spaces: 1 pull out couch double bed

Preferences and Description: someone respectful of others space
Age Preference of Roommates: 21 & over
Gender  none
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm sharing a bed with another female roommate so I'm looking for a single person or a couple for the pullout
Additional preferences for roommates:  prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

Offline NYC_Geek

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »
Looking for Roommates

Name: NYC_Geek
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Horton Grand Hotel/Downtown
Days: Wed-Sun (7/8-7/12
Price Per Night: $80.00
Smoking/Drinking: No.
Spaces: 3 people can fit in the room in total (this includes myself) - Floor spot only.
Age Preference of Roommates: Open
Gender Preference of Roommates: Open
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm here to cover the convention as press.
Additional preferences for roommates: Just be respectful.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:21:00 AM by NYC_Geek »

Offline seerakosumosu

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES: ZERO SPOTS LEFT

Name: seerakosumosu
Hotel: Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday 7/8 - Sunday 7/12
Price: $325 for floor space
Smoking/Drinking: Light drinking outside of the room is accepted
Spaces: 0 spots
Room type: 2 double beds
Age Preference: 18+ preferred
Gender Preference: Females preferred, but courteous males may be accepted

Include a brief description about yourself: This is the 9th SDCC in a row that my sister and I are attending. We are both in our 20s. I do exhibit hall and signings while she does Hall H. I have run rooms at other conventions before for several years, including running multiple rooms for a group of 30+ people every year at Anime Expo. We also have a very friendly male friend with us and we're all UCSD graduates.

Additional preferences for roommates: We prefer people who are courteous, organized, clean, and considerate. We do not want partiers or bringing guests back to the room! We tend to get a lot of swag so we would prefer people who don't cosplay or at least won't bring a lot of stuff with them, and make sure to keep their possessions in their side of the room. We only get a couple of hours of sleep a night and head out early in the mornings, so please be considerate of us and quiet hours.

Rules:
    • No damages, theft, or additional charges to the room without permission
    • Shower daily
    • NO smoking but minimal drinking is fine - no parties allowed in the room
    • Avoid inviting guests back to the rooms
    • Quiet in the rooms when someone is sleeping as we all need sleep.
    • Please practice basic common courtesy.
    ** I've never had this happen but if you do cause problems, you will be kicked out of the
    room without a refund and you will be liable for any and all damages.

Payment: Entire payment is due ASAP to reserve your spot. I don’t do at con payments.
    Accepted forms of payment are checks, money orders, or online transfers using BofA,
    Chase Quickpay, or any banks that use Pop Money. I can also accept Venmo.
    You may also deposit cash directly into my bank account at your local BofA branch.
    NO PAYPAL!
    ** If you cancel for any reason, half of your payment will be forfeit.

1. Please use the subject "SDCC 2015 Room" so that your email doesn't get misdirected.
    2. Don't forget to include a link to your facebook, twitter, or some type of online identity
    and also include a bit of information about yourself, such as age, gender, and hobbies.
    I use "seerakosumosu" everywhere.[/list][/s]
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:13:54 PM by seerakosumosu »

Offline Zeushero

• Freebie Table
    • Liked: 5
    « Reply #82 on: June 20, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
    LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
    Name: zeushero

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Omni

Days:  Tuesday July 7 - Monday July 13

Price Per Night: price is total price/# of people in the room. It would be around $51/night, might be more or less depending on how many we have in the room.

Smoking/Drinking: No to both please. If you wish to drink do it outside but not in the room.

Spaces: So far its me + 2 friends. We have space for 2 more.

Preferences and Description: no preference

Age Preference of Roommates: 21-30, but it doesnt really matter

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed but doesnt matter

Include a brief description about yourself: My friend and I got to a lot of conventions. We met at PAX back in 2011 and have been friends since. This is my 2nd time going and this is my friends first time. I am volunteering again this year but my friend is just going as a regular attendee.  We are there to have a great time and see panels, visit the show floor and go to off site events if we can. I am a NYCC and PAX veteran so I am used to lines at conventions. I am in my mid 20s and my friend is 30 I believe. We are respectful of each persons belongings since we are used to cramming large number of people into hotel rooms at other big conventions. I am a huge anime and gaming fan! I also volunteer or staff at several large anime and pop culture conventions around the U.S.

Additional preferences for roommates: Please be clean and respectful of other persons belongings. Shower everyday. Dont stay up past 1am so everyone can get some sleep. I prefer if your account on this forum was at least a year old since it is hard to vouch for people if anyone can sign up here. If your account is new, I would prefer if you could have some way or someone who can vouch for you.

-I prefer if each person doesnt bring more than 2 suitcases so that we dont have suitcases taking up much space.
    -No partying in the room. We are just planning to use the room to sleep, shower and store our belongings.
    -I prefer if there are no additional guests that are not already staying in the room.

Edit: One of our roommates got into a car accident so we have a spot open up.

If youre interested send me a message.
    Crew: NYCC, C2E2, [E]
    Staff: AnimeExpo, AnimeBoston, Otakon,
    Volunteer: SDCC, ACentral, Dragoncon, 4PointsFest, AnimeNYC

Offline chasenvolvos

• Sails Pavilion
    « Reply #83 on: June 20, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
    LOOKING FOR A ROOM
    Name: 24 Year old couple from LA
    Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Prefer a hotel walking distance. Definitely considering the higher prices for a better hotel/room
    Days: Wed-Sun Hopefully Monday
    Smoking/Drinking: None
    Spaces: We are looking for a bed or a pull out bed. Air bed on the ground would be a last resort.

We have no hotel arrangement for the event yet and have had no luck with hotels, airbnb, or friends. We are going thursday and sunday and we would like a hotel for wednesday-monday but at the least thursday-sunday. If you space available at one of the closer hotels definetly email me and we can work out the details. Definetly willing to consider many options. Thanks! chaseryan13 at gmail dot com.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #84 on: June 22, 2015, 07:34:01 PM »
    Who: 4 clean, friendly, polite, courteous (and endearingly geeky) male veteran SD Comic-Con attendees (been attending since 2005). Here are links to all of our Facebook profiles just in case you want to see who we are.

When: We want a room starting Wednesday night July 8th (we will be driving up that night after we all finish work) until Saturday night July 11, leaving Sunday after the con.

Preferences: Prefer to get a room for ourselves if anyone has an extra room, but we also don't mind sharing a room with other clean, courteous, honest, drama-free people. We love making new friends!

More About us: We are all easy-going, respectful guys. All of us are non-smokers but we do not mind smokers. We occassionaly drink, escpecially on vacation (lol), but we respect rooms in which drinking is not allowed. We LOVE comics; Marvel, DC, indies, you name it! LOVE TV and Movies; Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Walking Dead, DC animated movies, etc. We do not have the courage to cosplay but we have bunked with cosplayers in the past and we love them.

Contact info: You can contact me, Mark Guirguis, though this thread, through Facebook messages (link above), or to my personal email at [email protected].

Thank you!

Offline freakishkittie

• Sails Pavilion
    « Reply #85 on: June 23, 2015, 02:20:32 AM »
     LOOKING FOR A ROOM   
    Name: Jessika
    Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Doesnt matter. Just hopefully close to a trolley station at least
    Days: arrive thursday check out sunday
    Price Per Night: n/a  (we can afford about $250 give or take a bit total for 3 of us for the 3 nights)
    Smoking/Drinking: we wont do any but you can do whatever
    Spaces: we need 3 spaces.

Age Preference of Roommates: any
    Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
    Include a brief description about yourself: Ive gone to comic con the last 3 years with my best friend (who is going with me again this year.) We're nerds, (thats a plus right? lol) and we're really fun and outgoing people. Both girls in our 20's. The 3rd person is a dude and hes cool too and in his 20s also. Ive known both of them for 5+ years. We wont get in your way, we just need a place to sleep and shower! Ive got an air mattress if theres room for it. Otherwise we'll just bring blankets to make the floor comfy or whatever is needed.
    Additional preferences for roommates: None really

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
    « Reply #86 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:23 PM »
    For those looking for rooms or roommates:
    Remember that you can also take the initiative to contact other people who have posted in this thread.  Start a conversation and see if that person is a good match for you as a roommate.

For those lurking and about to post requests in the thread:
    Please follow the formatting in the first post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHelp out the forum moderators and administrators by keeping the thread organized and easy to read.  It would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Just in case, here is the actual formatting:

Offline keyroz14

• Sails Pavilion
    « Reply #87 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:29 AM »
    LOOKING FOR ROOM

Name: Elrod San/Thien Q Vuong (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) (Two Roommates)
    Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: N/A (Anything fairly close by)
    Days: Wednesday - Sunday (7/8 - 7/12)
    Price Per Night: N/A Nothing Ridiculous $150 each ($30 per night each) range for entire weekend, but flexible.
    Smoking/Drinking: No Preference
    Spaces: Any amount.

Preferences and Description: Any
    Age Preference of Roommates: Any
    Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
    Include a brief description about yourself: My friend and I are Videographers/Youtubers. We travel around from convention to convention taking footage of what goes on around during the convention. We don't carry a lot of things. We travel light and we don't take up a lot of space. We are clean, organized, and very quiet.
    Facebook: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    YouTube: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    Additional preferences for roommates: Any

You can message me (Elrod San) through Facebook to work out the details.

Thanks in Advance,

Elrod San/Thien Q Vuong
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:03:03 AM by keyroz14 »

Offline Symson

• Sails Pavilion
    You Can Share a Room at San Diego Comic-Con 2015
    « Reply #88 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
    LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Howard Simpson
    Hotel San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. It’s on the Purple Shuttle Route - East entrance of building and estimated 30 minute ride.
    Days: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat. (checkout on Sunday)
    Price Per Night: $116 per day / all 4 nights at $400

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking.
    Spaces: 2 beds

Age Preference of Roommates: Over 18 years old.
    Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed

Include a brief description about yourself: I am a comic book artist/cartoonist.You may see my web-site at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and my IMDB page at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    Additional preferences for roommates: I prefer someone who is clean and will clean up behind themselves. Sloppy is fine, it’s a convention. Who has time to stay organized? Don’t incur any hotel fees, using phone, ordering movies and consuming whatever is in the fridge.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:34:51 AM by Zero »

Offline JC

• Sails Pavilion
    « Reply #89 on: June 24, 2015, 11:37:47 PM »
    LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Name: Joshua
    Hotel Area: Walking distance, ideally.
    Days: July 8th-12th (Full ticket + preview night; flying in Wednesday and leaving Sunday)
    Price Per Night: Up for negotiation
    Smoking/Drinking: Social drinker, no smoking
    Spaces: None
    Age Preference: None
    Gender Preference: None
    Brief Description: 27-year old asian male from Northern California. Medium frame, hygenic/clean-shaven, packs light.

Not a cosplayer. I attended SDCC most years between 2007-2010, but last trip down was 2012. Interests are mainly sci-fi and western comics. Got my ticket later than my friends who go every year (pre-reg for them) and so am unable to room with them. Will be out most of the time, really just need a place to lay my head.

Would much prefer (and be willing to pay extra for) a bed, but I can sleep on a bedroll.

Thanks guys, think it's been secured.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:32:11 AM by jcyue »