Author Topic: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 26375 times)

Offline sc0rp1on

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: CCI 2015 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2015, 12:31:08 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATE(S)

Name: Mark Guirguis

Hotel Area: WorldMark San Diego - Balboa Park (1.26 miles from the Convention Center)

Days: Check in Wednesday July 8th, check out Sunday July 12th (willing to work out partial days if needed)

Price: negotiable

Smoking/drinking: No smoking inside the room. Drinking is fine as long as it's in moderation; we don't want to babysit anyone.

Spaces: This is a large room with a master Bedroom, living area, and kitchen. Both queen beds are already occupied by my friends and me but we are willing to share the room with people who don't mind sleeping on the floor. We booked last minute and wouldn't mind helping out a few room-less con-goers while cutting down on the price of the room by sharing.

Age preference: none (but please be mature, clean, and respectful of people's belongings)

Gender preference: none

About us: 4 clean, friendly, polite, courteous (and endearingly geeky) male veteran SD Comic-Con attendees (been attending since 2005). Here are links to all of our Facebook profiles just in case you want to see who we are.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We are all easy-going, respectful guys. We LOVE comics; Marvel, DC, indies, you name it! LOVE TV and Movies; Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Walking Dead, DC animated movies, etc. We do not have the courage to cosplay but we have bunked with cosplayers in the past and we love them.

Additional preferences: We booked this room through an AirbnB so we will be carrying full responsibility for anything that happens to the room. That being said, we will need a refundable security deposit upon arrival just in case. To make everyone feel safe about paying, you don't have to pay me until the day of arrival. You can come meet us and see the room and if you like what you see, you can pay and stay; no risk for anyone!  ;D

Contact info: You can contact me, Mark Guirguis, though this thread, through Facebook messages (link above), or to my personal email at [email protected].

Offline GeekLA

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM 

Name: Frank K.
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Walking distance or decent trolley ride away
Days: Friday and Saturday night
Price Per Night: $150.00 a night, $300.00 total
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No) Social drinker, No cigarettes
Spaces: Bed or floor is fine.

Preferences and Description: No preference
Age Preference of Roommates: No preference
Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference
Include a brief description about yourself: Super clean dude (thank the wife). I've worked at Disney, Activision, and Konami to name a few. I was planning a day trip with the wife and she can't make it, so I'm planning to spend an extra day. I just need a bed and a shower. More than happy to share my FB/Linkedin profile via PM. I'll be traveling light -- just a backpack since I'm taking an Amtrak from LA. As a footnote, this is my 8th SDCC ;)

Additional preferences for roommates: Prefer clean and organized folks that don't party too crazy e.g. coming back in at 3 am etc.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:04:20 PM by GeekLA »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 02:43:24 AM »

Offline mtrancem

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOM

Found a room !!!

:D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:28:41 PM by mtrancem »

Offline travismc

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »
Hi there I had someone bail out  on me and left me with an $800 bill I need someone to take their Spot I'm already here and 1 other person is coming 2morrow Plzzzz help folks!!

Offline Ichigotofu

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2015, 12:58:18 AM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: Tiffany (facebook: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Good Nite Inn San Diego near SeaWorld (4.6 miles from the convention center)
Days: 4 nights (wed-sun)
Price Per Night: $59 ($236 total)
Smoking/Drinking: If you smoke do it outside, No parties but you can drink.
Spaces: 1-2

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates: 18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: Recent college grad, volunteer staff for the SDCC programming dept.
Additional preferences for roommates: Just be a clean, courteous, and respectable person. Also no one who snores super loud (sorry I am a light sleeper and my shifts start from 9AM)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:06:28 AM by Ichigotofu »

Offline zennie62

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:21 AM »
I FOUND A ROOM and ROOMMATE!  Thanks everyone!! 

Zennie

LOOKING FOR ROOM

Name: Zennie Abraham - Zennie62.com / Zennie62 on YouTube:
Days: Wednesday - Sunday (7/8 - 7/12)
Price Per Night: Can afford up to $160-$170 per night for four nights
Smoking/Drinking: No Preference
Spaces: Any but prefer situation where hotel room has double beds or rollaway bed.

Preferences and Description: Any
Age Preference of Roommates: Any
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself:
Greetings!

I'm Zennie Abraham, and I'm press credentialed to cover Comic Con 2015, and for the sixth year in a row.  However, unlike you, my efforts at getting a sponsor did not go well this year, and so I'm hunting around for a room deal.  Let me tell you a bit about me.

First, I am male, African American, and 52 years old and live in Oakland, California and part time in Fayetteville, Georgia with my Mom, who's 80, as I'm the only child.  My blog (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), YouTube Channel (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), and other social media platforms are all under "Zennie62", as I was born in 1962, and I run Zennie62Media, a collection of 82 blogs and 200 Twitter accounts.  I have the distinction of having made more YouTube videos from Comic Con than any other single media outlet and have been a YouTube Partner since 2008 and on YouTube since 2006.

Here's the link to my main Comic Con video playlist:

Comic Con San Diego SDCC Videos

My system is such that one blog post upload produces 16 posts on 16 of the blogs in my network - in turn, each blog has its own Twitter account.

As for my hotel routine, I don't spend much time in it, except to rest and to monetize my blogs.  I'm going to experiment this year with not taking my computer to the convention center, and just working from my smartphone (using YouTube capture) and the auto-upload and tweet system.   Facebook: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
YouTube: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Additional preferences for roommates: Any

You can email me at [email protected] to work out details.

Thank you for your consideration.

Zennie Abraham

--
Executive Producer: Zennie62.com
Chairman and CEO: Zennie62Media.com

Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Zennie Abraham is one of the first generation of YouTube Partners going back to 2006, and made partner in 2008.  Visit Zennie62 at YouTube.com or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Twitter: @Zennie62 or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Anyone still have a spot left? Just missed out on one.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »
REMINDERS:
Please follow the formatting in the first post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DO NOT POST MORE THAN ONCE IN THIS THREAD!  I've mentioned in the first post that duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  Help out the forum moderators and administrators by keeping the thread organized and easy to read.  It would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Just in case, here is the actual formatting:

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one): LOOKING FOR A ROOM   or   LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)
Days: (Include which days.)
Price Per Night: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces: (If you're looking for a room, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates:
Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:14:06 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline tragedys

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »
Identify the type of request: Looking for a couch/floor for Sat night
Name: Mike
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Preferably within a few blocks
Days: Saturday night only
Price Per Night: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: No

Preferences and Description: couch, floor, all is good. Just looking for a place to rest my head for the night.  do not have badges so I'm just around to check out the offsite stuff on Saturday and Sunday.
Age Preference of Roommates: don't care
Gender Preference of Roommates: None.
Include a brief description about yourself: 4 time SDCC vet who lost the lottery this year. Looking to spend most of my time at SDCC among the crowds of like minded individuals.  Doubt I will be in the room for much more than sleeping a few hours Sat night.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2015, 11:17:30 PM »
Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread!  I hope you were all successful in your roommate endeavors this year.

Please check back sometime late this year or early next year for our Comic-Con 2016 room sharing thread!  I will be posting up the PREFERRED format and thread once again, so please take the time to follow the formatting to keep things organized and easy to read for forum members.

Thank you again!  This thread will be closed since Comic-Con 2015 has officially ended.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...