Author Topic: CCI 2012 Parking Pass Thread  (Read 33341 times)

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
Re: CCI 2012 Parking Pass Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
I think so. Another friend also posted similar. Awesome news for those looking for parking. That's one thing I actually don't hassle with.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
here's the txt of the email on 3.15.12;
Advanced sales for parking will be made available in mid April. Please check the Comic Con web site's parking link or Ace Parking's web site at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for information updates. Thank you.

Ace Parking

CCI responded on the FB page
We're looking into this. I don't think this email was generated by us. We're all at WonderCon now so our focus is on that show. As soon as we learn something new we'll post here.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:32:12 PM »

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
here's the txt of the email on 3.15.12;
Advanced sales for parking will be made available in mid April. Please check the Comic Con web site's parking link or Ace Parking's web site at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for information updates. Thank you.

Ace Parking

CCI responded on the FB page
We're looking into this. I don't think this email was generated by us. We're all at WonderCon now so our focus is on that show. As soon as we learn something new we'll post here.

they probably sent the email bec. they were getting too many requests for info about parking. They mistakenly never took down the signage on the site from last year that said parking was sold out so people started getting nervous that parking was already gone.

i read this as the equivalent of 'simmer down nerds'

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
They have never really taken down their page year to year. they seem to just reset it or tweek the url slightly.  That was how it was "leaked" last year.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
First post so here and I'm glad i found this site. Anyway i remember getting a parking email awhile back and I tried looking for it. It seems to be in mid April, parking at the convention center was the best.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
Take a look at CCI's response to that email...<sigh> posted above.

I will say, i will be in debited to whomever gives me a heads up abt parking....<shameless, i am>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »
any idea when the date was leaked last year? I just checked my receipts, and I purchased mine on 4/18/11, my e-mail shows 11:20am. I got the 4 days under the con center, 12.92 each day. Also, a few years ago I was in NO condition to drive, so stayed the nite in my car in the con center parking garage. Not sure if they patrol it more these days, but this was back before they pre-sold the parking.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
I dont know why if you have all four days parking you cant just leave it there.  Heck if they just want more money charge a little more for an overnight allowed pass.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
    • my music, my love
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
I'd imagine that they are pretty lax, since the anime rooms and some of the film rooms don't end til 2am, and how late is the con-suite open? I just clicked the links to my parking purchases from last year, and my parking passes are STILL online, ready to be printed from thepermitstore website!

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »
The standing rumor is that we can use that as one of the signs that they are using a different setup. otherwise they would likely have purged the database on it by now.  I am thinking its sitting forgotten. Heck that is how some people got passes earlier last year, the old addy was forgotten but still worked
-Chris Hagish

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »
I guess we'll see for this year!

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »
I dont know why if you have all four days parking you cant just leave it there.  Heck if they just want more money charge a little more for an overnight allowed pass.

That's the one annoying thing. At least one night of the con we try to go out afterwards. Only to have to keep track of time so I can be sure the car is out of the lot by midnight.

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
    • my music, my love
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
They can't get too picky about the "out by midnite" since some of the anime movies at the Marriott didn't even start til 12:30am on Friday and Saturday.

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 10:57:10 AM »
They can be as picky as they want. They are the Lot owners and have no direct connection to CCI or the events going on int he gaslamp. Generally they are forgiving and have at times allowed people to stay parked VERY late or i have heard over night if you talk to them before hand and shoe proof of paying for both days.  It is only rumor that they let this happen.
-Chris Hagish

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »
They can be as picky as they want. They are the Lot owners and have no direct connection to CCI or the events going on int he gaslamp. Generally they are forgiving and have at times allowed people to stay parked VERY late or i have heard over night if you talk to them before hand and shoe proof of paying for both days.  It is only rumor that they let this happen.

yeah after the posted cutoff time, it's park at your own risk. im sure they won't tow right at 12:01 or whatever but 1-2am might be pushing it for some of the more popular lots...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!