Author Topic: Southwest Flights for SDCC 2020 Available  (Read 11098 times)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
Re: Southwest Flights for SDCC 2020 Available
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2020, 11:06:30 AM »
That's my biggest worry.  I'm totally ok with travel credits, but am not sure when they'll make 2021 flights available for me to use them. 

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2020, 11:06:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cancelled mine and the travel credit expires December 10, 2020 as of right now (We booked them that date 2019).  My Wondercon flight credit also expires in December.  I thought I read that they were extending the expiration dates, but my Wondercon one has been sitting with the same expiration for months so not sure whats going on.

This is an email from SW that I got earlier this week:

To our valued Customers,

As we continue to navigate our way through this unprecedented time and deal with extraordinary challenges, we are committed to keeping you informed and updated on the steps we are taking to manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. The health, Safety, and well-being of our Customers and our Employees remain my highest priorities at all times and a responsibility the entire Southwest® Family holds sacred. In this midst of the heartbreak and hardships this crisis has imposed on our neighbors, our families, and our friends, I am also inspired and deeply moved by the compassion, resiliency, and the human spirit that has surfaced all around us. Thank you for being there with us. We are here for you.

We've been working around the clock to adapt to this new landscape, to adjust our procedures and policies to take care of our Customers, keep our operation running, and maintain a clean and comfortable cabin environment. I know many of our Customers have questions and concerns regarding your travel funds and tier status. We previously extended travel funds that are impacted due to the pandemic to give you more time to use them. I'm pleased to report that we are making some additional changes:

Tier Status & Companion Pass Benefits:
•    

For our current A-List and A-List Preferred Members, we are extending your current earned status through December 31, 2021.
•    

For our current Companion Pass Members, we are extending your current earned Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021.
•    

For all Rapid Rewards® Members, we recognize that your normal flying behavior has been interrupted, limiting progress you may have been making toward qualification for A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass. For that reason, we are giving all Rapid Rewards Members a "boost" of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred status, and 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points and 25 flight credits toward Companion Pass status.

These moves represent additional ways to either work toward or to use these benefits once you're ready to begin traveling again. These adjustments will happen automatically and will be reflected in your Southwest Rapid Rewards My Account page over the coming weeks. Learn more on the extension and the boost by visiting Southwest.com/RRcoronavirusupdates.

Travel Funds:
•    

Previously, Customers' travel funds that have expired or would have expired between March 1 - June 30, 2020, or travel funds that were created because of a cancellation between March 1 - June 30, 2020, had an expiration date of June 30, 2021. We are now expanding the window of funds eligible for extended expiration dates and extending the expiration date of these funds. Funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020, will have an expiration date of September 7, 2022. This gives Customers who had travel funds created in connection with this pandemic–or who won't be comfortable traveling this summer–additional time to retake that same trip or explore a different destination. It will take our Technology Team a few days to make these changes and more details on this extension can be found at Southwest.com/RRcoronavirusupdates.
•    

Additionally, we have added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards® points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. We hope this provides our Members ultimate flexibility as Rapid Rewards points never expire, never have cancel or change fees (fare difference may apply), and you can redeem your points for anyone you choose. Our Technology Team is working to build this conversion capability, and we will be in touch when it is ready for you to use. In the meantime, you don't need to take any action - your travel funds will be automatically extended for the two years mentioned above, and you will be able to make this conversion once we bring this new functionality to fruition.

We ask for your patience as we implement these benefits and new exceptions. It's our hope that the policy changes above bring you more comfort and confidence that we will be here, ready to serve you, when you're ready to travel.

In addition to the changes we have made to our policies, we're continuing to modify the way we operate and serve you—from enhanced cleaning procedures, social distancing guidelines, onboard service offerings to limit personal contact, providing more Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our Employees, and much more. You can learn about these efforts on our Travel Advisory and our Company Blog.

No doubt, this has been an incredibly challenging environment for us all, but we've been uplifted and found special meaning in the term "essential travel." From transporting medical professionals to hospitals and hotspots around the country, to partnering with organizations to ship important cargo and medical supplies, to serving Customers on their way to see loved ones and lend a helping hand—there is so much good that has filled our hearts with pride—every day on every flight.

Today and every day, we're committed to reconnecting you to the people and places you love. We're in this together. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through these changing times.

Stay Heart Strong,

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 06:18:26 AM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2020, 06:02:53 PM »
With the CCI cancellation announcement I wonder how flights will be handled for a date so far out.  I booked mine on points, but I don't want to lose them.  I would think SW would be accommodating...
I just cancelled my United flights. They are doing no cancellation or rebooking fees and 24 months to use the credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Danny Zuko

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 12:42:51 PM »
Called Southwest and canceled my flights and instead of my travel credit expiring in Dec 2020, it now expires in Sept 2022.  :)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
Called Southwest and canceled my flights and instead of my travel credit expiring in Dec 2020, it now expires in Sept 2022.  :)

I noticed today half of mine say 2022 and the others don't.  Ugh, I am going to have to call.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2020, 02:13:39 PM »
Was able to cancel my flight and they put all the points right back into my account.  Good stuff!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2020, 02:14:56 PM »
I noticed today half of mine say 2022 and the others don't.  Ugh, I am going to have to call.

I called today and they told me that all cancellations would result in a credit good through September 2022.  They told me that it may initially say December 2020, but that their programmers are updating the expiration date in batches, so it could take a little while. 

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »
I called today and they told me that all cancellations would result in a credit good through September 2022.  They told me that it may initially say December 2020, but that their programmers are updating the expiration date in batches, so it could take a little while.

Thank you for the updated information I will give it a week then, to see if they get them all updated.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:45:53 PM by NCDS »

Offline Danny Zuko

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »

Same here. I was told i'll see the change from Dec 2020 expiration to Sept 2022 sometime in May.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2020, 06:46:57 PM »
The one I canceled today says Oct 12th.  Are you guys just saying December because you booked in December?

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »
The one I canceled today says Oct 12th.  Are you guys just saying December because you booked in December?

Sorry, yes.  The prior rule was 12 months from the date you booked your flight.  So, last year I booked on December 10th and normally would have had to use my credit by December 10th of this year.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2020, 08:31:41 PM »
Sorry, yes.  The prior rule was 12 months from the date you booked your flight.  So, last year I booked on December 10th and normally would have had to use my credit by December 10th of this year.

Oh good, then I haven't been left out of a step :)

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 06:24:21 AM »
Both my wondercon and sdcc flight credits now say expiration September 2022! Woo!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 07:12:42 AM »
Mine all say Sep 7th 2022!!!!   I can't wait to be able to travel!!!!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 08:10:58 AM »
Mine all say Sep 7th 2022!!!!   I can't wait to be able to travel!!!!

Same here.  When they refunded it on Monday, it still said December of this year.  But as of this morning it is changed to Sep 7th 2022.  It's good to know when you talk to someone in customer service that they are really informed as to what is going on and it turns out what they say actually happens.