Author Topic: SDCC Game of Thrones Winter Is Here Experience  (Read 7613 times)

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Re: SDCC Game of Thrones Winter Is Here Experience
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
I talked to lady giving out swag bags about Conan pop and she said they will give them out tomorrow and Sunday, today was the night king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »
They're only taking 10 at a time so if you're not in the first 50, you're going to be waiting a long tine.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 11:10:06 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:41 AM »
The line was pretty epic yesterday morning. I've never seen it wrap around itself into a double row before. They did warn people that if they don't get a wristband then they aren't making it in since they close at 1pm. On previous nights, I saw them stay open way later than they should have to allow everyone in line before they capped it to go through.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 07:51:53 PM »
The experience itself was great and much improved from last year. However, I agree that the lines were insane. I believe this was because of the exclusive Pops. It would be interesting to have seen how long the lines were without them.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »
The experience was fun and the lines were long, I was walking by on Sunday morning and they were giving away the swag bags on the street besides the experience.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The experience was fun and the lines were long, I was walking by on Sunday morning and they were giving away the swag bags on the street besides the experience.

What? Where was that? I was there Sunday morning to checkout the line. I didn't see it.

If they are giving away excess bags then they got less demand than they expected.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
Looking at my tweet it shows I sent out pic at 12:45 so they must've started giving them away at around noon. This was on corner between the experience and Petco Park.
The excess of bags might be from how long it took to get thru the experience itself and long lines with long wait times=less people going through. That's just my theory.

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »
I wanted to check this out, but time never allowed for it... and leaving Sunday afternoon didn't help. One year, I will have to designate a day to specifically explore the surrounding area instead of staying inside the convention center for the duration of the show. 

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2017, 12:11:30 PM »
my friends waited 11 hrs for this.  was that normal ? 

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2017, 02:59:58 PM »
[member=5815]ocwankenobi[/member] yes ;-)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
Looking at my tweet it shows I sent out pic at 12:45 so they must've started giving them away at around noon. This was on corner between the experience and Petco Park.
The excess of bags might be from how long it took to get thru the experience itself and long lines with long wait times=less people going through. That's just my theory.

That makes sense. They told me they were shutting down hard at 1pm. So by that time they were effectively done so had to get rid of all those bags. No reason to take them back. It's give them or dump them.

I was wandering around at that time and I wish I had wandered over in that direction but I went the other way to the interactivate zone and then back to the fx/adult swim area.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2017, 05:40:30 PM »
That makes sense. They told me they were shutting down hard at 1pm. So by that time they were effectively done so had to get rid of all those bags. No reason to take them back. It's give them or dump them.

I was wandering around at that time and I wish I had wandered over in that direction but I went the other way to the interactivate zone and then back to the fx/adult swim area.
Wife and I did the same, we wondered around the interactive zone waited a long time to get our Mr Mercedes tshirt. Then onto adult swim area, we ran into Michael Rooker on the sky bridge wife got a pic with him that was cool. Adult swim was packed so we went back to hotel to get ready for the forum swag swap party.