Author Topic: Celebrity sightings at restaurants  (Read 3186 times)

Offline grehg

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Celebrity sightings at restaurants
« on: April 23, 2018, 05:34:47 AM »
What restaurants are you likely to see celebrities during Comic-con? Where have you seen a celebrity and was it during breakfast, lunch or dinner and roughly what time was it?  We usually eat early so we may have to delay if that increases our chances for a spotting.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: Celebrity sightings at restaurants
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I have stayed at the Hard Rock the past couple of years, and have seen a few at Mary Jane's - Jeremy Jordan, Dacre Montgomery, Rick Worthy. The cast of Supergirl in Starbucks in Hard Rock. There is always someone in Nobu, although I have not eaten there.

EDIT: Do not bother them while they are eating!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:19:05 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 10:38:24 AM »
I wonder if anyone has ever forgot their real name but called them by character name before lol, but doing so in a quiet manner so as not to attract attention and be discreet so u act like a close friend or relative by chance lol. im sure stars dont mind meeting fans, just not a flood at once so u can chat a bit or buy them lunch by chance at time. i have learned by others who have failed to be discreet and quiet so not to attract attention in the wrong way lol. i have met stars in variety of jobs, but was quiet and discreet so easier to chat and get a pic by chance.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What restaurants are you likely to see celebrities during Comic-con? Where have you seen a celebrity and was it during breakfast, lunch or dinner and roughly what time was it?  We usually eat early so we may have to delay if that increases our chances for a spotting.

I've been going for a longtime and the only restaurant I had sightings was at the Solamar during lunch, but it was mostly SciFi/Syfy people.

I also see celebs dining for lunch at the Wired Cafe held in the Omni, which is "invitation-only" and has a VIP area.

Honestly, I think most of the celebs have very full schedules and eat at the parties they go to in the evenings or at VIP-only places at other times.  I don't think many of them need to look for restaurants to eat at, particularly since fans would probably bother them, no matter how many times they are told not to do it.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
I have seen shows or movies that portray fans ask for any pic or sign anything, but ask if they can do so later if the star is still there when they are heading the door so to give stars some privacy or break from any craziness. that why i say to try be discreet so not to attract any attention so u have a chance to chat any and all. like i by chance got a pic with a news reporter last year at con since i saw them and kept walking to get sorted and came back and checked if was still around at time and they was cool and nice and got a pic at time, but i made sure i was discreet and quiet as they was busy with camera crew for a story at time. so it nice to see and notice, but discreet is key.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »
Here is a great post and video by Tom Kim.

My advice on the topic is to respect their space and ask for permission before grabbing a selfie. In most cases they are pretty chill about it.

Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:20:14 AM »
Yea, that is a good video of advice. i remember last year when was doing a job. they say cant use phone to get pics while u on the clock, but take a memory pic so to speak so u can say u saw whoever it was while u was working and they was around fans promoting a project they are on or other. then if possible after job can try get a pic with phone if all goes right later. im guessing some or any workers have got selfies with a celeb if they wanna do at time for a quick snap shot at time, just dont let it affect u doing ur job at time.

Offline grehg

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »
Yea, that is a good video of advice. i remember last year when was doing a job. they say cant use phone to get pics while u on the clock, but take a memory pic so to speak so u can say u saw whoever it was while u was working and they was around fans promoting a project they are on or other. then if possible after job can try get a pic with phone if all goes right later. im guessing some or any workers have got selfies with a celeb if they wanna do at time for a quick snap shot at time, just dont let it affect u doing ur job at time.

Where we're you working at then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
I've been going for a longtime and the only restaurant I had sightings was at the Solamar during lunch, but it was mostly SciFi/Syfy people.

I also see celebs dining for lunch at the Wired Cafe held in the Omni, which is "invitation-only" and has a VIP area.

Honestly, I think most of the celebs have very full schedules and eat at the parties they go to in the evenings or at VIP-only places at other times.  I don't think many of them need to look for restaurants to eat at, particularly since fans would probably bother them, no matter how many times they are told not to do it.

I agree with this.  I've spotted a lot of celebrities walking around, in the convention center, outside hotels, inside hotels, etc.  I don't recall seeing any at restaurants other than hotel bars.

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
The only non-comic creator celebrities I have ever approached at CCI were Cynthia Rothrock and Jonathan Ross. Both on the floor. Ross seemed taken aback that I only asked for a photo of him, not a selfie.  :P

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »
Last year, I saw DeAngelo Williams walking the floor with his own badge. Only one other person recognized him, but he declined them a photo. He was just enjoying the convention like everyone else.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
Guillermo Del Toro was eating breakfast at a table across from me and friend one morning at the Omni a few years back - but some others joined him and there were obviously having an informal business meeting so we didn't want to interrupt.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »
A few years ago we were having dinner at Vela (the fancy restaurant at the Hilton Bayfront) and Joss Whedon was at the next table, having a business meeting.

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 05:25:31 PM »
I saw Felicia Day eating breakfast with her family at the Broken Yolk. I just gawked for a second and then kept walking. It was really cool though! Also saw Peter Capaldi while bar hopping, but I don't recall which one it was at. He was mingling at his first SDCC, and from what I gather, he went to a bunch of restaurants that night.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »

Where we're you working at then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the con i do volunteer, but was just guessing at any job workers by chance i guess get a chance to get selfies with a star at a place they may be working at for the event.