Author Topic: April 10th Resale Question  (Read 6740 times)

Offline creepychick

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
April 10th Resale Question
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had detailed information about the April 10th resale. Will the resale include all rooms that were refunded (including downtown hotels), or only Mission Valley hotels?

In addition, will people who were waitlisted be contacted individually about openings in their hotel choices, or will they have to rely on the resale as well?

Also, I chose the waitlist option, but was not offered ANY hotels... am I technically still on the waitlist, or does that only apply to people who were offered a hotel? I got the email "Unfortunately, at the time your request was processed, there was no more inventory that met your selected criteria."

Will the resale process be the same as the initial hotel sale? (aka drop down hotel choices, inputting names for all guests)

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: April 10th Resale Question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
we don't know
i suspect the downtown hotels will all be taken by people on the wait list.  I had read on the FB page someone reporting after then spoke to TP, that you are wait listed for *all* the hotels on your list & they'll go by the time stamp.

they just re-opened (?) the early bird sale
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:35:59 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »
Even though you didn't get a hotel you are still on the 'waitlist'... but it's behind a lot of other people.

Offline creepychick

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
Thank you for your help, everyone! I will look into the Early Bird Sale, wasn't aware that it reopened. Does anyone have experience with hotel resales from last year (if there were any) and can give some advice as to what was offered/what the process was like? This is my first Comic Con, so I'm still a newb.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »
I got a hotel room on the May resale last year. Since the sale took place after the first 'forfeit deposit money' deadline there were quite a few rooms... pretty much something at every hotel on the list, including those in the downtown area. I don't know how many there were, though.

Offline hoserzgirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
You may want to call TP because I also read on FB that the resale will not include Downtown hotels. Presumably those will be filled by the wait list.