Author Topic: Cosplay commissions?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
Cosplay commissions?
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:53:57 PM »
So, does anyone know of any reliable, responsive people or places from which you can commission custom cosplay? I unfortunately had my flash of inspiration of what I'd like to cosplay as @ SDCC very late this year (Thought of it Sunday night)... I know it might not be possible to find someone with such short notice anyway, but I figured I'd post up here because I have reached out to a couple of sites/people on Etsy and received no response yet. All I need is a mask.

And I know about the cosplay.com marketplace, but unfortunately I can't post on there as you have to be registered 30 days and have at least 10 posts. So yeah. Any help at all would be super appreciated!

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
Re: Cosplay commissions?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »
go here.   
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

those links should solve your problem, with a little hunting, and perhaps quite a bit of cash. depending on speed, it may require quite a bit. the rpf does have a forum where things are outright sold, and at times commissions taken.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:50:33 AM »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
Thanks! I was actually able to find someone last week after a bit of searching, but this site looks like a really great resource for future projects!

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »
your welcome!

and as 3-d printers get cheaper and cheaper, and can print in more materials other than plastic, the files they post might be able to outfit alot of the smaller pieces in the future. just need a proper finishing on them.

be aware though, that 3-d printers for home print slow. so a chesspiece item might take 8 hours. a handgun prop: 2 days.

just think of the future. printing custom candy from a movie. printing custom costume metal items like buckles. even some printers can make items with moving parts inside.