Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34391 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dcon is the weekend before thanksgiving. I've got an ap flex pass so i can book Sat & Sun admission & just go in for a couple of hrs- not the full day. I don't think the second ride is open till Dec. tho.

Rise of the Resistance is scheduled to open at Disneyland in January. It will open in December at WDW.

Offline CarrieD

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 72
Re: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld
« Reply #301 on: September 30, 2019, 05:39:47 AM »
Has anyone confirmed the Aurebesh graffiti in the bathroom says "Mara Jade Lives"
SDCC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
SWCO 2017
FanExpo Canada 2018
Montreal CC  2016, 2019, 2022
Ottawa CC 2016, 2017

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291

We had a small little lightsaber gathering last Friday night in the Galaxy's Edge FB and discord groups (I'm team blue way in the back underneath the right red light of the Falcon.   We had taken a photo already when the stormtroopers arrived to ask for our identification  ;)  When none of us complied, they decided to just join us.   

Any DLR locals interested in our next one?  You're more than welcome to join in!   A significant number of people in the photo weren't even members of either group but random people that passed by or that the organizers had invited on the streets of Batuu.   

Since my last post in this thread, I've gone an insane number of times (over 10!), built my first droid, built my first Savi's saber, fixed my Savi's saber with teflon tape since my pieces did not align very well.   I'm still a terrible Millenium Falcon pilot however, never getting more than 5,000 on 3 attempts.   Although I did have terrible gunner and engineer crewmates, I still take the blame.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:18:32 PM by brand4d2 »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Yay!!!
Booked two slot on sat nite of DCon and a breakfast slot on Sunday.
Any other AP holders going to Disney/DCon?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »
WDW Rise of the Resistance dedication

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2019, 06:09:30 PM »
WDW Rise of the Resistance dedication

Ughhh I can't wait til this opens in Disneyland in January. With the various ride mechanics and from the videos I've seen so far, this has to be the most ambitious ride that the Imagineering team has ever created. I'm so hyped now!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2019, 11:19:36 AM »
Have you guys heard about the massive crowds and 'instantly sold out boarding passes' needed for Rise of the Resistance at CE in Florida? Amazing! I will be very curious to see how it works when the ride opens in California in January. Amusingly, the things people at WDW have to do in order to get onto this ride sound like child's pay to we SDCC vets. ;)

In more amusing news, these are the new GE baby changing station signs...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2019, 03:01:18 PM »

Disneyland to use virtual queue for new Rise of the Resistance ride

Star Wars fans anxious to experience Rise of the Resistance will need to book a time to ride the highly anticipated new attraction just after they step foot in Disneyland.

Disneyland plans to use the virtual queuing system when Rise of the Resistance opens to the public on Jan. 17, officials said.

The ground-breaking new Rise of the Resistance attraction in the 14-acre Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge themed land combines four ride experiences into one.

The Rise of the Resistance virtual queue at Disneyland may work differently than the system employed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios since the attraction debuted on Dec. 5, Disney officials said.

The Florida theme park initially allowed visitors into the park early and issued Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding passes before the official park opening time. Walt Disney World later adjusted the policy and waited to issue boarding passes until after the official opening time of Hollywood Studios.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios has also begun issuing “back-up” boarding passes for the virtual queue to create standby groups if time and space allow for additional riders at the end of each day.

Disneyland visitors will need to log into the Disneyland app to secure a Rise of the Resistance boarding pass in the virtual queue. Push notifications will be sent to Disneyland visitors when it’s time for their boarding group to ride Rise of the Resistance.

The goal is to allow visitors to explore Disneyland attractions, restaurants and shops while waiting to experience Rise of the Resistance without having to stand in a long line. Visitors must be inside the park to select a Rise of the Resistance boarding group using the Disneyland app.

Online tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Our SDCC group just booked our place in Anaheim for our pre-SDCC Disneyland trip.  SO excited to hit up Galaxies Edge and hopefully the new Marvel Campus before the con.

Offline sorb3t

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 11
The Rise of the Resistance ride looks great! I'm excited to check it out. I'm glad Disney is taking steps to limit the amount of time spent standing in line.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Today opening...... @Transmute Jun

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

Interesting article regarding the RotR virtual queue. It feels like it's treading into SDCC territory...

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Well not sure why they keep calling it a lottery when its not....but beyond that.
Would like a virtual queue like this for panels at SDCC.  Seems similar to what SXSW does with their panels.  No need to wait in line for 12 hours and still not get in....wait in the virtual queue and then go in when your boarding group has room to enter.

Offline Transmute Jun

Well not sure why they keep calling it a lottery when its not....but beyond that.
Would like a virtual queue like this for panels at SDCC.  Seems similar to what SXSW does with their panels.  No need to wait in line for 12 hours and still not get in....wait in the virtual queue and then go in when your boarding group has room to enter.

It's a lottery in the same way that the old system for SDCC badges was a lottery... it's all based on way too many people hitting a button at an exact time.

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15

I think it would affect the SDCC experience.  You would also have the potential unintended consequence of everyone trying for every panel.  You would also have to clear the rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk