Author Topic: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim  (Read 25400 times)

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
Re: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
Just got our USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest email, which shows 2 envelopes from CCI! So hopefully that means other Press will be getting their WonderCon badges soon as well.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2019, 10:43:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got our USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest email, which shows 2 envelopes from CCI! So hopefully that means other Press will be getting their WonderCon badges soon as well.
Just got ours, too...Regular badges for the whole family of 5!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 05:12:20 AM »

Offline Catechie

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2019, 10:43:32 AM »
Details regarding the new 'credits' in the Exclusives Portal and how it works.

I haven't got my daughter's badge either. I emailed them to confirm the order and they said to contact them after the 15th if we still don't have it. I am unclear why they wouldn't send same household badges in the same envelope.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »
At long last, I got my badge today!  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:56:26 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
I haven't got my daughter's badge either. I emailed them to confirm the order and they said to contact them after the 15th if we still don't have it. I am unclear why they wouldn't send same household badges in the same envelope.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes, I wouldn't worry if you haven't received it yet. Also... all badges, regardless if they are going to the same household, are sent separately.

Offline gaeilstar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2019, 08:32:34 PM »
My badge finally arrived today I am press, so this was very relieving

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »
I got mine today ;D. Was getting worried. Can't wait.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #07: Additional Schedules, Blood Drive, and Special Offers!

A whole slew of updates today including additional WonderCon Anaheim info: We’ve updated additional schedules for the show, the Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive page is updated and you can schedule a time to donate blood at WonderCon, and we have a pair of special offers for our attendees!

Additional Schedules Now Online

We’ve added more WonderCon Anaheim 2019 schedules to our website! Click on the links below to see them.

Click here for the complete Anime schedule
    Click here for the complete Comics Arts Conference schedule
    Click here for the complete Games schedule
    Click here for the Los Angeles International Children’s Film Festival schedule
    Click here for the Portfolio Review schedule

The Blood Drive is Back!

We are proud to announce that the Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive is back! This will be our 13th year hosting the drive at WonderCon. As always, the blood drive is co-sponsored by the Heinlein Society.

We truly hope that you’ll take time out of your busy schedule to help save a life and “pay it forward,” as the great science fiction author attended. The Red Cross will be at the Anaheim Convention Center for all three days of WonderCon Anaheim in Room 204AB collecting blood donations.

Please note: You do not need to make a reservation to donate blood; however, it is definitely the best way to maximize your time!

WonderCon Anaheim thanks you in advance for your blood donation! You can visit the Blood Drive Desk in Lobby B/C of the Anaheim Convention Center or click on the link below. For complete information and to pre-register to donate blood at WonderCon Anaheim 2019, please click here to visit our Blood Drive page.

Special Offers for WonderCon Anaheim Attendees!

Attention all WonderCon Anaheim 2019 attendees (and exhibitors, professionals, program participants, and volunteers and staff): We have some special offers for you while you’re visiting us this year! Our Special Offers page is back with some amazing offers … here are some sneak peeks.
Disneyland Resort Specially-Priced Theme Park Tickets

You can purchase specially-priced Disneyland Resort Theme Park Tickets, which are valid

If you purchase before the March 28, 2010 deadline, you can receive discounted tickets good from Friday, March 22 through Tuesday, April 2, 2019!
Knott’s Berry Farm

We’re happy to be working with Knotts Berry Farm again this year! WonderCon Anaheim Attendees can unlock discounts to the park by entering the code Wonder19 when they click on the special link on our Special Offers page.

Click here to visit our Special Offers page

for more detailed information, including links to pricing and promo codes for the above offers.

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 12, 2019

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2019, 12:19:02 PM »
My USPS Informed Digest email shows my son's (junior) badge arriving today, as well as my (press) badge! Whoo hoo!

Offline gaeilstar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »
My USPS Informed Digest email shows my son's (junior) badge arriving today, as well as my (press) badge! Whoo hoo!
Phew!!

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2019, 01:44:31 PM »
I’m still waiting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pyxidis

• Exhibit Hall
  • If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky.
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »
I’m still waiting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting too. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one. :)
"We know a little about a lot of things, just enough to make us dangerous."
SDCC 07-13, 15, 16, 18-21, 22 | SDCC SE 21 | WC 12-23 | LC&E 12

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2019, 11:24:34 PM »
Mine just came in today

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
Saw one of mine is arriving today... fingers crossed the other half come tomorrow!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 TOUCAN TIPS! #08: Creative Collaboration Opportunities at WonderCon Anaheim

Get excited, creators! Whether you’re into comics, books, fashion, or games, this year’s WonderCon is full of opportunities to get feedback from experts and improve your work for publication and audience consumption. Check out the programming in panel room 204C, which we have dubbed the “Creative Collaboration Room” for this year.

On Friday, we offer you the Comic Pitch Review and the Comic Creator Connection. If you’re planning on attending the Comic Creator Connection, we highly recommend going to the Comic Pitch Review at 5:00, conducted by professional speechwriter and speaking coach Douglas Neff. His guidance will help you polish your pitch and make your ideas sound as exciting to others as it is for you. (Spaces are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis for this.) Then come back at 7:00 for the Comic Creator Connection, where you’ll sit in five-minute sessions with fellow writers and illustrators to find the perfect partner to bring your ideas to life. To pre-register online for Comic Creator Connection, please click here.

On Saturday, junior designers can attend the Her Universe Fashion Show: Junior Design Camp, while comics and game creators get their chance to once again find a partner or team to help their dream products come to life in the Gaming Creator Connection (for more info and to register, click here) and Comics Creator Connection. We’ll even offer another opportunity at the Comic Pitch Review prior to attending Comics Creator Connection.

Sunday is a great day for you if you’re a writer! We offer two writer-focused events with the Writers’ Coffeehouse and Comics, Coffee, and Conversation. Author Peter Clines (Ex-Heroes series, Paradox Bound) leads the Writers’ Coffeehouse where seasoned or new authors can chat about topics ranching from pitching and selling to overcoming writer’s block. Then, comics creator and WonderCon Special Guest Scott Snyder (Batman, Justice League, WYTCHES) will host an invigorating discussion regarding graphic novels, education, and diversity. (Coffee consumption at both events are optional, not required.)

We hope these events are helpful to your professional needs and growth!

Here are the complete descriptions of the panels mentioned above:

Friday, March 29

5:00–6:00 Comic Pitch Review—If you’re a writer or artist attending the Comic Creator Connection, this is your chance to practice giving your pitch before the event and get some invaluable help from a professional writer and speaker coach. A pitch is simply a way to present yourself or your project to others. It is usually a brief speech designed to persuade your listener into supporting what you’re doing or what you’ve made. Most creators have no trouble coming up with great ideas for new comics, but they often struggle to speak clearly and concisely about those ideas to other people. Giving a good pitch is a vital skill in bringing your project to life. Pitch reviews will be conducted by Douglas Neff, a professional speechwriter, speaker coach, and host of the Comic Creator Connection. This is not a panel. Instead, these are three- to five-minute individual coaching sessions for as many people as can be accommodated in the scheduled time. Spaces are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis, and observers are welcome. Room 204C

7:00–9:00 Comic Creator Connection—Are you a writer with a great idea for a comic book series, but you can’t draw? Or maybe you’re an artist looking to illustrate an incredible story, but you can’t write. WonderCon is proud to once again host the Comic Creator Connection, a fast-paced networking event that puts writers and artists together to help them meet new creative partners. Here’s how it works: In a two-hour period, writers and artists will sit across from each other at a table. (And by artists, we mean pencillers, inkers, colorists, etc.—all are welcome!) Then, in five-minute sessions, you will talk one-on-one with each other about your ideas and skills. At the end of each five-minute period, you will get up and move on to the next person. If you’re interested in furthering the conversation, you’ll exchange contact information. Think of it as speed-dating, but for writers and artists! Sign-ups are taken in advance for this event, but space may still be available on site. Room 204C

Saturday, March 30

10:00–1:00 The Her Universe Fashion Show: Junior Design Camp—Calling all aspiring fashion designers! Are you too young to compete in the Her Universe Fashion Show? Do you want to be a fashion designer or maybe even work for a fashion company like Her Universe someday? If you are between the ages of 6 and 17 come and learn to design with the Her Universe team and Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein. This three-hour session is free with a WonderCon badge and no experience is needed. During this three-hour session, junior designers will learn how to bring their ideas to life with a step-by-step tutorial of the fashion design process. We encourage junior designers of all skill levels to just come with their imagination and get ready to learn and sketch out their designs! Parents are welcome to attend, participate and ask questions! Room 204C

2:00–4:00 Gaming Creator Connection—The Gaming Creator Connection (GCC) is an opportunity for aspiring and learning game developers to receive valuable advice, insights, and mentoring from seasoned veterans of the game industry with diverse experiences in production, programming, art, business development, and more. The Gaming Creator Connection is organized and run by professional game developers, including a former executive director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA). The GCC is a perfect opportunity to seek expert guidance on a wide range of topics pertaining to the development of your career. The Gaming Creator Connection is only available to those who have signed up in advance; sign-ups were available on the WonderCon website. Room 204C

5:00–6:00 Comic Pitch Review—If you’re a writer or artist attending the Comic Creator Connection, this is your chance to practice giving your pitch before the event and get some invaluable help from a professional writer and speaker coach. A pitch is simply a way to present yourself or your project to others. It is usually a brief speech designed to persuade your listener into supporting what you’re doing or what you’ve made. Most creators have no trouble coming up with great ideas for new comics, but they often struggle to speak clearly and concisely about those ideas to other people. Giving a good pitch is a vital skill in bringing your project to life. Pitch reviews will be conducted by Douglas Neff, a professional speechwriter, speaker coach, and host of the Comic Creator Connection. This is not a panel. Instead, these are three- to five-minute individual coaching sessions for as many people as can be accommodated in the scheduled time. Spaces are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis, and observers are welcome. Room 204C

7:00–9:00 Comic Creator Connection—Are you a writer with a great idea for a comic book series, but you can’t draw? Or maybe you’re an artist looking to illustrate an incredible story, but you can’t write. WonderCon is proud to once again host the Comic Creator Connection, a fast-paced networking event that puts writers and artists together to help them meet new creative partners. Here’s how it works: In a two-hour period, writers and artists will sit down across from each other at a table. (And by artists, we mean pencillers, inkers, colorists, etc.—all are welcome!) Then, in five-minute sessions, you will talk one-on-one with each other about your ideas and skills. At the end of each five-minute period, you will get up and move on to the next person. If you’re interested in furthering the conversation, you’ll exchange contact information. Think of it as speed-dating, but for writers and artists! Sign-ups are taken in advance for this event, but space may still be available on site. Room 204C

Sunday, March 31

11:00–1:00 Writers’ Coffeehouse at WonderCon—Led by author Peter Clines (Dead Moon, Paradox Bound, the Ex-Heroes series, numerous short stories, and countless articles on the film and television industry), this session focuses on the business of prose publishing. The Writers Coffeehouse is a bunch of writers sitting around talking about writing. No agendas, no requirements—just chat about markets, about pitching and selling, about conquering frustration and defeating writer’s block, and about all of the good things that come from the community of writers. It’s open to everyone—from absolute beginners to award-winners and bestsellers. Just show up, hang out, and talk. Or don't talk—lurk in the back and take notes. Room 204C

4:00–5:00 Comics, Coffee, and Conversation—Creator Scott Snyder (Batman, WYTCHES) is joined by comics librarians, educators, and fellow graphic novel enthusiasts for fandom conversations over coffee. Topics will range from how graphic novels are used in education today, how diversity is spreading in the comics community, and information about the new Graphic Novels & Comics Round Table of the American Library Association. Room 204C

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges!

Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 hotel reservation information!

Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2019!

Posted on Mar 13, 2019