Author Topic: Wil Wheaton will be at Comic Con!  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Wil Wheaton will be at Comic Con!
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »
Yeah, we all kind of assumed it, but here's 'confirmation'. You guys have probably figured out by now that I'm a Star Trek fan, and I was part of a Kickstarter campaign to restore the Next Generation Enterprise Bridge. The Facebook page for this campaign has all kinds of pictures of various people supporting their cause. This was just posted recently.

(In case you're wondering, the joke is that the back of the shirt says, 'Shut up Wesley!', so wearing it while appearing with Wil Wheaton... well, you get the idea.)

And if you're into Big Bang Theory, this also implies that the nameless girl who might be interested in Raj could become a recurring character, if they're already planning on bringing her to Comic Con.

ETA: I just figured out that this actress is also on Geek & Sundry, which is why she'll be on a panel with Wil Wheaton. Duh!!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:27:24 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
Re: Wil Wheaton will be at Comic Con!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Reminds me of the part in the Next Gen drinking game that whenever Wesley appeared on the screen, you had to throw something at the tv.  Failure to do so would require one drink.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:47:29 AM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
The Wesley Crushers!

Offline lunate

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
Garfunkel and Oates
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »
Off-topic: Kate Micucci is also one-half of Garfunkel and Oates, a comedy/singing duo. I saw them perform live once. Both singers/actresses have been on a variety of shows, both television (BBT) and internet shows (Geek & Sundry channel). They are so funny!

Here is one of my favorites by them: Me, You and Steve -

I just saw them on TBS's King of the Nerds last week, as guest judges during a song and dance contest.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:59:53 PM »
I was waiting for this announcement

Is it hard to get Wil Wheton's autograph. Not a trekkie, but he wrote the intorduction for a R A Salvatore book and one of my goals is to get the autographs from the various people who wrote intros to the reminted LoD books.

All my copies have both Salvatore and Todd Lockwoods (cover artists) autograph and I have about 3 of the 12 intro authors signatures as well
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:53:30 PM by mllNY »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Yzrfan

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
Last year on preview night him and Ann visited with everyone camping out in the Hall H line.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last year on preview night him and Ann visited with everyone camping out in the Hall H line.

Then i will just carry the book around with me throughout the show  :P

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
I was waiting for this announcement

Is it hard to get Wil Wheton's autograph. Not a trekkie, but he wrote the intorduction for a R A Salvatore book and one of my goals is to get the autographs from the various people who wrote intros to the reminted LoD books.

All my copies have both Salvatore and Todd Lockwoods (cover artists) autograph and I have about 3 of the 12 intro authors signatures as well

I got his autograph on my Wesley Crusher action figure, but that was years ago at a Star Trek Con, before he became 'famous again'.

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »
So I just saw that WW will be at Wizard World Comic Cons (Both Philly and NY) but it seems kind of stupid to spend $60 or $45 depending on which convention I would go to and still pay $30 (his autograph fee at the show) just to get the autograph at the show. Just hoping he's easy to get to at SDCC.

Slightly OT but in the other con thread I haven't seen any of these Wizard Cons mentioned, anyone have any opinions

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
There aren't any Wizard Cons near me, so I haven't had a chance to experience one.

However I have heard that they have a bad reputation because they have had to cancel some cons with little warning? Do I have the right group?

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »
I heard that he's become a little less accommodating about non organized signings after he got mobbed late at night in the Gaslamp a few years ago.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:27 PM »
I heard that he's become a little less accommodating about non organized signings after he got mobbed late at night in the Gaslamp a few years ago.

I don't mind paying, though to be honest would prefer if I just happened to catch him as he was around. But I'm not going to pay the show price and his fee just to get the autograph when 2 weeks later he'll be in San Diego

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
It is my understanding that after each Wootstock show, the entire cast (including Wil) hangs around and autographs Wootstock poster for anyone who wants them.

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
Re: Garfunkel and Oates
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
Off-topic: Kate Micucci is also one-half of Garfunkel and Oates, a comedy/singing duo. I saw them perform live once. Both singers/actresses have been on a variety of shows, both television (BBT) and internet shows (Geek & Sundry channel). They are so funny!

Here is one of my favorites by them: Me, You and Steve -

I just saw them on TBS's King of the Nerds last week, as guest judges during a song and dance contest.

She also plays Shelly on Raising Hope.