Author Topic: NYCC Lottery Open for Legacy Fans  (Read 9977 times)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Re: NYCC Lottery Open for Legacy Fans
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If someone added my email as one of their +1s and they won a panel, should I have gotten an email? Because I did not.
If they did like last you. You should have.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2019, 11:09:03 AM »
If someone added my email as one of their +1s and they won a panel, should I have gotten an email? Because I did not.

Reedpop says yes but we learned last year that the system doesn't work as they say it does.  My friends are married, they entered all the same things and put each others email in.   One won a panel and the other did not.  No one else put their names in anything.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:02:29 PM »

Offline deckard99

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2019, 12:16:56 PM »
I joined the lottery for myself, my wife, and daughter (so 3 separate lottery entries). We each have 4 day tickets and I listed our all our emails in each lottery. I won a Thursday panel but my wife and daughter never got an email, just me. My daughter won a Saturday panel and my wife and I didn’t get the emails for that either.

Does anyone know if the person who won has to attend with their guests or can the guests get in on their own? My daughter isn’t really into the Saturday panel but my wife and I want to go.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
I joined the lottery for myself, my wife, and daughter (so 3 separate lottery entries). We each have 4 day tickets and I listed our all our emails in each lottery. I won a Thursday panel but my wife and daughter never got an email, just me. My daughter won a Saturday panel and my wife and I didn’t get the emails for that either.

Does anyone know if the person who won has to attend with their guests or can the guests get in on their own? My daughter isn’t really into the Saturday panel but my wife and I want to go.

I went as someone's +1 a couple of years ago and it's tied to your badge, so you can go separately. I came in later than my friend who had won and had no issues getting in. She just saved a seat for me.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Ultron32

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »
Has anyone seen any reports of someone getting an email that they won as a +1?
NYCC 2009-2021

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2019, 02:49:56 AM »
HEY NYCC LEGACY FANS—we're sorry for any confusion caused with our lottery post last night. Our dev team has informed us that all Legacy fans are AUTOMATICALLY re-entered into the lottery with their prior choices if they didn't win last week.

(2/2) That's the reason why it isn't letting you re-enter today. There is NO ACTION needed from you. You've been entered for your second chance at winning. Good luck! And sorry for any pre-NYCC stress caused. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].

Offline deckard99

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2019, 04:03:04 AM »
Has anyone seen any reports of someone getting an email that they won as a +1?

The emails I saw all say the same thing.

“You’ve been chosen as a lucky winner of the NYCC 2019 Lottery! Note: if you did not select the panel listed below that means one of your friends stated that they wanted to bring you with them if they were chosen as a winner. Thank your friend for being so kind to you!”
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 09:23:55 PM by deckard99 »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 09:37:51 AM »
Why did I just get a random lottery signing win at 12:32 pm 2 days after?  This was on a 4 day badge that won nothing... I was under the impression that non-winners would be reentered, so why am i winning a 4th choice signing 2 days after, thus eliminating my 4-day badge from winning anything in the general pool next Monday???   They have got to get their act together... its a sh** show now.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »
Weird that's there's been no word yet for last week's lottery stuff. Said that notifications were going out today.

Anyone get anything from the legacy lottery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »
Weird that's there's been no word yet for last week's lottery stuff. Said that notifications were going out today.

Anyone get anything from the legacy lottery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is they will be later today.  They are not known for running the lottery very well.

I will say if there was a contest for winning sucky lotteries, CCI would win.  theirs is straight forward and tends to run how they say it will. 

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2019, 03:08:27 PM »
One of my friends won a panel last week and got the email at 4am. I'm expecting chaos.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline deckard99

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2019, 04:05:33 PM »
My daughter won a panel and my wife and I were listed as friends (we filled it out together). But only she got the email confirmation of winning so I don’t know if they will let in me and my wife. I emailed and received a reply that they are looking into it. I’ve heard nothing since then.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
My daughter won a panel and my wife and I were listed as friends (we filled it out together). But only she got the email confirmation of winning so I don’t know if they will let in me and my wife. I emailed and received a reply that they are looking into it. I’ve heard nothing since then.

FYI that function has never worked even though they claim it does.  Glad you emailed!   They need to know it doesn't really work. 

Offline deckard99

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
FYI that function has never worked even though they claim it does.  Glad you emailed!   They need to know it doesn't really work.

Doesn’t work as in the notification emails? Or that the people you list as friends actually get counted as winners too? I’m terrified that my wife and I will be rejected at the door.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2019, 05:11:24 PM »
Not the actual lottery, but I just got an email saying I won tickets for the A Night With M. Night that's on Thursday night at Hammerstein. It was a separate lottery.