Author Topic: Conan 2019  (Read 40796 times)

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
Re: Conan 2019 Yes or No?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 06:03:25 AM »
So how does the Conan offsite work? Is it some type of lottery? If so, when do you submit your names?

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So how does the Conan offsite work? Is it some type of lottery? If so, when do you submit your names?
Hello! It is a lottery through the 1iota website; however, "winning" the lottery still requires to line-up at the ticket distribution site. This offsite has become so popular that having a 1iota reservation does not always equate to a ticket to the event. There will be an announcement once the tickets are available; last year was on 9 July.

Here is an article from last years sale for reference. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Conan 2019
« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:51:00 AM »

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »
Hello! It is a lottery through the 1iota website; however, "winning" the lottery still requires to line-up at the ticket distribution site. This offsite has become so popular that having a 1iota reservation does not always equate to a ticket to the event. There will be an announcement once the tickets are available; last year was on 9 July.

Here is an article from last years sale for reference. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »

Which offsite?  The show taping was a lottery.  The comedy club was a straight up first come first served sign up.

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 12:19:02 PM »
Which offsite?  The show taping was a lottery.  The comedy club was a straight up first come first served sign up.

I was actually talking about the taping. I didn't even know about the comedy show.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 12:33:31 PM »
I was actually talking about the taping. I didn't even know about the comedy show.

A lot of people didn't.  The comedy club was way easier to get into.  They also gave away the Conan Pops there.  My call is no taping this year, but that they will bring back the comedy club.  The taping was there to promote the TBS show.  The comedy club was there to promote Conan.  I don't think that TBS had anything to do with it, but I could be wrong.  To me, it seems like it would make the most natural continuation of Conan presence at comic-con.  He may have even had that in mind last year when he started it.  Since by then he probably already knew the show was getting cut back to half an hour.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 12:57:37 PM »
The comedy house was presented by TBS... I found the link in the old offsite thread, and it's still active. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So it's likely any Conan presence this year will still be dictated/influenced by TBS.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 11:35:10 AM »
My guess based off of zero info is no conan taping but he will have the comedy house and moderate some panels. It's too bad as we've made conan taping on wed a tradition last few years. Hopefully some more off sites open earlier this year to check out wed before preview night.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:36 PM »
I'm glad they figured out a better process last year and didn't allow the crazy standby lineup. But wouldn't be surprised if the theater event doesn't return. It was really fun, but probably larger scale than they want to deal with anymore. It would be cool to bring back the comedy club event - I didn't get to check that out last year.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
moderate some panels.

Like official SDCC panels or offsite panels?  I know most of the offsites with panels have stopped, but I honestly haven't been to the Conan offsite so I don't know what it has (besides the show taping).  If official SDCC panels, has he done it before?  Because if not, he'd be a great addition to the line up.  It'd be a bit different than being a show host where he's the center just as much as the guest is, but I think he could strike a balance.  He's been asking celebs questions for decades so I think he could do it.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:52 PM »
Like official SDCC panels or offsite panels?  I know most of the offsites with panels have stopped, but I honestly haven't been to the Conan offsite so I don't know what it has (besides the show taping).  If official SDCC panels, has he done it before?  Because if not, he'd be a great addition to the line up.  It'd be a bit different than being a show host where he's the center just as much as the guest is, but I think he could strike a balance.  He's been asking celebs questions for decades so I think he could do it.
I meant official. I've been to a few hall h panels that he was moderator for. He was great as to be expected. Think he also hosted that star trek screening and panel a couple years back.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 12:35:17 PM »
I meant official. I've been to a few hall h panels that he was moderator for. He was great as to be expected. Think he also hosted that star trek screening and panel a couple years back.

Oh wow! I totally missed that.  That's awesome.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 08:27:01 AM »

He hosted the Star Trek: Beyond Movie Premier

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 09:38:45 PM »
coco house was both the highlight and lowlight of last year.  because i went to two different shows.  one was fantastic.  the other................

it was cool because a lot of them were after 5pm.  some even 11pm.  conan showed up to one of the shows i went to outside.  took a picture and autographed for anyone who wanted.  seemed like a good guy. 

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2019, 10:45:02 PM »
coco house was both the highlight and lowlight of last year.  because i went to two different shows.  one was fantastic.  the other................

it was cool because a lot of them were after 5pm.  some even 11pm.  conan showed up to one of the shows i went to outside.  took a picture and autographed for anyone who wanted.  seemed like a good guy.

What was wrong with the other, non-fantastic show?