Author Topic: SDCC 2022 PROOF OF VACCINATION POLICY/COVID TESTING POLICY  (Read 8475 times)

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
Re: SDCC 2022 PROOF OF VACCINATION POLICY/COVID TESTING POLICY
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2022, 07:57:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good idea to review this early to avoid frustration later when you are denied entry because of improper documentation.  Photos of your vaccine card must include pictures of the FRONT and BACK.

Sent from my ???? using

Gonna have to schedule my test for when we arrive in CA. Anyone got some good testing sites that will be accepted at the Con?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2022, 08:43:28 AM »
Gonna have to schedule my test for when we arrive in CA. Anyone got some good testing sites that will be accepted at the Con?

Where are you going to be staying? It would make sense to get the testing done asap when you land in CA
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:46:38 AM »

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
SDCC 2022 PROOF OF VACCINATION POLICY/COVID TESTING POLICY
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2022, 03:25:42 PM »
For those who are not yet vaccinated and still plan to come, keep in mind you need to have completed the vaccine series 14 days prior to start of SDCC.  So last dose of the series should be obtained by 7/14/22(Moderna and Pfizer are both 2 dose series requiring either 3 to 4 weeks between doses, J&J one dose). If going the  “no shot,  testing route”,   CVS Pharmacy offers both PCR and antigen tests(PCR can take 24-72  hrs to get back, antigen usually same day).   I don’t think the CVS pharmacies  near the convention center have “Minute Clinics”  which I think is where the tests are run.  I’m sure a Google search could help identify other  testing sites. Would probably not count on just walking in to get a test though, better schedule it ahead of time. Choosing to not get vaccinated prior to the event means you run the risk of not being able to attend because of a positive test.

Sent from my ???? using

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2022, 03:35:20 PM »
Here is the county testing sites. I am not sure if they accept folks who aren't from SD County!

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2022, 10:03:39 PM »

I wonder if they will accept test results that are self administered while someone monitors through video call.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2022, 04:34:05 AM »
Reading that info, they also want a picture of the back of the card.  Aside from the default text, the back of my card has no info written in it.  I wonder why they want the back as well.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 04:39:57 AM »
Reading that info, they also want a picture of the back of the card.  Aside from the default text, the back of my card has no info written in it.  I wonder why they want the back as well.
Maybe an attempt to weed out fake cards that may not have the correct text on the back? 

Sent from my ???? using

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:57 AM »

This has been a requirement since Comic Con Special Edition. They want to see both sides of the vaccine with your ID or show them the digital proof from your smartphone’s wallet with your ID.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 01:23:46 PM »
Some of the vax cards I've seen have hand-written script, while some have stickers.  I've seen some where the nurse or whomever wrote big and needed the back for even the 2nd dose.

I can confirm that both WonderCon and SDCC SE the staffers did check both sides of the card, even though my back is also blank currently (though when I get a 4th dose the back will be utilized)

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
I've seen some where the nurse or whomever wrote big and needed the back for even the 2nd dose.

Mine is like this... I actually have a second card for the booster b/c the first two shots were written way too big. :(

But I just use the QR code from the State of Ca most of the time.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 04:37:46 PM »
Mine is like this... I actually have a second card for the booster b/c the first two shots were written way too big. :(

But I just use the QR code from the State of Ca most of the time.
Unfortunately, southern states like TN don’t offer QR code vaccine records

Sent from my ???? using

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 06:01:45 AM »
Where are you going to be staying? It would make sense to get the testing done asap when you land in CA

We are arriving Tuesday but staying with some friends up in Pendleton that night. Staying at the Westin (non gaslamp) for the Con

I wonder if they will accept test results that are self administered while someone monitors through video call.

Most places don’t. I came to SD for a concert with some girlfriends in Feb. and they would not accept an at home test.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:29:36 PM by Devorah »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »
We are arriving Tuesday but staying with some friends up in Pendleton that night. Staying at the Westin (non gaslamp) for the Con

Most places don’t. I came to SD for a concert with some girlfriends in Feb. and they would not accept an at home test.

Moderator's note:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login your two posts above have been combined into one. Reminder that the forum rules don't allow double posting. If you want to respond to two posts back to back you can do so in one post by scrolling down below the text box and clicking Insert Quote on the other posts you want to respond to. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »
Moderator's note:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login your two posts above have been combined into one. Reminder that the forum rules don't allow double posting. If you want to respond to two posts back to back you can do so in one post by scrolling down below the text box and clicking Insert Quote on the other posts you want to respond to. Thanks for your understanding.

How crazy is it that I have been on here for years and didn't know that?  Excited to use this new trick!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 02:55:39 PM »
without needing to get the details of why it is

It is possible to be in a Schrodinger's Cat state and be both negative, due to a rapid test and positive, due to a long test.

IOW, if you're getting over covid & attending a convention that requires a test result, the test that will show you true communicative status is the rapid test.