Author Topic: Member ID Page Question  (Read 1996 times)

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
Member ID Page Question
« on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:59 AM »
Hello everyone - I clicked on the Member ID login link so I could log into my member Id and check some info and when the Member ID Page main page appeared it had a time running saying that I had 8 minutes to complete registration and the clock was running down - but I hadn't even clicked on the prompt for me to log into  my own Member ID page - Needless to say, I exited the page just in case there was something going on that would affect me actually logging in.

So, my question is: Has any else experienced this? If so, what is it - I know that Pro Reg is running and WonderCon Reg is starting - but I hadn't even logged into to anything.

Thanks to anyone that knows what is going on with Member ID page.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Re: Member ID Page Question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 10:03:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello everyone - I clicked on the Member ID login link so I could log into my member Id and check some info and when the Member ID Page main page appeared it had a time running saying that I had 8 minutes to complete registration and the clock was running down - but I hadn't even clicked on the prompt for me to log into  my own Member ID page - Needless to say, I exited the page just in case there was something going on that would affect me actually logging in.

So, my question is: Has any else experienced this? If so, what is it - I know that Pro Reg is running and WonderCon Reg is starting - but I hadn't even logged into to anything.

Thanks to anyone that knows what is going on with Member ID page.
I believe this is because they are running the WonderCon badge sale right now, hence the countdown clock.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:42:43 AM »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 10:25:18 AM »
I believe this is because they are running the WonderCon badge sale right now, hence the countdown clock.

How can the clock be running telling me I have so many minutes to complete my registration when I haven't even logged into my Member ID page?

Also, at the time I was doing this, the Wondercon webpage didn't any Wondercon 2023 registratction info posted yet.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 10:40:56 AM »
How can the clock be running telling me I have so many minutes to complete my registration when I haven't even logged into my Member ID page?

Also, at the time I was doing this, the Wondercon webpage didn't any Wondercon 2023 registratction info posted yet.
It's a Queue-It thing. For some reason they feel it necessary to limit the number of people connecting to the MemberID portal during the WonderCon badge sale.
I think you get 15 minutes to log in, complete your registration selections, and check out.
They probably modified the portal code prior to updating the badge sale info page.

In the meantime, you can log into the MemberID portal and do other things besides buying badges.

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 12:40:28 AM »
Just thought I would share this: one of our buying group members accidentally hit the "cancel/refund" tab located just below the "check status" tab on the member ID page and now she is begging CCI to restore her badge.  In her defense, she is a first time attendee, a mom of young children, and she was checking her badge status late at night while dead tired to confirm what days her badge was for so as to book her family's Air BNB stay (and that is an entirely other issue many of us have counseled her on...but I digress) so in other words, she really didn't know what she was doing.  I bring this up because I was wondering if anyone else here has any thoughts on the re-design of the Member ID Page and the addition of the "cancel/refund" tab, and perhaps it's proximity to the "check status" tab?  We are trying to convince CCI that it might be a poor design choice, and to please restore her badge.  Since it is a NEW feature, please be careful.  CCI says that even if one does select the feature, it has to be confirmed, but I'm not gonna test it.  We are hoping that since her husband did NOT cancel his badge that that would indicate her cancellation was indeed in error, and of course, that they might see our point, that the cancel feature is just too easy to click in error, especially for someone not computer saavy.  It's really sad, after years of trying to get a badge, we were able to get her one and then "whups"!

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 05:39:25 AM »
Just thought I would share this: one of our buying group members accidentally hit the "cancel/refund" tab located just below the "check status" tab on the member ID page and now she is begging CCI to restore her badge.  In her defense, she is a first time attendee, a mom of young children, and she was checking her badge status late at night while dead tired to confirm what days her badge was for so as to book her family's Air BNB stay (and that is an entirely other issue many of us have counseled her on...but I digress) so in other words, she really didn't know what she was doing.  I bring this up because I was wondering if anyone else here has any thoughts on the re-design of the Member ID Page and the addition of the "cancel/refund" tab, and perhaps it's proximity to the "check status" tab?  We are trying to convince CCI that it might be a poor design choice, and to please restore her badge.  Since it is a NEW feature, please be careful.  CCI says that even if one does select the feature, it has to be confirmed, but I'm not gonna test it.  We are hoping that since her husband did NOT cancel his badge that that would indicate her cancellation was indeed in error, and of course, that they might see our point, that the cancel feature is just too easy to click in error, especially for someone not computer saavy.  It's really sad, after years of trying to get a badge, we were able to get her one and then "whups"!

I had bought a badge for a friend who can't attend now and when cancelling their badge I don't recall there being a confirmation step. I think it was just one click on the cancellation button and that was it. The badge was now cancelled instantly. Maybe I'm misremembering it but I def recall thinking it was a bit easy to cancel the badge.

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 06:03:15 AM »
I had bought a badge for a friend who can't attend now and when cancelling their badge I don't recall there being a confirmation step. I think it was just one click on the cancellation button and that was it. The badge was now cancelled instantly. Maybe I'm misremembering it but I def recall thinking it was a bit easy to cancel the badge.

Yikes!  :o 
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 06:26:46 AM »
Yikes!  :o

I'm open to correction over how exactly it worked and I'm not exactly going to test it out by risking my own badge!

However it was definitely very easy/quick as a process to cancel the badge and given the impact of doing so if there's not already then there would be no harm in having an additional confirmation step in the process before allowing the cancellation go through.

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 09:52:25 AM »

"I had bought a badge for a friend who can't attend now and when cancelling their badge I don't recall there being a confirmation step. I think it was just one click on the cancellation button and that was it. The badge was now cancelled instantly. Maybe I'm misremembering it but I def recall thinking it was a bit easy to cancel the badge."

Friends, I cannot thank you all enough for your input here, this is very helpful.  CCI is telling us that it is a two step operation, but if it is a one click and you are done then it is a very dangerous button to have on there.  Any delete function should be two step function as in: "You are canceling your badge, please click here to confirm that you want to cancel your badge."
I'm open to correction over how exactly it worked and I'm not exactly going to test it out by risking my own badge!

However it was definitely very easy/quick as a process to cancel the badge and given the impact of doing so if there's not already then there would be no harm in having an additional confirmation step in the process before allowing the cancellation go through.

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 10:06:30 AM »
I am hoping that CCI is receptive to her defense and restore her badge and take steps to safeguard that Cancel function so that others don't make the same mistake.