Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34385 times)

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it would affect the SDCC experience.  You would also have the potential unintended consequence of everyone trying for every panel.  You would also have to clear the rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes clearing the room would be needed.  But you could not try for every panel you would get a certain amount allowed similar to how funko and signings are handled.
Here is how SXSW does it for example (Which is way larger than sdcc). You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline NuncleJoel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
Yes clearing the room would be needed.  But you could not try for every panel you would get a certain amount allowed similar to how funko and signings are handled.
Here is how SXSW does it for example (Which is way larger than sdcc). You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You would also be punishing people who signed up for back to back panels.  They would lose their seat and be at the end of the line to get back in the room.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
You would also be punishing people who signed up for back to back panels.  They would lose their seat and be at the end of the line to get back in the room.

They would be welcome to leave the panel early....or pair up with someone not in the panel to hold their spot.
It's not perfect, nothing is.  I'm just stating that this method that both Disney and SXSW use could be implemented at SDCC to help eliminate lines, especially lines you may be standing in and have no chance to get into. 
For example I know I have stood in line over an hour for a panel that I did not get into, mater a fact no one in the line got in as people had filled the room 2 hours early and didn't leave.  So not only did people wait with no chance to get in, but many people didn't get to see the earlier (lower demand) panels as people were just filling seats to have them later in the day.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
I tried for the ROTR boarding groups this past Saturday and got group 128 which was never called.

I’ll be trying again this Friday and then again next Tuesday.   I just have to say though that it’s an extremely stressful process, almost like if you had to do SDCC registration with hundreds of people around you and then within 2 minutes the process is over.   

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
I tried for the ROTR boarding groups this past Saturday and got group 128 which was never called.

I’ll be trying again this Friday and then again next Tuesday.   I just have to say though that it’s an extremely stressful process, almost like if you had to do SDCC registration with hundreds of people around you and then within 2 minutes the process is over.   
thanks for the feedback- I had no idea they'd give out boarding groups that never were called. that sux
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net

At Disney World or Land?
Headed to Disney World in March and already wondering about this one.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
thanks for the feedback- I had no idea they'd give out boarding groups that never were called. that sux
From 1-82(ish) are guaranteed, and then they also give out a slew of "only up to 82 is guaranteed but if things go well _maybe_ we'll get to your number" - kind of like a 'standby' number.  I think they go up to about 110 before they start issuing the "we're all out for the day" messages, and it looks like they sound messaging out to the effect of "we're not going to get to your number today" to the standby numbers by a certain time.  I have Annual Passes for the fam (for now; when they expire in a few months I don't think we'll renew) and I'm on a few different FB groups following all of this stuff.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
From 1-82(ish) are guaranteed, and then they also give out a slew of "only up to 82 is guaranteed but if things go well _maybe_ we'll get to your number" - kind of like a 'standby' number.  I think they go up to about 110 before they start issuing the "we're all out for the day" messages, and it looks like they sound messaging out to the effect of "we're not going to get to your number today" to the standby numbers by a certain time.  I have Annual Passes for the fam (for now; when they expire in a few months I don't think we'll renew) and I'm on a few different FB groups following all of this stuff.

my ap runs out at the end of may. I will not be renewing.
the rest of disney holds very little interest for me.

i keep thinking i'll head up someday mid week & try for it. But i'm going to try and time it for a dead day //HA
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
My visit was at Disneyland btw.   I’m off from work tomorrow and will be attempting again, this time with 2-3 devices trying to get into the server.   Since you can be let into Main Street 30 minutes before opening, I’ll try to use the time to run connection speed tests and hopefully that will help.    Gotta put the extensive experience with virtual queues to use, right?   I just have to get on the ride, especially if I overhear so many Star Wars Muggles screaming about how it’s one of the greatest things they’ve ever experienced.   

Offline Xio

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
My visit was at Disneyland btw.   I’m off from work tomorrow and will be attempting again, this time with 2-3 devices trying to get into the server.   Since you can be let into Main Street 30 minutes before opening, I’ll try to use the time to run connection speed tests and hopefully that will help.    Gotta put the extensive experience with virtual queues to use, right?   I just have to get on the ride, especially if I overhear so many Star Wars Muggles screaming about how it’s one of the greatest things they’ve ever experienced.
How do you use multiple devices? Is it just you or will there be other people in your group?

I'm going next month and should probably figure this all out before I get there, lol

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
So I got on Rise of the Resistance last Friday with boarding group #38.    Turns out that I didn’t even use the extra devices I brought to try to log on.   

Easily, easily one of the greatest Star Wars related, or any fandom for that matter, experiences one could ever have!!!!  The level of immersion is unbeatable and when you see things like the Rey’s mission briefing to you via holonet , you’re convinced it’s real.   It’s not special effects of Daisy Ridley playing Rey reading a script to you, it’s Rey herself addressing you the Resistance recruit.   Easily one of the greatest fandom experiences you can ever have, do everything you can to have a chance to experience it!   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:58:53 AM by brand4d2 »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
Pretty happy Smugglers Run was added to fast pass.  Switched to that on Thursday before they all filled up for my trip in March.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Pretty happy Smugglers Run was added to fast pass.  Switched to that on Thursday before they all filled up for my trip in March.
best news yet, thx You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i don't want to drive up there from SD & not get in

now to sched SmugRun & Oga's ;) with enough time to sober up for the drive home LOL

argg, just realized this was smugglers run not the new ride
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:17:25 PM by alyssa »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
best news yet, thx You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i don't want to drive up there from SD & not get in

now to sched SmugRun & Oga's ;) with enough time to sober up for the drive home LOL

argg, just realized this was smugglers run not the new ride
Correct, Smugglers Run was just added to Fast Pass for Disney World, not sure about land.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Correct, Smugglers Run was just added to Fast Pass for Disney World, not sure about land.
It's not on the app as a FP option for D-land