Author Topic: 2019 Hall H line buddies  (Read 5506 times)

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
2019 Hall H line buddies
« on: May 18, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
Is it too soon or too late to ask about Hall H line buddies?  My daughter and I want to camp out this year, especially if there's a Star Wars panel.  It will be our first time, so of course we've never done the line buddy thing.  Anyone know how they work?

Offline Gunnerjed

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: 2019 Hall H line buddies
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »
I've never been before, attending thursday and sunday. Would love to go to Hall H (depending on whats on those days) so I'm interested in line buddies depending on how they work...

following for more info

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:46:34 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've never been before, attending thursday and sunday. Would love to go to Hall H (depending on whats on those days) so I'm interested in line buddies depending on how they work...

following for more info

You won't need line buddies for Sunday.  There's no line for Hall H much of the time.  On Sunday, I've gotten into panels for popular properties by strolling in at the last moment.

Now if you must be in the first 2 rows, then you might need to camp out to ensure that.  But even that isn't necessary.  I've gotten into the first row or two before by showing up for the panel beforehand and then making the move up between panels.  That can be tricky.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:26:42 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline Gunnerjed

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
You won't need line buddies for Sunday.  There's no line for Hall H much of the time.  On Sunday, I've gotten into panels for popular properties by strolling in at the last moment.

Now if you must be in the first 2 rows, then you might need to camp out to ensure that.  But even that isn't necessary.  I've gotten into the first row or two before by showing up for the panel beforehand and then making the move up between panels.  That can be tricky.

great, thanks- now i just need to hope for something im interested in on sunday. It would be cool to go to Hall H

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »

great, thanks- now i just need to hope for something im interested in on sunday. It would be cool to go to Hall H

Hall H is variable.  It can have some great stuff on Sunday, Supernatural, Dr. Who, Deadpool.  It can have some stuff that makes you wonder why it's even in Hall H.  But that's also a plus if a lightly attended panel comes right before a blockbuster one.  That happened last year for Deadpool.  There was a lightly attended panel before it.  Many people even left that instead of wait for the next panel, Deadpool.  It was the panel for the blu-ray release so it was unclear who would show up.  Who did they bring?  Ryan Reynolds.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 01:31:18 PM »
Usually everyone camping for hall h on Sunday is for supernatural. I’m sure it will be big again becuase it’s the last year iirc. Mischa Collins is usually awesome about showing up to the line. With it being their last season it’s a good possibility Jared and Jensen might also show up again to the line. With no marvel last year, it was pretty much ok to walk in every day. Maybe the wb panel Saturday morning wasn’t but that’s it I think. Just depends on how close in the room you want to be. If you’re solo it’s much easier to move around the room to if you want to be close
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
Usually everyone camping for hall h on Sunday is for supernatural. I’m sure it will be big again becuase it’s the last year iirc. Mischa Collins is usually awesome about showing up to the line. With it being their last season it’s a good possibility Jared and Jensen might also show up again to the line. With no marvel last year, it was pretty much ok to walk in every day. Maybe the wb panel Saturday morning wasn’t but that’s it I think. Just depends on how close in the room you want to be. If you’re solo it’s much easier to move around the room to if you want to be close

Supernatural Sundays is what got me going to Hall H on Sunday.  Before then, I didn't give any thought into even trying to get into Hall H.  I didn't want to stand in a massive line.  But I was on the floor one Sunday morning and the person that happened to be standing next me got a phone call.  When it ended he told me that there was no line for Supernatural in Hall H.  He didn't have to say it twice.  I headed straight over and there was indeed no line.

But being it's the last year, I expect there to be a line and probably a pretty massive one at that.  Let's hope there's a t-shirt like the sweet anniversary one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:19:03 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »
Im going to be looking for a line buddy for Saturdays Hall H. I dont mind missing the stuff on Friday. I assume Star Wars will be friday like it was a frw years ago but who knows.

But I want to see DC and Marvel.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:26:24 PM by FlamedLiquid »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »
Since this is happening, gentle reminder to keep your exact line up times out of the thread.  As soon as someone publicly states what time they are lining up, people will try to beat that stated time.  Keep your times to private messages and, if you get a time that doesn't work for you in private message, don't spread that time around.  Just accept it's not an acceptable line up time for you and pick one that works. 

All of this warning is an attempt to keep the line from being, like, ten weeks long lol (this is obviously an exaggeration.. for NOW).

And with that warning out of the way, I'm not sure if I'd rather do Star Wars or Marvel.  I've got a group of friends that usually line up every year but I don't know what their plan is yet.  I'll be keeping an eye out here in case my friends decide they don't want to do it this year.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 09:56:13 PM »
Since this is happening, gentle reminder to keep your exact line up times out of the thread.  As soon as someone publicly states what time they are lining up, people will try to beat that stated time.  Keep your times to private messages and, if you get a time that doesn't work for you in private message, don't spread that time around.  Just accept it's not an acceptable line up time for you and pick one that works. 

All of this warning is an attempt to keep the line from being, like, ten weeks long lol (this is obviously an exaggeration.. for NOW).

And with that warning out of the way, I'm not sure if I'd rather do Star Wars or Marvel.  I've got a group of friends that usually line up every year but I don't know what their plan is yet.  I'll be keeping an eye out here in case my friends decide they don't want to do it this year.

Thank you for posting a reminder/warning in this thread regarding line-up times and keeping them in private, off-forum conversations, @Angel_!  (You beat me to it, ha ha!  ^__~)

Since the lines get crazier every year (and it looks like that won't be changing any time soon), we, the global mods and admins, advise all participating in line-related discussions to refrain from posting times and the like to prevent a snowball effect of people (who may or may not be from this site) trying to line up earlier and earlier, thus causing problems for fellow attendees and convention center security in maintaining those lines.

I may even suggest using Discord, Slack, Facebook, or some other form of social media chat app to coordinate people and line-up times as it gets closer to Comic-Con.  ^__~ (Actually, there are a few forum members that do this already, but they haven't posted anything about this yet--it might be too early, ha ha.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
Thank you for posting a reminder/warning in this thread regarding line-up times and keeping them in private, off-forum conversations, @Angel_!  (You beat me to it, ha ha!  ^__~)

Since the lines get crazier every year (and it looks like that won't be changing any time soon), we, the global mods and admins, advise all participating in line-related discussions to refrain from posting times and the like to prevent a snowball effect of people (who may or may not be from this site) trying to line up earlier and earlier, thus causing problems for fellow attendees and convention center security in maintaining those lines.

I may even suggest using Discord, Slack, Facebook, or some other form of social media chat app to coordinate people and line-up times as it gets closer to Comic-Con.  ^__~ (Actually, there are a few forum members that do this already, but they haven't posted anything about this yet--it might be too early, ha ha.)

First con last year and I’d say the lines were not crazy AT ALL. I mean, people camped for sure. It just wasn’t necessary. My wife and I had no problems getting wrist bands late in the day/night and then coming back the following morning for first panel of the day.

Showed up not long before each Hall H panel and no problems getting in. Longest wait was probably 30 minutes and went right into the chutes every time.

All this said, we don’t care one bit where we sit so if proximity is anyone’s thing, then early will suit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 02:44:42 PM »
First con last year and I’d say the lines were not crazy AT ALL. I mean, people camped for sure. It just wasn’t necessary. My wife and I had no problems getting wrist bands late in the day/night and then coming back the following morning for first panel of the day.

Showed up not long before each Hall H panel and no problems getting in. Longest wait was probably 30 minutes and went right into the chutes every time.

All this said, we don’t care one bit where we sit so if proximity is anyone’s thing, then early will suit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year was an oddity

Its not always that easy.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »

Last year was an oddity

Its not always that easy.

If no marvel couple with now confirmed no WB it could possibly be the same this year or even easier
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
Unless Star Wars comes in and wrecks Hall H for whatever day that is lol. 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
If no marvel couple with now confirmed no WB it could possibly be the same this year or even easier

As well as no Game of Thrones.