Author Topic: Fox futility vs MCU  (Read 8772 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: Fox futility vs MCU
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It really is mystifying how badly Fox consistently has taken good material and turned it into crap, while Marvel can take "B list" material and make it golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally.  Plus, all Fox has to do is copy Marvel--they have 14 movies as reference.  :)

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »
Finally saw Apocalypse and loathed it. 

It's official that will not be in the top 10 grossers for the year.  I hope this makes Fox rethink the quality of their movies.
It was so bad. I felt like crying after I watched it.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 03:37:32 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2016, 04:40:09 PM »
It was so bad. I felt like crying after I watched it.

Totally agree.  They took 3 movies to retcon their universe and are making it worse.

I'm also not crazy about the fake demand it caused for x-factor 6.

I will admit that the bloopers were very funny.  :)

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »
It strikes me that we may be very well experiencing right now what will be known as the golden age of epic fantasy filmmaking. With Marvel about to hit the apex of its 10-year arc culminating in Infinity War; with DC just maybe finally getting a clue with Wonder Woman and Justice League; and Star Wars in full stride once again, I may just die of a cinegasm. And don't forget Cameron is sitting in the wings with five more Avatar films ready to roll. I mean really, how much awesome can someone ingest before their brain goes full-on Scanners. Comic-con has never been bigger. There are so many of us that it doesn't matter if we're cool. We just tell the cool kids to go suck a xenomorph. We may look back decades from now and say that this was an amazing and historic time to be a fan. I, for one, am going to enjoy every single minute of it with or without my exploded brain parts.