Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211065 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2295 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
I added days to my reservation and feel EXTREMELY lucky.  I tried the same thing a couple years ago (like 2016 or 2017) and it wouldn't let me. 

However, if you are booking dates outside the convention dates (like Tuesday night or Sunday night) you might be able to book directly with the hotel at possibly a lower rate.  Sometimes they can merge your reservation easily.  They won't guarantee that you can stay in the same room, but I've never personally had trouble merging reservations and staying put.  Others may not be so lucky, though.  Could also have to do with the fact I'm a Hilton Honors member and they gave me special perks lol. Both times I merged reservations were at the Hiltons, both Gaslamp and Bayfront.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #2296 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:41 PM »
I shortened my stay from Thursday - Monday to Friday and Saturday, and I just logged in right now to see if I could add those days back and yeah they're available even Wednesday. Maybe because I'm a member or because I already had them there in the first place. idk lol

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2297 on: Today at 07:58:48 AM »

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #2297 on: April 24, 2019, 02:34:14 PM »
Probably because nobody has been able to book them since the time you cancelled them.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #2298 on: April 24, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
I have a question.... is the link for the wait list unique or is it just a common link that they send out to all?
If it is unique, I have one that I don't need and wouldn't mind sharing it.

They sent out the wait list link already?  I got the email but no link.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #2299 on: April 24, 2019, 04:58:56 PM »
That was awesome of you though :D  You might not be going to any panels, but hey there is plenty of stuff to do outside the con and at some of the hotels (like the gaming lounges and stuff).  So all is not lost ~

And may the waitlist be ever in our favor.

Yeah not getting in on Saturday will be a new one so I’ll try the off sites that day. Kind of makes me hope there’s no Marvel panel Saturday now lol. Will just have to make the most of the other days
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #2300 on: April 24, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »

Yeah exactly. I thought that didn’t go out until next week
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #2301 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »
From the Wait List email:

2019 Waitlist Process
On Monday, April 29, those who requested to be on the waitlist will have the first opportunity to book from any remaining Comic-Con hotel inventory. An email will be sent to you from [email protected] and will include the waitlist link.
If you choose to book a hotel, you will be required to pay a deposit equal to two (2) night's room rate plus tax for each reservation at the time of booking. Inventory will be limited and will sell quickly. Be sure to check your email on Monday, April 29.

So watch your email on Monday.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #2302 on: April 24, 2019, 07:30:48 PM »
monday is gonna be a loooooooooooong day

Offline lrdavis28

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #2303 on: April 24, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
monday is gonna be a loooooooooooong day

round 3, bring it

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2304 on: April 24, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »
If you did not receive a waitlist email and declined their offer, what happens next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravT77

« Reply #2305 on: April 24, 2019, 08:47:05 PM »
If you did not receive a waitlist email and declined their offer, what happens next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See you in 2020! Lol! I’m sure you can access the leftover sale via someone else’s link. I’ve seen several request for that and haven’t seen anyone shoot it down yet.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #2306 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:28 AM »
Yes, that is the easiest way to transfer a room.
If the reservation hasn't been activated yet, you should have them activate it, and send you both the original email, and the activation code, so you can create an account for the reservation.
Once you create your account, you will need to provide payment information for the deposit, and add yourself as an occupant.
Then you should change the email address from the original owner to yourself so all future emails will come to you directly.
Hope this helps.

We are a little stuck.  Here's what we did so far:

Step 1: Click the "add credit card" button on the forwarded email.

Step 2: Put in the email address of the person who is giving the room in the page that shows up because putting in our own email doesn't work.

Step 3: Got the activation code from the person giving the room.

Step 4: Got in and changed the email and password.

Step 5: When putting credit card info in, the contact details of the person who gave the room is on top.  There is a message: "Payment must be attached to this individual by 04/10/2016 or the reservation will be cancelled."

Step 5 is where we are stuck.  Does the message regarding "this individual" apply to the person who gave the room?  We are sort of afraid to enter a credit card if only the person giving the room can use it.  If we put one of us in the box for Person 1, does that become the primary name on the room?  What did everyone else do?  Any help would be appreciated.

[member=1240]Angie[/member] I noticed you posted on a thread regarding getting a room with a message like this last year.  Did you have any problems?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 12:51:26 AM by puppy »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2307 on: April 25, 2019, 04:38:45 AM »

Step 2: Put in the email address of the person who is giving the room in the page that shows up because putting in our own email doesn't work.

Step 5: When putting credit card info in, the contact details of the person who gave the room is on top.  There is a message: "Payment must be attached to this individual by 04/10/2016 or the reservation will be cancelled."

Step 5 is where we are stuck.  Does the message regarding "this individual" apply to the person who gave the room?  We are sort of afraid to enter a credit card if only the person giving the room can use it.  If we put one of us in the box for Person 1, does that become the primary name on the room?  What did everyone else do?  Any help would be appreciated.

[member=1240]Angie[/member] I noticed you posted on a thread regarding getting a room with a message like this last year.  Did you have any problems?

After you enter your credit card you will be able to add yourself as an occupant. The original person’s name cannot be deleted online, although you may be able to remove it by calling OnPeak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #2308 on: April 25, 2019, 04:48:07 AM »
no they haven't sent the link.... was asking if when they send it, would it be unique for each person. 
if it is I would share my link to whomever would like it
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2309 on: April 25, 2019, 04:53:34 AM »

[member=8132]puppy[/member] just overwrite the original information with your own payment information and you should be good to go.
Remember to also add yourself in as an occupant on the same page.
After you pay, click on the person's name in the upper right corner and change the contact information to yourself, that way your will receive all the emails from then on.