Author Topic: NYCC 2017 Panels and Screenings  (Read 10848 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: NYCC 2017 Panels and Screenings
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »
Possibly. But not necessarily. Last year there was a huge break between Andy Serkis and Stan Lee.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is 1 1/2 hour break between the Punisher panel and The Walking Dead panel on Saturday. Will there be another panel added in there?

Or the first Episode of Punisher?

I could see them wanting to clear it out and get people in.  I find it odd Walking Dead and Fear of the Walking dead are separate.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 10:40:48 AM »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »
Well I'm sure they will be showing the first episode of the Punisher. Which can make those Netflix panel run long.

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »

I could see them wanting to clear it out and get people in.  I find it odd Walking Dead and Fear of the Walking dead are separate.

I could see them doing this.  Last year Netflix showed 2 full episodes of Troll Hunters before TWD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:12 AM »
Well at SDCC this year, they showed the first five minutes of Punisher before the full first episode of Defenders ...

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »
We all agree it looks promising :)

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »

Keanu Reeves Bringing Sci-Fi Movie 'Replicas' to New York Comic Con

The actor plays a scientist who attempts to bring his late family back to life with cutting edge cloning.

Keanu Reeves is making a return trip to New York Comic Con.

The actor, who made a big splash last year with a big John Wick: Chapter 2 panel, will bring the first footage from his sci-fi feature Replicas to the convention next month.

Replicas stars Reeves as scientist who becomes obsessed with the idea of bringing his family back to life after they are killed in a car crash. His choice of resurrection? Cutting edge cloning technology. Alice Eve also stars as Reeves' wife, with Silicon Valley star Thomas Middleditch also among the cast.

Reeves will be onhand Thursday, Oct. 5 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. in room 1A06 for the Replicas panel, which also features director Jeffrey Nachmanoff and producer Stephen Hamel.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is also producing Replicas, with a script by London Has Fallen writer Chad St. John.

New York Comic Con runs Oct. 5-8.

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 01:26:04 PM »

The panel is now been from 5:15pm to 6:45pm. So there is time for a full-episode screening first.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 10:42:47 AM »
So, NYCC n00b here. I noticed that on Sat, the Madison Square Garden panels don't start until 2pm. Is it typical for those panels to start that late? Or is it likely that a panel will be added before the 2pm panel? How early do people usually start lining up for the MSG panels? It's my understanding that they don't clear the room between panels at MSG, so I imagine this is more of a Hall H situation, with people lining up early so they can camp all day.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »
This is only the second year for panels at MSG, so it's not like there's a real pattern to look at. However, NYCC is always adding panels, so it's possible that there will be something added earlier than 2pm, especially considering that it's Saturday.

I didn't attend any MSG panels last year, but I know the line started early. However, I believe you're not "officially" allowed to line up until 8am?

Oh, also, MSG does not allow outside food/beverages.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
I did MSG panels both days last year, if the lines were "unofficial" they were "official unofficial."  Basically, there are two entrances.  There are metal snake barricades near both entrances.  You're not allowed into those barricades before 8 am.  However, the lines formed outside of those barricades and went around the corner well before 8am.  Earliest people in line got there around 5am.

And yes, last year they were adding panels there until just beforehand.  I think the panel for The Great Wall was announced about a week before.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
But one important thing -- they don't let you out of the barricades and inside to go through security until either 30 minutes or 60 minutes before the first panel.  So on Friday last year, when the first panel started at 10, it was no big deal.  But on Saturday, the first panel started at noon I think -- so once we got into the barricades, we were standing there a loooooooooong time.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
When they did the news dump of panels recently...they did say "first wave of panels" so I assume there's more. They seems to be announcing guests/panels right up until the con or so.

Attended The Wall & Power Rangers/John Wick 2 panels last year with no problem (I wasn't aiming to get into The Wall but for John Wick 2 lol). I think the best tip/advice I can give is if you really really want in...get there as soon as you can and prepare to camp out there

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »
When they did the news dump of panels recently...they did say "first wave of panels" so I assume there's more. They seems to be announcing guests/panels right up until the con or so.

Attended The Wall & Power Rangers/John Wick 2 panels last year with no problem (I wasn't aiming to get into The Wall but for John Wick 2 lol). I think the best tip/advice I can give is if you really really want in...get there as soon as you can and prepare to camp out there

I came in after the wall for John Wick 2 no problem.   It was closer to the Walking dead it filled up.  I left though so someone got my seat :)   NYCC isn't like SDCC.  People are more relaxed about things and their world doesn't end if they miss something.

Offline riotgirl77

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
I came in after the wall for John Wick 2 no problem.   It was closer to the Walking dead it filled up.  I left though so someone got my seat :)   NYCC isn't like SDCC.  People are more relaxed about things and their world doesn't end if they miss something.

Yeah I didn't get into Jessica Jones/Daredevil couple years ago so I went to the Containment panel...and glad I did even though the show lasted one season lol. If a panel fills up at Hammerstein or MSG, I'll be like "oh no big deal, I'll just go back to Javitz and see what's up" lol