Author Topic: Amazon Programming announcement  (Read 2523 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Amazon Programming announcement
« on: June 27, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
This is posted on the FoCC Blog: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Full Release as follows:
SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 27, 2018 – Amazon Prime Video today announced its lineup for the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con International. It includes two panels featuring the creators and cast from some of Amazon’s most popular and anticipated series including Carlton Cuse, showrunner and Executive Producer of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan; Ben Edlund creator of The Tick; Sam Esmail director of Homecoming; Neil Gaiman creator, writer, and showrunner of Good Omens; Gale Anne Hurd Executive Producer of Lore; and Naren Shankar showrunner of The Expanse. In addition, a second panel with The Man in the High Castle Executive Producers Isa Dick Hackett and Daniel Percival will be held and cast from the series will be in attendance including Alexa Davalos, Rufus Sewell, Jason O’Mara, and Stephen Root.

Amazon will host an unforgettable experience for Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan to the west of the convention center – starting at the corner of MLK & 1st and extending to the back adjacent parking lot. The entire area will be converted into a vast Jack Ryan immersive experience that plucks people from the streets of San Diego and transports them into the heart of the Middle East.

“We’re thrilled to bring such a diverse group of creators to SDCC and give fans an exclusive sneak peek at what’s to come for these highly-anticipated shows,” said Mike Benson, Head of Marketing, Amazon Studios. “Our activation for Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan is our most ambitious to date and will be one of the must-see events of Comic-Con.”

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan Fan Experience

At the Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan fan experience, Comic-Con attendees will step into the world of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and be thrust into a dangerous field assignment that turns them into unexpected heroes. Visitors will complete the Jack Ryan Training Field by infiltrating, fighting and evading the enemy to gain full field clearance. They will then use that training to help Jack Ryan himself in Dark Ops, a groundbreaking escape room that recreates the pilot episode of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. Attendees can also explore the Middle Eastern bazaar which has assignments to be completed at every turn, watch a live leaderboard and pick up some iconic Jack Ryan swag.

The Jack Ryan Training Field is a hyper-reality virtual reality spy experience where participants can prove they have what it takes to be a hero. Heroes in training will go through a series of thrilling true-to-life experiences including rappelling from a helicopter, traversing between dangerous high rise buildings, and zip-lining to ground level. Created with MediaMonks, the Jack Ryan Training Field stands over 30 feet tall and uses the latest Optitrack 4D and Oculus Rift technology to make visitors physically feel as if they were thrust into the action.

Dark Ops is a first of its kind escape room, created by AKQA and Unit 9, which lets participants live the first episode of Jack Ryan. Participants will be tasked with offering remote assistance to Jack Ryan in Dark Ops, where teams of rookie analysts will have to dig deep to uncover a plot of double-crossing, top secret information and an extremist plot set to be put in motion at any minute.

The Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan fan experience will take place Thursday, July 19 through Sunday, July 22 at the park located at the corner of 1st street and Martin Luther King Promenade – directly across from the San Diego Convention Center. It will be open daily from 9 am to 7 pm Thursday through Saturday, and 9 am to 5 pm on Sunday.

San Diego Comic-Con Panels

In addition to the experience, creators and talent from some of Amazon’s biggest series will be attending panels to discuss their shows. Fans will be treated to never-before-seen clips, and for one series, Amazon will debut an entire episode exclusively to SDCC attendees. Below are the details for Prime Video panels during San Diego Comic-Con:

Friday, July 20 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Room: Ballroom 20

Prime Video brings together six exciting creators to share insights and behind-the-scenes looks into their highly-anticipated upcoming Prime Original series. Featured panelists include: Carlton Cuse (Lost), Executive Producer of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, premiering August 31; The Tick creator Ben Edlund (Gotham); Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot) director of Homecoming; world-renowned author Neil Gaiman (American Gods), creator-writer-showrunner of Good Omens; Lore Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead); and Naren Shankar (Almost Human) showrunner of The Expanse.

Saturday, July 21 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm, Room: 6A

The Man in the High Castle returns to SDCC to preview its upcoming third season on Prime Video. This engaging panel will feature cast and creator discussion, exclusive sneak peeks, and audience Q&A. Panelists will include Alexa Davalos (Mob City), Rufus Sewell (Victoria), Jason O’Mara (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), and Stephen Root (Dallas & Robo) along with Executive Producers Isa Dick Hackett (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams) and Dan Percival (Strike Back).

Amazon Prime Video named Exclusive Sponsor of the IGN Party

Amazon Prime Video’s Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will be the exclusive sponsor for the IGN SDCC party. Located at the Andaz Rooftop overlooking downtown San Diego, the IGN SDCC Party presented by Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan will provide an immersive experience into the highly anticipated new series. The party kicks off at 8 pm on Friday, July 20.

Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Re: Amazon Programming announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »
I was going to ask how in the world is that panel in Ballroom 20 and not in Hall H but noticed it is all the creators and no cast.  Still sounds like an awesome panel and off site.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:52:33 PM »

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 04:06:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was going to ask how in the world is that panel in Ballroom 20 and not in Hall H but noticed it is all the creators and no cast.  Still sounds like an awesome panel and off site.

Can't believe the man in the high castle w/ cast is in room 6A
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 05:08:17 PM »

That looks like a really strong panel.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »
I'm wondering how competitive that line will be. I don't feel like lining up TOO long in advance and I don't need to be front row, but I may try to  get in the back of the room for it.  Neil Gaiman is always a treat.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »
Sounds like Amazon is going all out!

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
Can't believe the man in the high castle w/ cast is in room 6A

I really like that show
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
So I’ll just mosey on up to the Andaz rooftop pool party I suppose lol
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
I really like that show
It's really good. Very long break. Been waiting for news for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
It's really good. Very long break. Been waiting for news for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s been off so long I nearly forgot about it until scrolling through my fire TV and saw it. I’m going to have to rewatch it to remember everything at this point.