Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Returning Registration discussion (aka Pre-Registration)  (Read 46013 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: SDCC 2019 Returning Registration discussion (aka Pre-Registration)
« Reply #315 on: October 13, 2018, 04:36:18 PM »
Got my credit card receipt a couple of hours ago.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Miterin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »
So I know a lot of different analysis go on around everything Sdcc did anyone ever look into success rates and when you enter the waiting room? We have 4 different people logged in at 4 different times never had a problem before and struck out today after 8 years of going. And I know we still have open reg but we never had success with open

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Goldeneyez

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #317 on: October 13, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »
FWIW, 7 of our sessions were in between 8-8:30 am PST.  One buyer forgot about the sale and entered the session at 8:58 AM...and that was the first to come up, at 9:09, ironically.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #318 on: October 13, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So in 2016 we tried for tickets for the first time as we were planning a trip to the US and got nothing.

2017 we weren’t planning on travelling anywhere but decided to try again cause we obviously wouldn’t get anything - and we got all four main days. Great, once in a lifetime experience!

2018 we decided to try again, since if we were ever going to go again then returning reg was the way to go, but still we likely wouldn’t get tickets - we got all four main days. Great, twice in a lifetime experience!

After that it was decided without doubt that 2018 was the last time we’d go. No doubt. Fullstop.

So can someone explain to me how the hell I’ve gone and got us the four main days again for 2019?? Thrice in a lifetime?? This madness has to end  ;D

Best start planning for 2020...
LOL!! This sounds so familiar! Once you start, you can't stop. You could reason that it's the 50th anniversary and you wouldn't want to miss that. 2020? Well, you'll think of something! :)
Ang

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #319 on: October 13, 2018, 06:46:27 PM »
I’m wondering if the order reference numbers are actually done in the order bought. I got in very early and I noticed this year that the number after the 777 was very low

Looking at past cons:

2016: only got Sunday in open reg. The number was Over 100,000
2017: got 4 days preview night in open reg. Number 79,000 something.
2018: 4 days in ret reg. The number was 56,000 something. I then managed to get preview night in open reg and the reference number was 86,000
2019 got in super fast and the number is less than 50,000 to put it mildly.

ETA: Please don’t post your actual order reference numbers.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:35:13 PM by rabbitwarren »

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #320 on: October 13, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »
This year was a big success for my small buying group. Only 15 people, as some didn't get their info to me at all, but we got sessions in enough for 15-4 day badges (though one girl opted to just go for Friday Saturday because of work.) We're definitely an outlier.

The people who got in varied on when they got into the waiting room, all the way from 8am to 8:54am.We had 15 codes running between those of us who could be online for the sale.

Of course, I ate a lot before the sale, for breakfast, because I was so calm. Immediately at about 15 minutes before 9 the anxiety kicked in. My stomach is now a mess and I'm going back to bed, again, soon.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:04 PM »
This returning reg was probably the most nerve-wracking reg I've ever experienced.

I saw the Friday and Saturday low inventory message on the screen and just as I was about to accept my fate one of my browsers got through followed by another and I was able to buy for everyone in my group and help one person out from the forum group. I'm just relieved that I was able to slide past through to get all 4 days.

Same I saw the message pop up that preview night was sold out but when I came to the log in screen preview night was still available for me and my group. Then I was able to help out another group get 4 days when they said Friday and Saturday were about to be sold out.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2018, 03:57:21 AM »
Same I saw the message pop up that preview night was sold out but when I came to the log in screen preview night was still available for me and my group. Then I was able to help out another group get 4 days when they said Friday and Saturday were about to be sold out.

You guys are the best ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2018, 08:48:27 AM »

I think this might have been me and my friend. You are so wonderful to help out! This was our first year working with a buying group after getting slowly diminishing returns over the last few years trying to go it on our own. [member=7390]clambert1273[/member] was AMAZING. Such a great experience, and she was really calm when the whole chat was exploding with questions during the sale itself (or at least did a good enough job pretending to be). It was a good thing we joined this year, because neither my friend nor I even made it into the room at all. But we got all four days for the first time in three years! Hurray!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
I think this might have been me and my friend. You are so wonderful to help out! This was our first year working with a buying group after getting slowly diminishing returns over the last few years trying to go it on our own. [member=7390]clambert1273[/member] was AMAZING. Such a great experience, and she was really calm when the whole chat was exploding with questions during the sale itself (or at least did a good enough job pretending to be). It was a good thing we joined this year, because neither my friend nor I even made it into the room at all. But we got all four days for the first time in three years! Hurray!

I love hearing stories like this! This is why we work so hard to run buying groups on FoCC. As we work together, we are stronger. [member=7390]clambert1273[/member]  is awesome and I am so glad that her group's first run out went so well!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
This was the first year since this system began that none of my family’s codes were randomly chosen. Luckily someone in my buying group scored me 4-day w/PN, and my teen son and wife (and by extension younger son) got Thursday & Sunday, bought by a family friend.
To those who lucked out yesterday, congratulations; I look forward to seeing you again in my city. To those unlucky, there’s still Open Reg. I had better luck last year during Open Reg. than I did during Returning Reg. and hopefully many of you will too.

I can’t wait to hit the ground running at Open Reg (Dec. 8 is my guesstimate) with a plethora of codes to help out the buying group!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
I’m wondering if the order reference numbers are actually done in the order bought. I got in very early and I noticed this year that the number after the 777 was very low

Looking at past cons:

2016: only got Sunday in open reg. The number was Over 100,000
2017: got 4 days preview night in open reg. Number 79,000 something.
2018: 4 days in ret reg. The number was 56,000 something. I then managed to get preview night in open reg and the reference number was 86,000
2019 got in super fast and the number is less than 50,000 to put it mildly.

ETA: Please don’t post your actual order reference numbers.

wait so does the reference number you get from your receipt equal the place you were in line ?

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
FWIW, 7 of our sessions were in between 8-8:30 am PST.  One buyer forgot about the sale and entered the session at 8:58 AM...and that was the first to come up, at 9:09, ironically.

Similar experience here.  One in our group had the internet drop  about 5 minutes before the sale because they were having to use a wifi hotspot.  They logged back in asap, and were one of the very first to get badges - it  was so fast that we didn't even realize sorting was done.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »
Similar experience here.  One in our group had the internet drop  about 5 minutes before the sale because they were having to use a wifi hotspot.  They logged back in asap, and were one of the very first to get badges - it  was so fast that we didn't even realize sorting was done.

How fast is fast? I've always wondered when the first person gets in. 9:01? 9:05?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2018, 05:49:44 PM »
How fast is fast? I've always wondered when the first person gets in. 9:01? 9:05?

I believe it was about 9:06 that people started to get in for this particular sale (based on the yellow status box saying that people were getting in).

As an aside, am I the only person who gets ticked off wat the 'be patient, we are slowly letting people in to buy' messages? I mean, these people are buying MY badges and CCI is telling me to be patient? Sheesh!!!!!!  ;D