Author Topic: SDCC@Home 2021 Programming?  (Read 5427 times)

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Re: SDCC@Home 2021 Programming?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 08:12:02 AM »
I'm really impressed with the cultural diversity in panels this year. I'm excited about the Native American and Aztec ones.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 06:52:20 AM »
It seems that CCI may be hosting a few movie watch parties during Comic-Con@Home 2021 including The Maltese Falcon, Star Wars, The Goonies, and Superman to name a few.

See You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for all the info.

Looks interesting, but does require subscriptions to each the hosting streaming services to participate in all the events (Disney+, Netflix, and HBOMax).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:30:58 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 11:30:04 AM »
I have not yet particpated in a watch party like these, and I am going to try this time.  "The Little Shop of Horrors" one sounds like fun.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I didn't see that there were hosts for the watch parties listed on the SDCC program guide.  Is there a place that I missed?  Thanks!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2021, 12:37:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have not yet particpated in a watch party like these, and I am going to try this time.  "The Little Shop of Horrors" one sounds like fun.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I didn't see that there were hosts for the watch parties listed on the SDCC program guide.  Is there a place that I missed?  Thanks!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login CCI listed the watch parties under the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login category, instead of in the Program Guide.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2021, 12:51:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login CCI listed the watch parties under the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login category, instead of in the Program Guide.

Aha!... I see them.  Thank you!  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2021, 03:52:28 PM »
IDW SDCC 2021 Exclusive Reveal (and Panel Previews)

Writer Sam Maggs reveals IDW's 2021 SDCC Exclusives while also showing a sneak peek at some of their San Diego Comic Con panels.

(Sale starts 10 am PT July 23rd)

3rd panel preview describesd as "taking advantage of the virtual nest of the con in order to do things we would never get to do at a live panel. "
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 04:47:10 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 07:42:25 AM »
CCI has now released the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login schedules for Comic-Con@Home 2021.
For the Anime screenings, you will need to be an Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and/or Netflix subscriber to view the content.
I'm surprised they didn't include Spirited Away this year for it's 25th anniversary.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 08:55:31 AM »
I am going to have to pretend that I am in San Diego for programming timing.  3 hours difference for me. 

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 09:14:41 AM »
CCI has now released the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login schedules for Comic-Con@Home 2021.
For the Anime screenings, you will need to be an Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and/or Netflix subscriber to view the content.
I'm surprised they didn't include Spirited Away this year for it's 25th anniversary.

They don't seem to have put a ton of thought into any of it, really, which is making me sad. I know a lot of studios didn't want to participate and I'm sure their small staff worked really hard on everything, but... this year's Con @ Home seems like even more of a placeholder than last year's.  :'(

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 06:49:31 AM »
CCI has now added their You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to the schedule for Comic-Con@Home 2021.
American Sign Language (ASL) Programs are scheduled to air immediately following their respective YouTube releases on scener.com

The Comic-Con@Home 2021 programming guide has also been updated to include all of the various programming types (Programs, Games, Anime, ASL, etc.) in one complete guide.
Furthermore, site navigation has been moved to a hamburger menu on the upper right side on the page.

And that is your Comic-Con@Home update for the day. ;)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 01:17:58 PM »
They don't seem to have put a ton of thought into any of it, really, which is making me sad. I know a lot of studios didn't want to participate and I'm sure their small staff worked really hard on everything, but... this year's Con @ Home seems like even more of a placeholder than last year's.  :'(
To be fair, "they" = anyone who wanted to submit/put together a panel; there are TONS of interesting panels, just not a ton of 'sexy' studio/network/major comic company panels.  Many of those realize at this point it is far easier to pick your own solo day, put together your own 'at-home' marketing presentation for fans, and not have to share the spotlight with anyone.

Also remember, at the end of the day that's what all of the corporate panels really are: massively hyped marketing presentations.  The corporations know that there is little/no buzz with releasing footage/canned interviews online since all of the legit buzz comes from the audience excitement: the die-hard fans who camped out for 24+ hours to watch a 3 minute trailer + ogle at celebrities while hearing the hard-sell from directors or executives or stars who were told exactly what to say by either said executives or their own PR handler.

Don't get me wrong: I'm one of those die-hard fans who camps out forever to see those over-hyped marketing presentations.  But when we're talking "@ Home," this is no different than getting exciting to see the new DUNE trailer that dropped this morning to just as much internet fanfare and publicity as if the same trailer would've dropped concurrently in Hall H.  One thing that last year's @ Home experience 'taught' me is that after attending SD Comic-Con 20+ consecutive years, the real fun is the different people: the once-a-year friends that I hang out with downtown; the 'new' like-minded folks I meet in lines or sitting next to in panels; the bonding with my kids wandering around the Exhibit Hall; running into celebrities in the Gas Lamp.  All of those semi-intangibles are what make SDCCI an incredibly fun, unique experience that can just never be duplicated completely @ Home (and can never really be tangibly explained to someone who's never attended SD Comic-Con before)

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 01:36:49 PM »

Don't get me wrong: I'm one of those die-hard fans who camps out forever to see those over-hyped marketing presentations.  But when we're talking "@ Home," this is no different than getting exciting to see the new DUNE trailer that dropped this morning to just as much internet fanfare and publicity as if the same trailer would've dropped concurrently in Hall H.  One thing that last year's @ Home experience 'taught' me is that after attending SD Comic-Con 20+ consecutive years, the real fun is the different people: the once-a-year friends that I hang out with downtown; the 'new' like-minded folks I meet in lines or sitting next to in panels; the bonding with my kids wandering around the Exhibit Hall; running into celebrities in the Gas Lamp.  All of those semi-intangibles are what make SDCCI an incredibly fun, unique experience that can just never be duplicated completely @ Home (and can never really be tangibly explained to someone who's never attended SD Comic-Con before)

I agree, but for me that IS kind of the entire point. For instance I'll probably never get around to watching the Dune trailer, by myself, at home, even though I'll probably see the movie in theaters when it comes out. Maybe I'm a bad geek, but I don't go to Comic-Con for the tiny panels about indie productions (unless one of those is an exact specific thing I already love, but that's rare), or for fan meetups or comics. I go for the massively overhyped marketing, for the swag, for the cosplay, for the offsites where I can zipline through Gotham or take a picture riding a dragon. I go to sit in the dark with 6,000 other people all watching that trailer at the exact same time.

And after a year and a half of no events, watching fan-made panels on YouTube on my couch... just isn't all that different from any other day. :(

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 06:09:28 AM »
One thing that last year's @ Home experience 'taught' me is that after attending SD Comic-Con 20+ consecutive years, the real fun is the different people: the once-a-year friends that I hang out with downtown; the 'new' like-minded folks I meet in lines or sitting next to in panels; the bonding with my kids wandering around the Exhibit Hall; running into celebrities in the Gas Lamp.  All of those semi-intangibles are what make SDCCI an incredibly fun, unique experience that can just never be duplicated completely @ Home (and can never really be tangibly explained to someone who's never attended SD Comic-Con before)

AMEN!!!

I don't have any expectations the Special Edition will come up to the wonder that is the regular Con, but God willing, I'll be there!!!
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »
I agree, but for me that IS kind of the entire point. For instance I'll probably never get around to watching the Dune trailer, by myself, at home, even though I'll probably see the movie in theaters when it comes out. Maybe I'm a bad geek, but I don't go to Comic-Con for the tiny panels about indie productions (unless one of those is an exact specific thing I already love, but that's rare), or for fan meetups or comics. I go for the massively overhyped marketing, for the swag, for the cosplay, for the offsites where I can zipline through Gotham or take a picture riding a dragon. I go to sit in the dark with 6,000 other people all watching that trailer at the exact same time.

And after a year and a half of no events, watching fan-made panels on YouTube on my couch... just isn't all that different from any other day. :(

These are mostly my thoughts as well. While I enjoy a mix of bigger and smaller in-person panels, I just can't get excited about watching fuzzy videos on my computer or buying things online. That's no different that every day.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2021, 11:06:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I watched your Podcasting 101 panel and discovered some very helpful things. Inspirational for starting my own podcast...perhaps. Glad you posted about it.