Author Topic: SE: Badge sale 9/25  (Read 12665 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
SE: Badge sale 9/25
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »
How is it going?

folks nervous yet? hehe First sale in the post (hopefully) pandemic world

eta an ***EXCELLENT** post by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login in the other thread
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For Archive

Purchase Instructions

Badge Purchase Instructions

This page will look different than it has in the past! To ease your worries, we have provided some tips and tricks below to help you navigate the new badge purchase and registration system. Please click an image to enlarge.

STEP 1: Enter the Comic-Con Member ID and last name of yourself or the person you’d like to purchase for.

STEP 2: Click “Validate”. You’ll see that their name now appears under the “Validate” button. IMPORTANT: Your badge will not be in your cart until you select “Add to Cart” at the bottom of the page.

STEP 3: After you select “Add to Cart”, a pop-up will appear that allows you to purchase for other attendees. If you’d like to purchase for another member, select “Register Another Member”. If not, select “Checkout” and move to step 5 below.

STEP 4: To register another member, follow the same steps above. The members already in your cart can be found on the right side of your screen.
If you want to remove a member, you can do so by clicking the red X next to their name while they are in your cart on the right-hand side of the screen.

Remember, you can purchase for a total of 3 members. If you want to clear someone after they have been validated, but before adding them to your cart, simply enter in a new Member ID and last name. The newly validated member will replace the person previously listed. 

STEP 5: Select “Checkout” from the pop-up when you have finished adding all members. You’ll be directed to our COVID-19 policy and purchase terms and conditions. Select “I agree to the above statement” and then “Save & Continue”.

STEP 6: Purchase your badges. Enter your payment information and billing address. Click “Save and Continue”.

STEP 7: Confirm your address when prompted. We highly suggest that you confirm the “Suggested Address.” This will help ensure you have the correct address for future badge shipping (NOTE: We are not shipping badges for Special Edition). If you receive the “Invalid Address” pop-up, review your address for accuracy. If it is correct, you can still select “Use Address Anyway” and continue. Then, enter your CVV code when prompted and select “Continue”.

STEP 8: Enter your name and email address. The email address you enter must match exactly and is case-sensitive.

STEP 9: Below the contact information box, you can review your order. This is also where you can remove members if needed. Simply click the red “X” next to “Comic-Con Special Edition”.

STEP 10: Click “Process Order” and you’ll be directed to the confirmation screen.  Print or take a screenshot of this page for your records. You may close your browser window at this time.

THE FINISH LINE

Congratulations! Your Comic-Con Special Edition badge purchase is complete.
Each person that has a badge purchased for them will receive an order receipt via email, and all members will receive a barcode confirmation email shortly before the event. We encourage you to add [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

If you do not receive your order receipt email within 24 hours, check your SPAM inbox or log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and use the "Contact Us" feature.

THE FINE PRINT

While Comic-Con has made every effort to make the badge purchase experience fair for everyone, it is possible that problems outside of our control could result in the system not working as planned. The possibility exists that anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software may aggressively block browser cookies, JavaScript, or other operations of modern web applications. It is also possible that user error, specific hardware problems, local ISP issues, or simply the extremely high level of demand beyond our control may result in your computer and/or browser not behaving as described above. While Comic-Con has done extensive testing, we make no guarantees that your efforts will result in a successful badge purchase regardless of when you enter the process.

As always, we are sincerely grateful for your continued support and interest in our event. We know that purchasing a badge can be a challenge and we are constantly exploring options to improve your online registration experience. We will continue to offer deeply discounted rates for juniors, seniors, and active-duty members of the military, as well as one of the most generous free child badge policies in the comic convention industry.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:51:49 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
Re: SE: Badge sale 9/25
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 02:27:37 PM »
I keep telling myself it's no big deal, there won't be any of the big players, it's not a real Con. And yet my stomach is jumpy, my hands are sweaty and I can't relax. I just can't quit you (Comic-Con).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:21:13 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »
I keep telling myself it's no big deal, there won't be any of the big players, it's not a real Con. And yet my stomach is jumpy, my hands are sweaty and I can't relax. I just can't quit you (Comic-Con).

My mind is telling me it's no problem.  So far, all signs point towards a chill con.  My heart is telling me not to get my hopes up.

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 06:34:31 PM »
I wish I knew how this was going to go down.  But I suppose we all do.

It could sell out in 20 minutes and leave a lot of people disappointed.  It could sell out in two hours and maybe leave a few people disappointed.  It could sell out in a couple of days.  It might not sell out at all.

Reasons it might sell out quickly:

• A few toy companies have already announced exclusives.  That means there's going to be people tripping all over themselves, and tripping over others, to get an item they may not even particularly want.  They just know it's "exclusive" so they have to have it at all costs even if it means risking life and limb.

• Attendees who score a badge to CCSE will also be eligible for San Diego Comic-Con 2023 Returning Registration.  That means there's going to be people who will try and buy a badge for this show with no intention of actually attending.  It's going to be worth 150 clams to them just for a chance at SDCC 2023.

• This will be the first physical event in San Diego since SDCC 2019.  I get that people miss it.  That's the main reason I'm going.

Reasons it might NOT sell out quickly:

• COVID is still out there and it's still killing people.  That's ... actually a pretty good reason to want to sit this one out.  I cannot and will not argue with that.

• No Hall H.  'nuff said.

• You have to buy a badge for all three days.  No single day options.  No problem for me, but I totally get why some people may not want to commit.   

• It's Thanksgiving weekend.  Family time for a lot of people. There are other things to do that weekend besides go to a smallish comic con.

• Out of towners will have to risk getting on airplane if they're not within driving distance.  See above about COVID.

• It's real doubtful that the big movie studios and the major comic book publishers will be there.  The organizers have not said anything definitively but at this point it just doesn't seem likely.  That's a big draw for a lot of people.

So really, it's anyone's guess.  We shall see what we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:37:05 PM by SDcomics »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »
a few weeks ago, when contemplating the then unannounced sale, I started to get nervous.  The Group leaders started talking. Should we or shouldn't we was the theme. We decided to put an ad hoc system in place because the system is different and folks are rusty.

I did vol. reg
The thing that threw me was the different check out procedure.

But the time limit was much shorter,  5 min to get through the process. Be aware of the clock!

those of us going through this process will be a ***lot*** better prepared for SDCC '22(or '21) sale

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »
How is it going?

folks nervous yet? hehe First sale in the post (hopefully) pandemic world

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this board.  There's probably going to be a lot of chatter in the coming weeks.

I'm hopeful that Comic Con Special Edition is a lot of fun and it becomes a regular fall event in San Diego. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 06:55:50 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for creating this board.  There's probably going to be a lot of chatter in the coming weeks.

I'm hopeful that Comic Con Special Edition is a lot of fun and it becomes a regular fall event in San Diego. 
you're welcome, i've been thinking about it for a while but i wanted to see how much traction SE would garner. The single thread was getting hard to follow with all the different themes. Feel free to start threads ! I just put a few in place to get us going :)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »
I have read all the badge info I can find for Saturday's sale, but have not been able to ferret out how much time we will have to enter information once allowed into the actual  badge purchase screens.  Considering the surprise I had at the paltry 2 min 15 sec, I got for the volunteer registration, I sure hope we get more than that.  For the last sale, we were told that badges would be held for --I think 10 min. -- once selected, while we entered info. It would calm my nerves a bit if I knew.

I just clicked on the link sent out by cci on the 22. I was sent to que-it then advanced to the 'you're too early page' BUT that page has a timer at the top of it. It starts at 5 min. I truly hope we get more time then that!!
I don't think we'll know until the first people are in the buying room

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 07:05:35 PM »
• This will be the first physical event in San Diego since SDCC 2019.  I get that people miss it.  That's the main reason I'm going.

I'll pay $150 just to be able to go down to pickup a badge, hopefully a t-shirt and walk around a bit.  I'll be content with that.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 10:24:57 AM »
With the queue-it system, you can open multiple browsers to help your chances of getting in.

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 10:47:01 AM »
In the waiting room (Otherwise known as The Black Hole of Calcutta) now.

Oh, the suspense!!!

Good luck, everyone!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 10:55:31 AM »
i'm live

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »
No silly messages this morning from the badge-selling crew, huh: I miss that bit of goofy fun  :(

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:58:11 AM »
I ignored the advice of CCI and I've been waiting all hour.  2 min warning.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 10:58:46 AM »
I ignored the advice of CCI and I've been waiting all hour.  2 min warning.
I just logged in: we'll see who gets in first?