Author Topic: 2022 Mondo Exclusives  (Read 7139 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
Re: 2022 SDCC Mondo & Art Posters
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 10:09:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I take it to mean one version (either color or black and white) will be available in person to people who successfully managed to get a lottery entry at the time they drop that particular poster and the other version will be available on their website mondoshop.com for people who aren't attending and/or didn't get lottery entry to that very specific time.

No the online version will only be online at the Mondo Website (the Drop) while the red version will be at con but in the exhibitor exclusive lotto.

Basically the online one anyone who has a computer can try for the other version whoever now successfully wins a funmondo slot in the SDCC lotto for the timeframe that they sell the poster
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2022, 10:10:37 PM »
Tough to keep any list without sale times.

July 21

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings soundtrack reissue Mondo booth $40

Black Widow (Red and Black) Mondo booth $75

Black Widow (Black and White) mondoshop.com $50

July 22

THE BATMAN (Version 1) Artwork by Akiko Stehrenberger 24”x36” Screenprint Edition of 150 $50 *Available at Mondo booth (#5137) on Friday, July 22

THE BATMAN - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 3XLP Music by Michael Giacchino Artwork by Henry Abrams Numbered Edition out of 500 Housed in SDCC Exclusive Foil Stamped Envelope SDCC Exclusive Color Vinyl $50 *Available at Mondo booth (#5137) on Friday, July 22

THE BATMAN (Version 2) Artwork by Akiko Stehrenberger 24”x36” Screenprint Edition of 150 $50 *Available online at mondoshop.com on Friday, July 22

July 23

Silver Surfer Full Color version (Mondo booth) $50

Silver Surfer Keyline" variant (mondoshop.com) $70

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:23:26 PM by SamTurtledove »

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2022 Mondo Exclusives
« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:15:31 AM »

Offline Zod1966

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2022, 10:52:21 PM »
No the online version will only be online at the Mondo Website (the Drop) while the red version will be at con but in the exhibitor exclusive lotto.

Basically the online one anyone who has a computer can try for the other version whoever now successfully wins a funmondo slot in the SDCC lotto for the timeframe that they sell the poster

Well Pooh:-/ the keyline Silver Surfer is the only one I wanted. Lol nothing is ever easy. 😊

Thank you much for your help!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2022, 07:56:05 AM »
ok

I do not know what to make of this.
is it lottto OR a run? Thoughts?

The foil variant of the poster with artwork by Murugiah is a 24"x36" screenprint, and it will retail for $100. There are only 120 of these, so as soon as the doors open on Saturday, make a beeline for the Mondo booth, which is #5137 on the show floor.

Read More: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022, 08:30:17 AM »
This year feels like it's just gonna be a huge mess for Mondo. This indicates they're still doing daily/semi-hourly drops but also they're in the lottery portal which indicates you won't have access w/o a lottery win. So now I have to hope that I get a lottery time win for the same time they have something I want?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2022, 09:33:35 AM »
This year feels like it's just gonna be a huge mess for Mondo. This indicates they're still doing daily/semi-hourly drops but also they're in the lottery portal which indicates you won't have access w/o a lottery win. So now I have to hope that I get a lottery time win for the same time they have something I want?
and that's the problem
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline flyt2b0ston

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2022, 10:08:49 AM »

right, seems crazy

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2022, 10:20:23 AM »
right, seems crazy

agreed
in effect Mondo, because they're a part of funko, is turning it's back on it's hard core fans.
It's one thing if they had product for the entire con but dropping stuff Sunday of the con disrespects folks who won a spot on Friday.

if they're gonna be lotto, be lotto. If you're gonna have drops have drops. Dont' try and blend the two

Online semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2022, 10:49:16 AM »
Mondo could at least make an announcement about how exactly it's all going to work with the lottery vs timed drops, etc. I don't know why everyone seems so allergic to giving out detailed and timely information this year.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
Mondo could at least make an announcement about how exactly it's all going to work with the lottery vs timed drops, etc. I don't know why everyone seems so allergic to giving out detailed and timely information this year.

wild guess, no one is making a decision- it all has to go through corporate (funko) now

Offline flyt2b0ston

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2022, 11:11:31 AM »
like, what if i win the lotto for 9:30 but the poster releases at 2pm? or is everything the morning now?

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2022, 01:18:35 PM »
I got to say I am not a fan of the staggered releases when I have to raffle on top of it.  If you want to reserve stock each day, go for it.  But if I'm lucky enough to hit Mondo I have to hope my wants align with the item for the day?  Sucky. 

Offline demonchocobo

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2022, 04:33:39 PM »
Per the unofficial blog

[UPDATE] We have confirmed with Mondo that because they are now part of the Online Exclusives Portal lottery, rather than doing their traditional drops spread throughout the day, Mondo will be releasing that day’s specific items at once each morning. That means that for those waiting to fill out the lottery to choose a time, new releases are happening daily, so each day there will be new product available at the start of the show, plus any remaining products from prior day(s).

Offline flyt2b0ston

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2022, 08:59:41 PM »
at least with the old system though you couldn't just get lucky and buy one of every limited thing in the morning, it was all spaced out. it was kind of chaotic, but at least you had a chance if you were willing to go through that rather than just relying on the portal. we'll see how it goes i guess, hopefully fine, but I still can't even get the portal to work.

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2022, 09:37:56 PM »
Yeah, I'm not fan of the old system but it required you to line up multiple times and actually plan what drops were worth your time.

Depending on edition and lotto pool sizes, I can easily see anyone not in the first group (maybe second) every day getting just screwed over.