Author Topic: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread  (Read 41926 times)

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
Re: CCI 2013 Badge Resale Question Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
Arogers8388 and I are teamed up for the resale, however maybe we should set up a second Thread just for those with a priority invitation. We both have a priority invitation so that is a good start.  I am hoping that my team of people are in a similar boat, however realistically I am guessing the # of badges we will be able to purchase will be limited and we may not be able to help each other at all.

I agree with alot of what was said, but most importantly...if there is a link for the priority invitation, no one needs to post it or perhaps they should be warned or suspended from the forum. Similar to the hotel sale, if was frustrating that someone who signed up that day just happened to be in the right time right place and grabbed an extra hotel from someone and that some active members were left out. There were 3 days to choose or give away your hotel and most people gave away their hotel to the first person that chimed in reguardless if they had just signed up that day. I'm sure alot of those same people have not been heard of since. I want to mention that I gave away one of my hotels, however if was not to the first person who PM'd me. I looked over the number of posts and took notice of when they signed up on the forum. I held it for a day and a half before giving it away.

Oh, sorry to those that missed out during the first resale. However, CCI clearly mentioned that if you have a problem such as a frozen screen, to do a print screen and send it in. If you were using a device that day which did not allow you to have a print screen, you can not be too upset about it. You should have been better prepared. I heard that people who sent in a print screen of the white page recieved a priority invitation email... so we just need to be sure that we are creative, that we follow CCI directions and that we do not ASSUME anything...
Good luck to all, sorry I am felling a little disgruntled this evening.   

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2013, 04:17:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree with alot of what was said, but most importantly...if there is a link for the priority invitation, no one needs to post it or perhaps they should be warned or suspended from the forum.

Hmm...let's see what CCI says in their communication before we determine the best way to approach this. If CCI says the link only works if you've provided your Member ID (essentially restricting it to specific people - akin to how it goes for vendors or whatever). If it's an open link that's sent to specific people (like how the "priority" volunteer link just leaked out), then obviously we wouldn't want that to get out to the wrong hands.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #152 on: Today at 07:25:16 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »
To br fair, the 'private' link for the TP hotel waitlist was posted here and people were awesome about not sharing that with the world. I think members here realize that if something good is posted, they need to keep quiet so that it retains its value.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »
To br fair, the 'private' link for the TP hotel waitlist was posted here and people were awesome about not sharing that with the world. I think members here realize that if something good is posted, they need to keep quiet so that it retains its value.

demand for badges much different than demand for hotels. but yes, we have good forum members here who look out for one another...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline mynamehere

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Hi all,
So I started planning my trip to SDCC 2013 at the beginning of the year.  At first I was hoping to volunteer but although I signed up for a member ID I didn’t received any notification of volunteer registration opening- only found out after the fact. I planned to buy a badge during the original sale but I messed up the time difference between Pacific Time and my local time here in Canberra, Australia so I missed to whole thing  :(. Now I am hearing about priority members, people already receiving resale links and I am just wondering if there is ANY chance I am going to get a badge in the resale since I was not part of the original sale?

Offline mynamehere

• Sails Pavilion
Questions...
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
Hi all,
So I started planning my trip to SDCC 2013 at the beginning of the year.  At first I was hoping to volunteer but although I signed up for a member ID I didn’t received any notification of volunteer registration opening- only found out after the fact. I planned to buy a badge during the original sale but I messed up the time difference between Pacific Time and my local time here in Canberra, Australia so I missed to whole thing  :(. Now I am hearing about priority members, people already receiving resale links and I am just wondering if there is ANY chance I am going to get a badge in the resale since I was not part of the original sale?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
Hi all,

My advice is to team up with someone, or a group of people, on the forums (see this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login--pay attention to the information in the post I linked) and try for badges together to increase your chances at getting a badge.  At this point, most, if not all, of the available types of badges are single days, and the likelihood of getting a 4-day badge might not even be an available option (mostly because CCI would split up any 4-day badges into single-day badges).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline krod

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
Re: Questions...
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
You can still participate in the regular resale even if you didn't participate in the original sale, there's still a chance ^-^   

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Questions...
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
Hi all,

Forum Housekeeping:
Since this post was already made in this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I will merge this to the other thread in the "Registration" section.

^-^d  (It's mostly to avoid confusion with threads on the same topic and cross-posting with different areas of the forum, so don't worry if there happens to be a duplicate post in this particular thread.  I will also PM mynamehere, just to make sure he or she sees the latest replies.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:33:29 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Juancu99

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »
I need adult tickets please!    do you know when they are going to be available?

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
I need adult tickets please!    do you know when they are going to be available?

Nobody knows yet, except that it will be between sometime tomorrow and the end of the month.
Make sure you have a member ID for each person that needs a badge, and that you are opted in to receive emails on the member ID options. You will get an email the day before, or perhaps a few days before the resale. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Get some friends and family to help you get onto the resale webpage (link will be in the email you receive) the exact millisecond the page goes live. Or if you have incompetent friends like me, you can team up with people here and help each other out. (it might be too late to get into a group here though).

Offline Ally.kat

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2013, 08:52:33 PM »
Hello,

I'd like to team up with someone for the badge resale.  Anyone looking for a buddy for this? 

Thank you.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
"Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration...." - What onsite registration? Or are they referring to on-site badge pick-up?

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
I hope there will be no onsite registration.  I don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn and miss out on panels.  I prefer the online pre-registration, even though it only got me a Thursday and Saturday badge.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
"Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration...." - What onsite registration? Or are they referring to on-site badge pick-up?

Maybe On-site 2014 sales?
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!