Hall of Records (from years gone by) > 2013 SDCC Registration, Hotels, and Badges

Badge Pick Up 2013

<< < (2/52) > >>

Khaaaaaaanh!!!:
Town and Country was a bit of a mess a couple years back but generally speaking, if you don't have to be among the first to get into the convention center, once it opens up, the lines move really quickly (if there are even any lines by the time you get there).

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFor those who have been before how is the badge pick up on Wed?

--- End quote ---

If you are picking up a 4-day with preview at the convention center, the line can get massively long and it looks scary, but it goes very quick.  They have the system down.

This is 2011 information so it might be outdated, but:  If you are picking up other badges at the Town & Country hotel, the line goes slower because they don’t have as many badge stations set up.  The big problems that you will have from 4 to 7 pm are:  getting there due to traffic for badge pickup and finding parking once you get there. 

I believe (but am not 100% sure) that they cap the line before 8:30 otherwise they would never be able to shut down. 

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginTown and Country was a bit of a mess a couple years back but generally speaking, if you don't have to be among the first to get into the convention center, once it opens up, the lines move really quickly (if there are even any lines by the time you get there).

--- End quote ---

My bro-in-law picked his badge up last year at Town and Country on Preview Night (he had 4-day w/out).  He went around 5:00 ish, and I guess it only took about 20 minutes total, and that included being dropped off in the wrong parking lot and having to find the badge pick-up!  I heard it was a nightmare in 2011, but last year seemed a LOT smoother, based on by bro's experience.

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFor those who have been before how is the badge pick up on Wed?

I am flying in and the cheaper flight in puts me on the ground at 6pm. Not ideal but it is 150$ cheaper than flying in at 1pm. I figure i may not be able to get over to badge pick up before 7pm.......

I've been to some other cons that badge pick up was quite a nightmare. Do they move folks through pretty quickly? If you are in line will they give out badges until they are done or at 8:30 will they turn people away?

Thank you for any advice or information.

--- End quote ---

They won't turn people away in line, and they won't have to.  The line moves INCREDIBLY quick at the Convention Center.  Even if you show up 45 minutes or so after the start of badge pick-up (after the initial crowd gets through), you'll likely walk right through the line without stopping.  I'm always super impressed with how smooth badge pickup always is at the convention center (REALLY hope that didn't just jinx it for 2013  :P ), and I think even if you pick up your badge mid-afternoon, grab dinner downtown, then walk into Preview Night you'll have zero problems getting your badge. 
It is a bigger line each morning (at least Thursday-Saturday), which kinda sucks if you need to get a badge and then get in line for a panel or something.  But once the line starts moving it moves fairly quickly.

Khaaaaaaanh!!!:
Definitely one of the perks of a 4 day is pickup on Wednesday. Last yr they started early so there were no lines to pick up badges, just a long line to get in but by then, everyone already had their badges so they were giddy w/ excitement to get started.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version