Author Topic: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread  (Read 95001 times)

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
Re: 2013 Official Hotel Give/Trade Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 20, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That was quick-
I actually ended up getting a refund... which was a total chore.  It took 4 calls and a total of about 30 minutes on hold.  They were trying to tell me the reservation was non-refundable/full pre payment which of course it was not and I had my receipt and screen shot saying what the cancellation policy was.  Anyways I would liked to have given it to someone on here, but no one was biting quick enough and I didn't want to carry a $2500 charge on my card.  :o

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #541 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »
I actually ended up getting a refund... which was a total chore.  It took 4 calls and a total of about 30 minutes on hold.  They were trying to tell me the reservation was non-refundable/full pre payment which of course it was not and I had my receipt and screen shot saying what the cancellation policy was.  Anyways I would liked to have given it to someone on here, but no one was biting quick enough and I didn't want to carry a $2500 charge on my card.  :o

When they changed that on my reservation, I called up immediately to have them change it. They were unable to remove the 'no cancellation, no refunds' language, but put notes immediately afterward contradicting the new policy. So it's on the record, but it's a mess of a file for them to go through. Ugh.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #542 on: Today at 01:26:09 AM »

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2013, 09:18:26 AM »
When they changed that on my reservation, I called up immediately to have them change it. They were unable to remove the 'no cancellation, no refunds' language, but put notes immediately afterward contradicting the new policy. So it's on the record, but it's a mess of a file for them to go through. Ugh.
Like they never told me at any point they changed the policy.  I feel like they really had no foot to stand on.  On top of that I know they will sell that suite for 2-3X more per night so they should be thanking me!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #543 on: March 20, 2013, 09:41:13 AM »
Like they never told me at any point they changed the policy.  I feel like they really had no foot to stand on.  On top of that I know they will sell that suite for 2-3X more per night so they should be thanking me!

I only knew because they sent me a revised confirmation email when they changed it.

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #544 on: March 20, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
I'm getting worried, I never got any emails on the terms changing.  But then again, I also wasn't one of the people who had their room type changed on them either.  I did call last month and they verified the original room type request from the reservation last year.

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #545 on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
I'm getting worried, I never got any emails on the terms changing.  But then again, I also wasn't one of the people who had their room type changed on them either.  I did call last month and they verified the original room type request from the reservation last year.
Have they charged you yet?  That is what brought it all to my attention, very quickly lol.

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
I know it's a long shot & not sure how it can be done even if there is an interested party but:

My group has two rooms at Marriott Marquis & Marina but would rather stay at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay or Residence Inn Gaslamp quarter.

Current Res:
Rm 1: Marriott Marquis & Marina 7/17-7/22 1 King or 2 Double
Rm 2: Marriott Marquis & Marina 7/17-7/20 1 King or 2 Double
Through TP so reservations are 'cancelable' before 4/30 and I believe dates can be adjusted based on availability. Two nights deposit has been paid.

Willing to trade for either at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay Residence Inn Gaslamp quarter (queen bed w/ pullout sofa sleeper):
Only caveat is that we cannot be in smoking rooms, allergies.
One 2 bdrm suite for dates 7/17-7/22     
<OR>
Two single rooms for dates 7/17-7/22 & 7/17-7/20

If anyone has the rooms & wants to swap, pm me & we'll see if it's possible. Thanks!

Offline pizzatan

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »
Um, I just booked "Americas Best Value Inn San Diego Downtown Convention Center" for 109 a night via Orbitz if anyone is still looking for something closer (and cheaper actually...) than the hotels in mission valley! It's a little further out than the furthest downtown hotels from travel planners.

Offline KatDancer

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
I know it's a long shot & not sure how it can be done even if there is an interested party but:

My group has two rooms at Marriott Marquis & Marina but would rather stay at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay or Residence Inn Gaslamp quarter.

Current Res:
Rm 1: Marriott Marquis & Marina 7/17-7/22 1 King or 2 Double
Rm 2: Marriott Marquis & Marina 7/17-7/20 1 King or 2 Double
Through TP so reservations are 'cancelable' before 4/30 and I believe dates can be adjusted based on availability. Two nights deposit has been paid.

Willing to trade for either at Embassy Suites San Diego Bay Residence Inn Gaslamp quarter (queen bed w/ pullout sofa sleeper):
Only caveat is that we cannot be in smoking rooms, allergies.
One 2 bdrm suite for dates 7/17-7/22     
<OR>
Two single rooms for dates 7/17-7/22 & 7/17-7/20

If anyone has the rooms & wants to swap, pm me & we'll see if it's possible. Thanks!

Newbie12, I sent you a PM re we have a room at the U.S. Grant Hotel (nonsmoking hotel) in the Gaslamp area we would trade for Marriott Marquis & Marina.

Offline KatDancer

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
We have a "1 King or 2 Double beds" reservation through Travel Planners at the U.S. Grant hotel from July 17 to July 21, 2013 (my understanding is the dates can be extended) that we would like to trade for the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina or the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, the Hard Rock Hotel, the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, or the Residence Inn Gaslamp Quarter.  We have already paid two nights' deposit via our credit card. 

Offline Max Replica

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
Um, I just booked "Americas Best Value Inn San Diego Downtown Convention Center" for 109 a night via Orbitz if anyone is still looking for something closer (and cheaper actually...) than the hotels in mission valley! It's a little further out than the furthest downtown hotels from travel planners.

Thanks for the heads up. But just FYI, they currently show no rooms available Weds-Sun. Maybe you got the last one.

Offline pizzatan

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. But just FYI, they currently show no rooms available Weds-Sun. Maybe you got the last one.

Oh I booked Thurs-Sun actually. I think Wednesday was available separately from the hotel's website a while ago, but not anymore it looks like.

Offline Max Replica

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »
Oh I booked Thurs-Sun actually. I think Wednesday was available separately from the hotel's website a while ago, but not anymore it looks like.

Yeah, I tried different combinations of Thurs-Sun etc., but no luck.

Offline pizzatan

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »
Yeah, I tried different combinations of Thurs-Sun etc., but no luck.

yeah I just checked again and it's not there anymore :( It was there for a couple hours at least, oh well

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #554 on: March 26, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »
just to clarify, transferring of badges is against CCI's policy & this forum follows the CCI rules, most specifically this one;
No discussions that would result in a violation of CCI's Registration Terms and Conditions.
This means do not offer to sell/transfer badges or otherwise willingly circumvent the rules as stated by CCI.  See link for official rules: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me and/or read the forum rules, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5