Author Topic: badge Resale lottery! 2013  (Read 74120 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
I'm confused.  So they are going to select 10,000 that are eligible and from that select the winners?  If that's right, I'm curious as to why they are doing it in two steps as opposed to just selecting the winners.

Can someone please give me the "captain dummy talk" version?  :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:04:07 PM by Chris Chen »

The Gossamer

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
I do hope that this NOT the future for Comic Con sales. The current system is still flawed and in a way it is still like a lottery with the "internet gods" controlling your computer's connection.

CCI needs to go back to soft openings to avoid the massive stampede that always overloads the servers as proven in the past sales. I am a supporter of a limited onsite pre-reg like it was done a few years ago limited to 10,000 badges total. This would give a more options to purchase a badge.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: badge Resale lottery! 2013
« Reply #62 on: Today at 04:23:06 PM »

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
CCI needs to go back to soft openings to avoid the massive stampede that always overloads the servers as proven in the past sales. I am a supporter of a limited onsite pre-reg like it was done a few years ago limited to 10,000 badges total. This would give a more options to purchase a badge.

Yeah, this only went out of control when they started 'announcing' the time when badges would go on sale, and the reason why they did that was because people were complaining that they didn't know that badges were on sale because they didn't bother to check CCI's website until February or so of that year, when badges would have been gone at that point.  I remember the 4 day badges taking 3 weeks to sell out in 2009, and single days took a few more months after that.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »
I'm confused.  So they are going to select 10,000 that are eligible and from that select the winners?  If that's right, I'm curious as to why they are doing it in two steps as opposed to just selecting the winners.

Can someone please give me the "captain dummy talk" version?  :)

I will second this request, this all seems very convoluted and unnecessary. 

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »
On the upside, in the wake of this news people are ditching their hotels (maybe?). I see a few Gaslamp hotels open on the website.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »
i think what most of us need to remember is that the on line pre reg sale went well with no crashes.  there is no reason to think that will change, imnsho.
the general sale may undergo some server upgrades/unannounced sale times/etc all
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
I do hope that this NOT the future for Comic Con sales. The current system is still flawed and in a way it is still like a lottery with the "internet gods" controlling your computer's connection.

Back in '11 though it was mad chaos. If you weren't in line by like, 5AM to get your ticket, you weren't going to get one. And people who WERE in line by 5AM were still standing there until about 11AM. That's part of why they moved it away from onsite pre-reg. I actually loved that they did the special online registration this year only for people who'd already attended.

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »
Yahoo! I have registered to enter. Hoping to be lucky enough to get in and maybe buy 3 single day Thursday-Saturday tickets :). Not too sad about no 4 day passes, as I didn't even go last Sunday. Just straight to the airport that day.

Offline tay393

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2013, 03:04:32 PM »
Since it closes for entry on June 12, and it says on or around June 13 they will start drawing, how likely is it that they will draw June 12? I only ask because I'm having surgery that day and I won't be able to purchase on the 12th

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Since it closes for entry on June 12, and it says on or around June 13 they will start drawing, how likely is it that they will draw June 12? I only ask because I'm having surgery that day and I won't be able to purchase on the 12th

unlikely since i believe it said all notices will have been made by the 17th so the sale would presumably be after then?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline tay393

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
unlikely since i believe it said all notices will have been made by the 17th so the sale would presumably be after then?
Thanks! I just don't want to miss out if I get chosen.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »
Thanks! I just don't want to miss out if I get chosen.

have your mom buy. just make sure she has your exact info. if your ID gets selected, she needs to submit your info first. if hers gets selected, she enters hers and then yours...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
Back in '11 though it was mad chaos. If you weren't in line by like, 5AM to get your ticket, you weren't going to get one. And people who WERE in line by 5AM were still standing there until about 11AM. That's part of why they moved it away from onsite pre-reg. I actually loved that they did the special online registration this year only for people who'd already attended.
Was that your experience? I am guessing on one of the more popular days? DH got in line after 6:30 am on Sunday & was done by 9:00am. Just curious if it was as bad as we heard on the other days. We just figured it was easier for us because it was Sunday.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:47 PM »
Was that your experience? I am guessing on one of the more popular days? DH got in line after 6:30 am on Sunday & was done by 9:00am. Just curious if it was as bad as we heard on the other days. We just figured it was easier for us because it was Sunday.

We got in line about 3:30 am on Friday and easily scored Preview Night badges. We finished by 8:30 am, in plenty of time to get back to our hotel, change into our cosplay and go to the Con. The only thing we missed out on was getting into Ballroom 20 that day, but we made our 'backup' panel which was still awesome!

Offline LadyS

• Freebie Table
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the "I" in CCI stand for International?  This whole thing stinks.