Author Topic: badge Resale lottery! 2013  (Read 74104 times)

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Re: badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I gotta say - I hate the lottery idea. I want to control my comic con fate. Not leave it up to chance.

Well, this late in the game with so few badges available, your chances are already limited. This at least evens the field?

I guess I'm one of the few that don't mind the online reg esp. the priority one for previous attendees. I don't really like having to get up super early and waste hours to buy next year's badge when I could be enjoying that year's Con instead.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:56:22 PM by susanml10881 »

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the "I" in CCI stand for International?  This whole thing stinks.

Yes.  Yes it does.  But International in the name does not really mean much outside of marketing purposes (oh look! They are worldly!).  They don't have offices in other countries.  They don't run events in any other country (heck, they don't even run events outside California!)  They aren't funded by any international organization or individual.  I understand it sucks for you and others but this whole thing was gonna suck one way or another for a lot of people.

With that said, I like coming to this forum.  The conversation has been much more subdued and reasonable compared with Comic Con's facebook page (and I haven't even tried to go on twitter yet).  Holy cow, there are some really terrible comments coming out of there.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: badge Resale lottery! 2013
« Reply #77 on: Today at 05:01:45 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
With that said, I like coming to this forum.  The conversation has been much more subdued and reasonable compared with Comic Con's facebook page (and I haven't even tried to go on twitter yet).  Holy cow, there are some really terrible comments coming out of there.

;)
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »
There are always some pretty dumb and colorful comments on fb and twitter - usually from people who couldn't get tickets or did it wrong.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »

I agree. I like the way we can discuss things here reasonably (good or bad) and try to make sense of things without going off the handle.

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
I love this group... I was just on facebook .... welcome to the sanitarium ..... who let them out.... very negative
CCI has stept it up and I think tis is going to be fun and fair.... I just need one more day badge. The world is not going to end
if I don't get it. Im still going!!!!
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016

Offline LadyS

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
Those that go (or try to go) to SDCC are very passionate people.  After the calamity of the general sale, most have been stalking Facebook for months, waiting for the resale, and were even teased with details of a resale just a few weeks ago, only to now be told they cannot participate while others are still able to hold out hope.  I have preview night badges, but I still sympathise with them. They have every right to be angry.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 07:08:48 PM »
I don't think cci understood/stands how many international folks were trying to get badges
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
Was that your experience? I am guessing on one of the more popular days? DH got in line after 6:30 am on Sunday & was done by 9:00am. Just curious if it was as bad as we heard on the other days. We just figured it was easier for us because it was Sunday.
I got in line Wednesday after PN (about 10:30) and easily snagged 4-day+PN and had to wait for the Con to open Thursday. 
Unfortunately, the people who, in my opinion, got in line late and had to wait for a few hours (when they could have been at the Con) were the ones who voiced their "concern" at the feedback that year so CCI changed their policy for on-site pre-registration.  From my perspective, the on-line registration has created chaos, not on-site pre-registration.
People camp out for everything now for CC.  If you want a good seat for Hall H or BR20 you have to camp out.  In my mind, why not camp out, secure ones tickets for next year and be done with it.

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
Those that go (or try to go) to SDCC are very passionate people.  After the calamity of the general sale, most have been stalking Facebook for months, waiting for the resale, and were even teased with details of a resale just a few weeks ago, only to now be told they cannot participate while others are still able to hold out hope.  I have preview night badges, but I still sympathise with them. They have every right to be angry.
Yes, I agree with you.  Prior to today's announcement I had hoped to participate in the resale to help out those in need on this forum, but now I don't qualify.  I don't know how many here DO qualify that can help our international friends.

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »
I don't want to quote "Americans being self-serving"...but as someone coming from overseas, I really do question the idea of a lottery that's only open to...funnily enough, the country hosting the con.

What would make it much better is if you could register a US Member ID for the lottery, THEN, if picked, you could enter WHATEVER member ID's you wanted. E.g, one of yours, or 2 of someone else

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the "I" in CCI stand for International?  This whole thing stinks.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the lady. It's just crap that foreign nationals are left out of the lottery because of Epic's own inadequacies. 

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
Lottery Thread Signups
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
    I thought I might start this thread, for people eligible for the lottery.

I was thinking, as they are allowed one extra person (providing that extra person has not got a Saturday badge), we should start pairing up those who are eligible, and those without Saturday badges (or any at all).

Please ONLY post here (other than Alyssa I guess) if you EITHER

• Have Elgibility OR

• Need any form of ticket (Excluding if you already have a Saturday badge
    [/li]
Alyssa, what do you think?

EXAMPLE

I'm Xax, I need 1 Saturday ticket

I'm Jenny, I'm a US/Can resident, I registered

-------------------------------
International:
- xax
- mynamehere
- xminorityx
- theautisticnerd
- Nancy
- Nuey
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:42:56 AM by Khaaaaaaanh!!! »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »
it's not because of Epic's inadequacies it's because there are too many different countries & their respective lottery laws. I gather it's impossible to do a world wide lottery due to all the different laws. 

i also gather cci doesn't want to have the same DOS problems like last badge sale.  so the only option is to limit the sale to a small group of randomly selected folks.  I don't see how else they could have designed the sale.

it isn't fair but i don't see how it could have been done any other way. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:46:43 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Lottery Thread Signups
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »
sounds fine with me-  i'm kinda over loaded by today, so not thinking things through but on the surface it sounds good.  Khanh and Zero have handled stuff like this in the past so they can give the best advice on how to manage it.