Author Topic: 2013 Room Sharing: Looking for a spot? Offering a spot? Looking for a Roommate?  (Read 54235 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
kindly follow this format

Please don't post anywhere else on this site looking for a Roommate, ONLY POST HERE

LAYOUT
Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel: (Which hotel you are staying at?  Are beds available? Is there floor space available?  Will there be roll-out beds?)

Days Booked: (Include which days)
Price: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (In other words, how many people do you want to be in your room? Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:
What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? (Ex: I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)
Please edit/modify your post if your room is full, or if you made any changes to the room.
This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't.

* Disclaimer*
****I do not vet people/agencys who post here!  Please use your personal judgement as to the other person****

***Thank you Zero for putting structure to this page! :)***

Just a quick word about Condo Shares; If you Book the condo for a good price you will find people to share the cost. 
Make sure you understand the *total cost*.  This includes taxes & cleaning fees.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:25:59 AM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jaxter123

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Thanks for sharing, This is useful for me.
I have interested to Book the condo for a good price.

In this time I'm full, but I'm going to leave this here in case my friend decides he can't come.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Cheoptera

• Sails Pavilion
I have started hotel hunting and found three possible options open at this point, the cheapest of which is under $800 for Wednesday night through Sunday morning and is walking distance from the 'Con.  That said, I am completely open to sharing if someone is interested because for that price the options are pretty "bare bones".  I want to be walking distance (9 blocks or closer) and I am willing to pony up a decent share for a shared room/condo.

I am female and middle aged, but could care less if you are older/younger as long as you don't want to turn the room into a kegger.  I plan to be costuming this year.

If there is a thread for this, I apologize, but it seemed that all the 2013 threads didn't include anything for someone looking to share that didn't already have something booked.

Feel free to message me.

Offline Lennit

• Sails Pavilion
Name: Lennit
Hotel: None yet - Looking for room-mate(s)

Days Booked: I plan to be there all days
Price: Would like to keep it under $150 a day for my part
Smoking/Drinking: NO

I just got approved as a Comic Book Professional for 2013.  It will be my very first trip to SDCC (if I get registered when EPIC opens for 1st time pros).  So I will be looking to save a few dollars and hoping to find a room-mate or room-mates.

Offline Ricardo

• Sails Pavilion
Name: Ricardo
Hotel: None yet - Looking for room-mates (Four or five per room)

Days Booked: I plan to be there all days. Tuesday to Monday morning.
Price: Would like to keep it under $50 a day for my part
I'm professional artist. I live in Mexico so I have to arrival on Tuesday and return on Sunday.I just got approved as a Comic Book Professional for 2013.  It will be my very first trip to SDCC (if I get registered when EPIC opens for 1st time pros).  So I will be looking to save a few dollars and hoping to find a room-mates.

Feel free to send me a message and propose a Hotel.

Offline FilthyFish

• Sails Pavilion
LOOKING FOR COOL YOUNG HIPSTERS! Or Community fans.
Name: Will(21) and Justin(21)
Hotel: We're looking to book with the Mariott, but we may change depending on pricing (pricing below)

Days Booked: Check in Tuesday, July 16th, Check out Monday, July 22nd
Price: Depending on the amount of people we get (Currently we're at 3 looking for 2 more) -> if you're our 4th person the price will be: ~$253 per person, if you're our 5th it will be $202 per person for the full stay
Smoking/Drinking: Drinking? HELL YES! Smoking? No. Get out.
Spaces Left: We're looking for 1-2 people. Possibly 3!

The room is a 2 bed queen! Who gets the bed each night will be decided by an ultimate game of QUARTZ PARCHMENT SHEARS [rock paper scissors]
Blanket fort building is permitted and requested.
Guys and Gals are allowed!
Description of us: Will: Tall, Asian, and handsome | Justin: Tall, Black, and handsome
Message either of us via facebook if you're interested:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just so you know, at midnight going from the 16th-17th night we will be celebrating Justin's 21st birthday so there will be DRINKING PARTY for just that one night, in and out of the room. You're welcome to join us if you like! We're cool people. I promise.

We're still looking! Hit us up on FB!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:08:15 AM by FilthyFish »

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
Name: Jessica and Sean Dalton(both 25 by July)
Hotel: dont have one yet

Days Booked: 7/17 checking out 7/21 or 7/22
Price: N/A as we aren't booked yet...Will edit if I need too. would prefer though to keep it around 500-600 for the whole stay on our part, the other half to be split between the other two.
Smoking: No
Drinking: We don't drink but if you do, no problem as long as it doesn't get out of hand in the room.
Spaces Left: We would like to have 4 in total(whether that be another couple or friends) so we need 2 more

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? dont have a room yet but looking to get 2 queens/doubles
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? boys or girls, dont matter, preferably around the same age as us, a little younger is fine, older is good too.
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a cosplayer, dont usually have lots of probs though just wigs and such. The husband is a gamer and we both like lots of random stuff. You can find me on facebook at
the husband at
and our blog at
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Prefer non smokers, Another couple would be ideal but if not thats okay :D we are rather laid back and easy going.

already got our roomies :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:58:33 AM by taigirl87 »

Offline BlinkTime

• Sails Pavilion
Name: Brandon (20)
Hotel: Don't have one yet (also up for paying my way with any other person already getting a hotel).

Days Booked: July 17-July 22
Price: N/A as the hotel hasn't been obtained yet but the cost on your part won't be much as the majority of the room will be payed off by myself.
Smoking: NO
Drinking: I don't drink but you're more than welcome to, just don't get to crazy.
Spaces Left: I'd like to keep it small, between 4-5 people.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?: Don't have the room yet but it will more than likely come out to 2 queen beds so around 4-5 people.
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?: Nope, boys or girls doesn't matter to me, same with age.
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a fun guy to be around, easy going and a complete geek.
You can contact me on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates?: Nope, not going dictate how others act that week/weekend as it's meant to be fun.

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
Name: Talos (45), Tyler (25) - we are co-workers

Hotel: Booked via airbnb, approx six blocks away from the convention center, on the 6th Ave.

Days Booked: check in Wednesday 17th / Check out on Monday July 22nd

Price:
5 nights (including tax and cleaning fee) is $1466.71 for 3 people
 = $488.90 per person

5 nights (including tax and cleaning fee) is $1742.34 for 4 people
 = $435.58 per person

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, and please don't get drunk :)

Spaces Left: looking for 1 to 2 extra people.

Preferences and Description: A loft at approx 800 sq ft, with 1 Queen size bed. (Host will provide air mattresses), access to gym and pool, Air Conditioning, Internet/wireless internet, Kitchen, Washer and Dryer.

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? 21 or above.

Include a brief description about yourself: I am easy going, quiet. I have a creative professional badge. I drew icons and design user interface for a living.

You can find me on:
twitter: @talosman

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Non smokers. Must be clean, tidy and responsible.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:13:29 PM by ttttt2007 »

Offline Knight-Industries131082

• Exhibit Hall
Name: Ricardo
Hotel: None yet - Looking for room-mates (Four or five per room)

Days Booked: I plan to be there all days. Tuesday to Monday morning.
Price: Would like to keep it under $50 a day for my part
I'm professional artist. I live in Mexico so I have to arrival on Tuesday and return on Sunday.I just got approved as a Comic Book Professional for 2013.  It will be my very first trip to SDCC (if I get registered when EPIC opens for 1st time pros).  So I will be looking to save a few dollars and hoping to find a room-mates.

Feel free to send me a message and propose a Hotel.

Even I hope to get a place under or around $50 but somehow I believe it will be mission impossible :/

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
Name: Brad (28)

Hotel: Dont have one. looking to stay with others. Hoping to get buy wit paying less then $500 all together. Hopefuly near the Town and Country hotel.

Days Booked: I'd be flying in either tuesday the 16th or wednesday the 17th, preferably the 17th and leaving on monday the 22nd. I only have the 4 day badge.

Price:
Hoping to pay less then $500 all together. Looking for someone or others to room with.

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking. Dont mind if others drink. Ill probably be drinking out at the bars though.

Spaces Left: doesnt matter.

Preferences and Description: Doesnt matter

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? doesnt matter

Include a brief description about yourself: Pretty quiet. can get a little crazy when drinking sometimes though. Looking to have fun.

You can find me on:

email: [email protected]

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates?
I'm hoping to find people that share interest in panels so I can stand in line with others at the panels id like to go to. Doesnt have to be all of them mind you, but some shared interests would be nice. Would like to go to panels of Dexter, the Walking Dead, Game of thrones, Psych, and some movie panels. Went to a lot of tv show panels last year that i wanted to go to but Im willing to go to some again. Also I love dressing up. Dressed as towelie from South Park last year. Its not required but would be kind of cool to go with others in costume as well.

Hope to hearn from some of you. Had some friends back out this year do to money issues so would hate to cancel.

Offline Armin

• Sails Pavilion
N/A
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:08:15 PM by Armin »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Name: Jamie
Hotel: N/A

I'm English and this will be my first SDCC, although not my first visit to CA.

Not to hijack this thread but a quick detour. Reach out to ukdeejay (one of the moderators for this forum). He has a Facebook group set up for attendees from the UK to make plans together. You might be able to make some new friends and potential roommates this way also.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Armin

• Sails Pavilion
Cheers, that's super helpful!

Offline efreel13

• Sails Pavilion
AVAILABLE - we didn't get tickets (need to transfer the name by 11 Mar)

Hotel:
Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Days Booked:
Check-in:7/17/2013 Check-out: 7/22/2013

Price:
all 5 nights for $1500 obo (can't split the reservation)

Room Description:
Tier Name: 1 Kg or 2 Dbl Beds w/ Free Internet
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:03:39 AM by efreel13 »