Author Topic: 2013 Room Sharing: Looking for a spot? Offering a spot? Looking for a Roommate?  (Read 54234 times)

Offline Natiredgals

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Nathan Fisher
No hotel yet!
Looking for 17th check in and checking out 22nd didn't get lucky enough with preview night Passes ill be landing in San Diego 1252 apparently Wenesday afternoon.
Price I'm open but looking to share to save some cash because I did just buy a plane ticket first time from Ohio!!
Smoking and Drinking I do neither but have nothing agains it just don't smoke in the room.
Spaces depends
Preference doesn't matter to me im 23 and excited and just wanna have fun I'm ready to do this for the first time! I'm more pumped then iI've been in a long time feel free to add me on Facebook it is private and but ill accept ya so we can get to know eachother! Here's to Comic Con 2013!
Email [email protected] and Facebook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nathan Fisher
No hotel yet!
Looking for 17th check in and checking out 22nd didn't get lucky enough with preview night Passes ill be landing in San Diego 1252 apparently Wenesday afternoon.
Price I'm open but looking to share to save some cash because I did just buy a plane ticket first time from Ohio!!
Smoking and Drinking I do neither but have nothing agains it just don't smoke in the room.
Spaces depends
Preference doesn't matter to me im 23 and excited and just wanna have fun I'm ready to do this for the first time! I'm more pumped then iI've been in a long time feel free to add me on Facebook it is private and but ill accept ya so we can get to know eachother! Here's to Comic Con 2013!
Email [email protected] and Facebook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sent you a friend request on Facebook. Was going to message you but I'm not paying $1.00. Lol.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
sent you a friend request on Facebook. Was going to message you but I'm not paying $1.00. Lol.

You can choose for messages to go to the Other folder. It's less obvious but it'll still get there w/o the stupid $1 charge.

But yes, friend request is also an option.

Again, apologies for going off topic - back to your regularly scheduled programming.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
You can choose for messages to go to the Other folder. It's less obvious but it'll still get there w/o the stupid $1 charge.

But yes, friend request is also an option.

Again, apologies for going off topic - back to your regularly scheduled programming.

realized that. But you're never notified when something is in the Other folder. At least I never am and I've had stuff sent to it before.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
you need to remember to check the 'other' folder, hence Khannn's recommendation to check your other folder

Back to your regularly scheduled programming
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Aliceofspades

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Didn’t get the badges so selling our reservation. (Transfer must be made by March 11)
Name: Aliceofspades
Hotel: Town and Country, 2 double beds (4 person room)

Days Booked: from the 16th-22nd check out
Smoking/Drinking: the hotel allows smoking and drinking to be discussed with roommates
Price: Selling for $1500, which you can organise to split 4 ways so it is $62.50/night/person
Spaces Left: 4

Preferences and Description:
Internet and breakfast included in the price and there is a shuttle that will take you to and from the con.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:35:41 PM by Aliceofspades »

Offline dialogue666

• Sails Pavilion
Name:
dialogue666

Hotel:
Crown Plaza
2270 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA

Days Booked:
Check in: 17th, Check out:22nd (IMPORTANT! The last night was not charged to my account so it may be on you to pay that one. I added the night after I made the initial reservation and they said the computer was NOT set up for adding additional nights. Whatever that means. So, as of right now the reservation is ON for Check in 17th, Check out: 21st.)

Price: Pre-paid but I need to transfer reservation before March 11th. Paid $169.00/night [$676.00 + taxes] "Make me an offer"

Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoking room

Spaces Left: Wide open. there were going to be two of us.

This is a 2 queen bed room. I pre-paid it and then got locked out (like a bunch of us did) of the badge-purchase process so now I'm stuck with a room I won't need. I'm looking to move it ASAP and will have a PayPal account set up soon. Interested parties please e-mail me @ [email protected]. Thanks and congrats!

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
There's a 99-hour sitewide sale on Bookit.com for hotels in or nearby San Diego.

Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline JoseLikesComicCon

• Sails Pavilion
  • Nervous for this year!
  • Liked: 1
Name: Jose (18) and Raymond (21)

Hotel:
Resendince Inn @ Gaslamp
Studio Suite w/1 King or Queen Bed and Sofa Bed

Days booked: Wednesday, July 17th - Monday, July 22nd

Price: $257.81/person or $386.72/person

Smoking/Drinking: NO smoking, we don't mind if others drink.

Spaces left: 2

About us: We are both from Houston and we're flying in on Wednesday. We both like NERDY SHIZ, if that wasn't obvious.  We are chill and like to talk about whatever...it can even be awkward.  So, hit us up on FB:  Jose ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) Raymond (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:04:20 PM by JoseLikesComicCon »
contact me on Instagram: joseonreplay

Offline Lennit

• Sails Pavilion
Name: Lennit
Hotel: Courtyard SD Airport/Liberty Station (4 miles from SDCC but it is convention hotel so there is a shuttle)

Days Booked: 17th (Wednesday) / Checkout: 20th (Saturday) - But willing to change reservation to stay until 21st (Sunday).
Price: $245 each night so divide that by however many are in the room
Smoking/Drinking: NO smoking / Drinking yes
Spaces Left: Up to 3. Don't know yet if I have a King with sofabed or 2 Queens.  I'm not apposed to rotating sleeping - even sleep on floor a night if need be.

Preferences and Description: I'm not picky - prefer quiet relaxed type

About Me: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  and  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline yuki

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Marriott Marquis and Marina, right next to the convention center
Same place as last year!

4 people - $350/person ($1400 room+tax+expenses / 4)
6 people - $230/person ($1400/6)
8 people - $175/person
10 people - $140/person

minimum 4 people
maximum 10 people

Most of the congoers I know will just use the place to shower, store stuff, and maybe sleep for a few hours.
Last year everyone went to camp out in Hall H, barely anyone was actually in the room.
So I don't really differentiate between floor and bed or the number of nights you use.
Neither do I run female-only/male-only rooms or provide food.

* I try my best to be fair to all I deal with, to the point that I will re-split room costs and make it lower for you when people, and personally absorb the cost of no-shows rather than force an unexpected price increase on others.

* To reduce the no-show problem, deposits may be requested from new members.

* I expect people to be responsible for their own stuff, to act honestly, and to secure their valuables just in case.
(There were some questions about last year's "I have no liability for your items" disclaimer. I've NEVER had a problem in my rooms, but this rule is there because of the stories I've heard about other rooms at Fanime, etc.)

* This also means no room damage, no causing problems with the hotel, and no running up service charges.

* Males and females welcome. I'm not a creep, and no creeps are allowed.
(Again, I've never had a problem with creeps. But it needs to be mentioned.)

* The room is quiet.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Marriott Marquis and Marina, right next to the convention center
Same place as last year!

4 people - $350/person ($1400 room+tax+expenses / 4)
6 people - $230/person ($1400/6)
8 people - $175/person
10 people - $140/person

minimum 4 people
maximum 10 people

Most of the congoers I know will just use the place to shower, store stuff, and maybe sleep for a few hours.
Last year everyone went to camp out in Hall H, barely anyone was actually in the room.
So I don't really differentiate between floor and bed or the number of nights you use.
Neither do I run female-only/male-only rooms or provide food.

* I try my best to be fair to all I deal with, to the point that I will re-split room costs and make it lower for you when people, and personally absorb the cost of no-shows rather than force an unexpected price increase on others.

* To reduce the no-show problem, deposits may be requested from new members.

* I expect people to be responsible for their own stuff, to act honestly, and to secure their valuables just in case.
(There were some questions about last year's "I have no liability for your items" disclaimer. I've NEVER had a problem in my rooms, but this rule is there because of the stories I've heard about other rooms at Fanime, etc.)

* This also means no room damage, no causing problems with the hotel, and no running up service charges.

* Males and females welcome. I'm not a creep, and no creeps are allowed.
(Again, I've never had a problem with creeps. But it needs to be mentioned.)

* The room is quiet.

Forum Housekeeping:
Merging this with the room sharing thread that we have for Comic-Con 2013.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Capt.Marvel

• Sails Pavilion

Name: Capt.Marvel
Hotel: any downtown hotel

Days Booked: July 17-22
Price: Doesnt matter
Smoking/Drinking: doesn't matter
Spaces Left: looking for a room for 3adult/1child

Please! Can anyone help a fallen nerd? just looking for something downtown for me and family, please come to our rescue.  MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL.

Offline ColetteIngrid

• Sails Pavilion
Name: coletteingrid

Hotel: San Diego Marriott Mission Valley.  (was on Purple shuttle route last year and is steps away from the is the Rio Vista trolley stop)

Days Booked: 6! Tuesday 7/16 — Monday 7/22 (check in 4pm; check out 11am)

Price: $180/night plus tax = $203/per night.  For 2 people, $101.50 per night, for 4 people $50.80 per night.  Final Total =  $1217.76 for six nights.

Smoking/Drinking:
Hotel is non smoking, but the room has a balcony, so...  & drinking is not up to me.

Spaces Left:
I don’t actually need the room.  I have a space in another hotel, but I got this room as a safety net during the hotel pre-sale (which is why the rate is only $180/night and not $195).  Since I already paid, I merely want to be reimbursed, but I could be flexible on the price if you don't need the room all 6 days.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? 

Double w/ 2 queen sized beds for 4 people. 325 sqft/29 sqm. Air-conditioned. Room has a balcony, total size 15sqft/1sqm and a living/sitting area.

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?

No.  Since I am giving up the room, I don’t have the right to dictate.  But whomever takes the room first will have free reign to select roomies.

Include a brief description about yourself:

Not that you will have to room with me, but I am a public high school English teacher living and working in NYC.  Last semester I gifted my 10 most motivated and most improved students copies of Ernest Cline’s Ready Player One with music playlists.

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates?

Again, see above.

We can discuss PayPal options and we can set up the name transfer any time.  As I said the room is there, and having any room, even in Mission Valley beats camping out in Hall H or sleeping in a parking garage. Unless that’s your thing, then . . .. Email me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:52:38 AM by Khaaaaaaanh!!! »

Offline rebel90278

• Sails Pavilion
I'd be extremely interested if you still have the room available. please let me know