Author Topic: 2013 Room Sharing: Looking for a spot? Offering a spot? Looking for a Roommate?  (Read 54241 times)

Offline Wabo

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Name: Male
Hotel: US Grant Hotel - 9 blocks from Convention Center Downtown
Days Booked: Wednesday & Thursday night - check out Friday
Price: Negotiable. I do not have a place to stay on Friday & Saturday night. I am willing to do a trade so long as the hotel in question is in the vicinity of the convention center. I was only able to purchase a Thursday and Sunday badge but I am staying in San Diego for the weekend. Visiting from elsewhere.
Smoking/Drinking: I do not smoke and request the same.
Spaces Left: 1 or 2 people depending on the room arrangement. I assume 2 queen beds will be available and would prefer to sleep in a bed separately.

Preferences and Description:
As mentioned earlier I have not received a specification on the bed layout, I assume 2 queen beds, depending on allocation you can decide the sleeping arrangement. I am traveling alone.

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
Male or female does not matter, age 21-40 does not really matter. You have to be respectful, non-confrontational, and allow for entrance to the room at any hour of the night.

Include a brief description about yourself: I am a male 31 years old, travelling from abroad this is the second time I've visited the San Diego Comic Con. I am a friendly laid back guy. I do intend to leave the room at any hour and return at any hour. I will remain as quiet as possible in consideration for room mates. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

I prefer a roommate that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.

I have my reservation confirmed I would prefer serious inquiries and offers in exchange for stay on Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks.

EDIT

Have room available on Saturday and Sunday as well. Need space for a Friday night.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:25:43 AM by Wabo »

Offline reshef316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Roomie found!

Name: Reshef

Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina (3 miles from Con), It was booked as a room for my wife & myself, but she can't make it...I can ask to change the double bed we reserved for 2 singles, or ask for a roll-away, and, if push comes to shove, there will be floor space...

Days Booked: 6 nights - Monday 15th July (arriving around 7:30 pm) all the way to Sunday July 21st (check out is 12pm, but there is a bag check service...)

Price: I'm not looking to get rich off this, just recoup some of the expense, i'll take 400$ for the duration if i can get you a bed, 250$ if i can't...

Smoking/Drinking: Non smokers only please... i hate the smell of it, sorry... i'm a light drinker, at best, so would prefer like minded people...

Spaces Left: 1

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? single room, can fit 2 ppl

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? - no gender preference, but I would need to be sure that I like the person i'll be staying with...

Include a brief description about yourself: 35 y/o,writer for high tech company, married... attending my first con (best b-day gift ever from the wife)... i'm not a cosplayer or a fan of anything specific, i'm simply there to enjoy as much con as i can...wait in line for some panels, buy/get some merch, maybe a party or two, and that's about it...
I'm a pretty quiet person, can get up & out of the room in 10 mins flat...i'm also pretty sturdy (6ft 250lbs.), so i can be useful as a line buddy...

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates?: like minded person...would need to chat with you ahead of time to make sure it's a match...

feel free to message me here or on twitter @reshefshire316
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:34:06 AM by reshef316 »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline MommyDearest

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
Re: 2013 Room Sharing: Offering spots :)
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi there! So my bf and I have a room, and to make it affordable we need 3 more roommates.  We are awesome, fun, and kind people.  It will be a blast! :)

Name: Susie L.
Hotel: Best Western Hacienda, walking distance to trolley that will take us right to the convention center :)

Days Booked: Wed-Mon July 17-22
Price: $188 total per person for all 5 nights, IF we can get all the roommates me need
Smoking/Drinking: We drink when the time is right.  We do not smoke, but you are welcome to do so outside of room
Spaces Left: we need two people who don't mind sharing a bed, and one person who wouldn't mind being on the couch/blow up mattress/rollaway bed

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? 2 queens and I believe there is a couch.  They said we can also get roll away beds
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? no preferences on age or gender.
Include a brief description about yourself: no cosplay stuff, just regular ol' clothes :) anyone is welcome though as long as everyone is respectful of everyone
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? As long as everyone keeps their stuff somewhat tidy and is respectful of everyone and their space and things we will all get along!

Sent you a pm.

Offline butterflycheesecake

• Sails Pavilion
SEEKING A ROOM FOR TWO

Name: Alana & Kad
Hotel: Need a hotel close to a shuttle

Days Booked: Requires night of the 17th-20th
Price: N/A
Smoking/Drinking: Doesn't matter
Spaces Needed: 2

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? The amount of people doesn't matter
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? No

Kad and I will both be cosplaying from OFF and Homestuck. We are both 20 years old. We will keep our stuff neat and tidy and it doesn't matter if we are on the floor or not.

You can reach me on here or:
butterfly-cheesecake.tumblr.com
[email protected]
Cosplay.com user: MokubaKaiba
Facebook: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:42:38 PM by butterflycheesecake »

Offline conkwe

• Freebie Table
Name: Reena
Looking for a room for 4 people
Days needed: Wednesday - Sunday
Smoking/Drinking: We're non-smokers and we won't be drinking. Prefer non-smokers, but don't mind responsible drinking.

Preferences and Description: There are four females, early 20s. I've been attending SDCC since 2008, the other girls have been on and off for some of the years. I'll personally be paying for all four of us, so I'm looking to find a cheap place for all four days. We can all fit on at least a full-size bed. No preference for roomates.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:13:44 PM by conkwe »

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
If people are still looking for roomies, I've seen on Craigslist that there's some people looking for a place to rent or hotel to share. They *might* not me murderers. ;)

Offline Oztraveller

• Sails Pavilion
My Hotel: Hampton Park Inn
Days Booked: Check-in: 7/17/13 -- Check-Out: 7/21/13
Price: The rate for the extra person is $90 a night I would prefer someone staying all four nights
Smoking/Drinking: I don't smoke, but I may grab a cider or drink after a late night

Room with 2 full beds, non-smoking (This is what I requested)
Age/Gender Preference: No preference for male or female roommates Between the ages of 18-30.

About Me: I am a 26 year old male, coming from Australia and this is my 2nd time going to SDCC. Depending on what's going on each day I may head out early or sleep in and I have plans each night (Wil Wheaton, Kevin Smith, Nerdist, Course of the Force, Walking Dead etc).

I will be checking in on the evening of 17 July and checking out as late as possible on 21 July.

PM me if you're interested - Thanks!

Offline Sweeneybird

• Sails Pavilion
OFFERING A ROOM

Name: Sweeneybird
Hotel: Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp
Days Booked: Arrival Date        7/17/2013 WEDS     Departure Date   7/22/2013 MON
Price: $333.18/nt for a total of $1665.89 for 5 nights including 12.56% tax
Smoking/Drinking: non-smoking
Spaces Left: Whole room available - I will not be able to attend and would like to transfer the reservation
Single room with 1 King or 2 Queen Beds (bed type not guaranteed)
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? No preference but must be 21 to check in to hotel.
Include a brief description about yourself: I have a reservation through Travel Planners for a room at the Indigo Hotel San Diego Gaslamp (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) that I won't be able to use - it's near Petco Park and a quick walk to the Convention Center. The Indigo is pet-friendly, it has a great roof deck bar as well as a fun lobby level bar, it's pretty new and very comfortable. I stayed there 2 years ago and loved it.

PM me if you're interested and we'll work out the details of transferring the reservation to your name and credit card. I've paid the two nights deposit and would want you to reimburse me for that - we can figure that out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:19:00 PM by Sweeneybird »

Offline zillkona

• Sails Pavilion
If people are still looking for roomies, I've seen on Craigslist that there's some people looking for a place to rent or hotel to share. They *might* not me murderers. ;)

Er...May want to avoid the craiglist especially the ones advertising housing if you looking for a place to stay. One of the boardie from differ forum nearly got scammed until he talked to real owner about it.  :-\

Offline reshef316

• Exhibit Hall
Name: Reshef

Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina (3 miles from Con), It was booked as a room for my wife & myself, but she can't make it...I can ask to change the double bed we reserved for 2 singles, or ask for a roll-away, and, if push comes to shove, there will be floor space...

Days Booked: 6 nights - Monday 15th July (arriving around 7:30 pm) all the way to Sunday July 21st (check out is 12pm, but there is a bag check service...)

Price: I'm not looking to get rich off this, just recoup some of the expense, i'll take 400$ for the duration if i can get you a bed, 250$ if i can't...

Smoking/Drinking: Non smokers only please... i hate the smell of it, sorry... i'm a light drinker, at best, so would prefer like minded people...

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? single room, can fit 2 ppl

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? - no gender preference, but I would need to be sure that I like the person i'll be staying with...

Include a brief description about yourself: 35 y/o,writer for high tech company, married... attending my first con (best b-day gift ever from the wife)... i'm not a cosplayer or a fan of anything specific, i'm simply there to enjoy as much con as i can...wait in line for some panels, buy/get some merch, maybe a party or two, and that's about it...
I'm a pretty quiet person, can get up & out of the room in 10 mins flat...i'm also pretty sturdy (6ft 250lbs.), so i can be useful as a line buddy...

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates?: like minded person...would need to chat with you ahead of time to make sure it's a match...

feel free to message me here or on twitter @reshefshire316

Still available...no one needs a room?

Offline spybaby47

• Sails Pavilion
Offering a hotel room with spots for 2-4 people!

Name: Shanea
Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott (Mission Valley)

Days: Thursday-Sunday. (We will be there Sunday night so bags can be left in the room)

Price: $175 per person for four people, $350 per person for 2 people

Description: I'm looking for 2-4 people to take my hotel room Thursday-Saturday at the Courtyard by Marriott in Mission Valley. It has free wifi, food vouchers for the restaurant, on the SDCC shuttle line, and has parking on site if needed. There are 2 beds. Very nice hotel.

Spaces: We have between 2 and 4 available.

PM me if interested or email [email protected]
The room is already paid for so we're just looking to have someone stay there on days that we won't be there.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Just a suggestion for those with rooms available who aren't getting responses here...you might want to Tweet a link to your post here with hashtag #sdcc.  Just be ready for the onslaught of responses :)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
omg, what a great idea

<twitternovice>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline touchshriek

• Sails Pavilion
OFFERING A HOTEL ROOM

Name: Chris
Hotel: Town & Country Resort, Mission Valley
Room Type: 1 person - 1 bed, although when I booked I noticed the price for 2 people was the same as for 1, so there may be space for 2.

Days Booked: Check-in July 16th, 2013 Check-out July 22nd, 2013
Price: Total I paid was $1161.93, but am open to negotiation.
Spaces Left: Whole room available, as I booked this in the Early Bird Sale and now have alternative arrangements.

"4 NT Min stay Incl bfst, internet, 5.00 parking"
T&C Resort is on the SDCC shuttle route.
I have had email confirmation from the hotel that if I was to find someone to take this room, and I give that persons details to the hotel, then a name change is fine. Obviously I can provide any and all communication regarding this booking.

Cleverly forgot to add my email address - [email protected]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:15:11 AM by touchshriek »

Offline ThatRandomChibi

• Sails Pavilion
Looking for a room

Days Booked: Looking for Thursday night and Friday night, am fine with just friday night.
Price:N/A
Smoking/Drinking: fine with drinking, prefer non smoking

Got tickets last minute, just looking for me. I'm a 21 year old female, I don't smoke, drink occasionally but never drunk, and I don't mind floor space. Cosplay so might take minimal space in the closet. I can't afford more than 200 for a room, but I am glad to bake and provide snacks for roommates. Help a girl go to her first Comic Con  ;)

If anythings available just message me at [email protected]

So actually have a room now (thank you priceline :D ), and offering up a spot for someone if they still need it:

Name: Teighlor
Hotel: Mission Valley Resort Hotel
Room Type: Superior Double Room With Two Double Beds - Superior Air-Conditioned Double Room. Also comes with free parking.
Age/Gender Preference: No preference for male or female roommates, between the ages of 18-30.
Days Booked: Check-in July 19th, 2013 Check-out July 20nd, 2013
Price: $120 for the night.
Spaces Left:  1 for the other bed, 2 if someone doesn't mind floor space.

No Smokers please. I'm a 21 year old female, I don't smoke, drink occasionally but never drunk. This is my first Comic Con, and I plan to enjoy it fully. I will probably be going in and out of the room, but I will be considerate with whomever is sharing the room with me. As I mentioned when I was looking for a room, I will probably bake and bring snacks down, so you'll be free to eat those. I also cosplay so will take up a bit of closet space, but am happy to share. Just asking for someone who will be equally considerate.

If you're interested PM me or email me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:33:57 AM by ThatRandomChibi »