Author Topic: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---  (Read 115431 times)

Offline Dolphindrmin

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Hey guys-

I haven't been able to actually get on here for a few days because I had forgotten my PW and after 2 many attempts the system locked me out. Today, I just did a reset so I could get in and voila. Yay!

Anyway, regarding parking, since the convention and most of the Hilton is now sold out from that link. I wanted to point out an ACE lot that I noticed was NOT on the CC list that was posted. It is just around the corner from Hard Rock Hotel that is on 5th Street and directly across from the convention center. If you are standing in front of Hard Rock Hotel facing it, you'd walk 2 blocks to your right and the structure is right there across that street. So right about 7th and K street. $10 is all they charged. We parked there each day last year with no problems. In fact, the lot never even filled. They don't stand out there with signs or anything. Got in/out with ease each day and we were right there within that 2 block walk to get into the heart of the Gaslamp District for all the outdoor stuff, plus just that small walk across the tracks to get to the convention center. If you were at the Con last year, you'll remember the cute little trolley train with "The Simpsons" theme going by right there. The displays for Revolution and Grimm was there as well. Just wanted to throw it out there since the map shows an official CC released lot on that link close around 10th and J (they call it the Diamond View Tower), but they are charging as much as $20-25 a day with that $5.95 service fee tacked on for each day. This other lot can save someone some coin.

:)

Hope that helps.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
email cci with the subject line of disabled services
Or go to the disabled services booth in the lobby at the con

The sdcc site say s the email is offline.  Do you have the addy?  Thanks@

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 02:03:28 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »
i've heard the email will come back on line shortly.  i think they're trying to clear out the back log
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
Hey guys-

I haven't been able to actually get on here for a few days because I had forgotten my PW and after 2 many attempts the system locked me out. Today, I just did a reset so I could get in and voila. Yay!

Anyway, regarding parking, since the convention and most of the Hilton is now sold out from that link. I wanted to point out an ACE lot that I noticed was NOT on the CC list that was posted. It is just around the corner from Hard Rock Hotel that is on 5th Street and directly across from the convention center. If you are standing in front of Hard Rock Hotel facing it, you'd walk 2 blocks to your right and the structure is right there across that street. So right about 7th and K street. $10 is all they charged. We parked there each day last year with no problems. In fact, the lot never even filled. They don't stand out there with signs or anything. Got in/out with ease each day and we were right there within that 2 block walk to get into the heart of the Gaslamp District for all the outdoor stuff, plus just that small walk across the tracks to get to the convention center. If you were at the Con last year, you'll remember the cute little trolley train with "The Simpsons" theme going by right there. The displays for Revolution and Grimm was there as well. Just wanted to throw it out there since the map shows an official CC released lot on that link close around 10th and J (they call it the Diamond View Tower), but they are charging as much as $20-25 a day with that $5.95 service fee tacked on for each day. This other lot can save someone some coin.

:)

Hope that helps.

I posted this on the SDCC BH's facebook page:

For those of you who want to rough it the week of CCI and don't want to get prepaid parking, here is a map of downtown parking from the Padres' website. It has some of the lots/garages on the permitstore site, but other lots not up for pre-sale - if you want to see what else it out there: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, the Tailgate lot isn't bad now that the bridge is open that goes across the tracks.  I used to park there before prepaid parking  made things easier (ish) to get closer parking, and it was OK but a bit of a hike since you had to walk several blocks north so you could cross the tracks the tracks at 5th.  Now it's just walking to the bridge, crossing, and then you're good to go.  Can't believe how long it took the city to build that freaking bridge: so much easier now to get around (and the Hilton is a lot cheaper for Padre games than the Petco parking).

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
Currently, the Hilton Bayfront Garage will be opening at 6am during Comic-con  (the convention center parking is supposedly opening at 5am) - everyone needs to email ACE or post on their facebook page for them to move access to the Hilton Bayfront Garage up to at least 5am during comic-con to accommodate those getting into those Hall H lines!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:51 AM »
Housekeeping Note;

We had been tossing an idea around in this thread which was slightly off topic and more of a general forum, "lets work together" concept.  I've taken those posts and moved them to the general sdcc area & renamed the thread, 'Power of the Group"
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
Currently, the Hilton Bayfront Garage will be opening at 6am during Comic-con  (the convention center parking is supposedly opening at 5am) - everyone needs to email ACE or post on their facebook page for them to move access to the Hilton Bayfront Garage up to at least 5am during comic-con to accommodate those getting into those Hall H lines!
Do you have ACE's email and a suggested template for the email?

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - according to their facebook page they are looking into it with the Hilton - but more emails shouldn't hurt.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
I sent them an email through the form. Thanks RSCF.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
Currently, the Hilton Bayfront Garage will be opening at 6am during Comic-con  (the convention center parking is supposedly opening at 5am)

Convention Center Lot definitely opens by 5am, sometime a bit earlier (I was there last year around ten till 5 one day and it was open).  I've been parking under the Convention Center the last few years and you can def. count on that 5am open time

Here's hoping folks at the Hilton can get the lot to open by 5

Offline ceddyced

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
For those whom still need parking.  Last year I parked in a lot across the street from Holiday Inn By the Bay for $10.00.  It was open 24hrs.  We took the shuttle in front of Holiday Inn.  5-10 min ride to the Convention center.  The shuttles are a great source of transportation.  We take site seeing tours on the air conditioned shuttles during the con when we need a break from the crowds.
Destruct sequence 1 code 1 1 A.
SDCC 2000-2019

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »
HAHA

take a ride on a air conditioned shuttle for a break. Love it!

i usually park myself in a line for something, early afternoon, just so I can rest the feet.

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »
First-timer question: we are driving in from Nashville and since we lucked out in the hotel sale, we can just walk every day, so is there anywhere I can park free or cheap that is maybe a little farther out and then take a trolley or bus downtown? And leave the car in one place til Sunday?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
First-timer question: we are driving in from Nashville and since we lucked out in the hotel sale, we can just walk every day, so is there anywhere I can park free or cheap that is maybe a little farther out and then take a trolley or bus downtown? And leave the car in one place til Sunday?

Qualcomm is an option. Check long term airport parking as well.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »
i'm not sure you can over night at qualcome tho....if so that's sweet