Author Topic: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---  (Read 115434 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: 2013 Parking Pass Thread --Any & All Info goes here---
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
This is a wiki specific to tailgating so take it for what it’s worth: 

“Post-game tailgating is limited to two hours after the conclusion of the game. All cars must vacate the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot within a two hour window. Overnight parking is prohibited unless a special permit has been requested and granted.”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2013, 07:44:47 AM »
From the stadium website:

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 04:35:01 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
Meant for the cheap and free part.

The SDCC Survival Guide writer says he has a secret spot you can leave your car for a few days and you just need to email him to ask or something like that but I haven't had to try that before...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2013, 05:58:36 PM »
Alyssa came up with a good idea to park at the airport and take a shuttle downtown for Comic Con.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
i think it's only makes sense if you drop the bags off at the hotel, drive to the airport, park the car, do comic con, then pick up the car, drive back to the hotel for the bags.

In addition the the long term parking at the airport there usually are cheaper lots a bit further out from the airport.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »
i think it's only makes sense if you drop the bags off at the hotel, drive to the airport, park the car, do comic con, then pick up the car, drive back to the hotel for the bags.

In addition the the long term parking at the airport there usually are cheaper lots a bit further out from the airport.

Exactly. And if you're not planning to drive during the Con, that's a great plan.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
Wanted to post this here but I got parking spots at the MTS Garage and was worried about what time they open the lots.  I called earlier today and a lady I spoke to said that ALL lots open at 5 am and close at midnight.  Not sure about leaving cars there overnight or whatnot but maybe someone else can call for that.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »
If they close at Midnight I'd say you probably can't park overnight.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
They've always stated that the lots close at midnight and overnight parking is not allowed.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
Wanted to post this here but I got parking spots at the MTS Garage and was worried about what time they open the lots.  I called earlier today and a lady I spoke to said that ALL lots open at 5 am and close at midnight.  Not sure about leaving cars there overnight or whatnot but maybe someone else can call for that.

some people say that for the hilton next door, if you switch your pass to the next day's that you could leave it overnight but that's at your own risk.

the midnight time is loosely enforced but they can tow anytime after that if they want.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2013, 10:13:41 PM »
some people say that for the hilton next door, if you switch your pass to the next day's that you could leave it overnight but that's at your own risk.

the midnight time is loosely enforced but they can tow anytime after that if they want.

I guess my biggest concern is do they shut down the gates at midnight.  In the past, I have always left around 10-11ish and don't worry about things like that.  This year, though, I have friends who are staying in hotels nearby so I might catch up with a few of them a little later than normal.  I figure if I leave a little past midnight, it may not be a biggie, but was just curious if they lock down the garages and prevent all vehicles left from leaving.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:26 PM »
I guess my biggest concern is do they shut down the gates at midnight.  In the past, I have always left around 10-11ish and don't worry about things like that.  This year, though, I have friends who are staying in hotels nearby so I might catch up with a few of them a little later than normal.  I figure if I leave a little past midnight, it may not be a biggie, but was just curious if they lock down the garages and prevent all vehicles left from leaving.

im gonna guess it varies from location to location. some of the less close garages may not be staffed the same way. i'd say write to ACE parking and verify. they respond to their facebook and twitter accounts and i'm sure they'd respond to their emails too.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2013, 01:18:12 AM »
I see people selling their parking passes but how? They have the make, model and licence plate of the car it's registered to. Is there a way around that tok? (I'm not looking to buy, I've got my parking pass.)

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2013, 01:34:21 AM »
I see people selling their parking passes but how? They have the make, model and licence plate of the car it's registered to. Is there a way around that tok? (I'm not looking to buy, I've got my parking pass.)

I made a mistake one year of putting my license plate and make of car instead of my mom's car for two of the days.  I was nervous but I reasoned that if they asked, I could say that my car broke down and I was using another one instead.  The attendants at the gate did not appear to even check the ticket for make and model, they just scan the paper.  Its possible that they have security roam around and check the dash for the parking pass to confirm make and license match but who knows.  Nothing happened to my car so its possible you can get away with switching out a pass.  I should note that the fine print on the pass states that the permit is licensed only to the car described in the pass although it does not state any penalties if you get caught transferring the pass, so take the risk if you want.  Can't believe that Comic Con parking passes are being scalped though.  Crazy.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2013, 02:34:14 AM »

If you chose "rental" when you bought the pass, you didn't have to enter any specific vehicle information.